Deputies find pot in car Uptown; 2 arrested
Two men were arrested on Wednesday morning when Allegheny County sheriff's deputies stopped their vehicle on the Boulevard of the Allies and found what Sheriff William P. Mullen called "a large amount" of marijuana.
Alexander Maiullo, 24, of Mt. Lebanon, and Kevin Arenth, 19, of Plum, are believed to have been under the influence of an unknown substance. Authorities said the men barely could stand when they got out of the car, which was pulled over near UPMC Mercy hospital, Uptown. Deputies stopped the car after spotting it traveling erratically during the morning rush hour, Mullen said.
Arenth, who was driving, gave deputies permission to search the vehicle, Mullen said. Deputies found pills, the marijuana and about $1,000 in cash, sheriff's Lt. Jack Kearney said.
The two were taken to Allegheny County Jail to be processed on a variety of charges, Mullen said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Wilkinsburg mom pleads guilty to child endangerment, will testify against boyfriend
- Baseball America names Pirates as organization of the year
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Kane to announce plans for next chapter in porn email saga
- LCB offers free holiday shipping to state stores
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- New Florence man charged with killing police officer
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception