Steelers place Dwyer, Hoke on injured reserve; sign Ivy, Cromartie-Smith
The Steelers have placed running back Jonathan Dwyer and nose tackle Chris Hoke on injured reserve and signed linebacker Mortty Ivy and safety Damon Cromartie-Smith from the practice squad.
Ivy, a Gateway High and West Virginia product, and Smith had been on the Steelers' practice squad. Ivy appeared in a game earlier this season when injuries had left the Steelers thin at linebacker. Both Ivy and Smith figure to suit up tonight when the Steelers host the Browns.
Hoke and Dwyer are out for the rest of the season with neck and foot injuries, respectively.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dubinsky suspended for cross-check on SidneyCrosby
- Clairton captures 12th WPIAL football championship
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Man reports being hit by bullet in Highland Park
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- CBS’ ‘Code Black’ inspired by Pitt medical school graduate’s documentary
- Republicans roll dice as Trump headlines Pennsylvania Society event
- Clairton among greatest WPIAL dynasties; Aliquippa, South Fayette close