West Penn Hospital emergency department reopens Tuesday
Highmark Inc. and the West Penn Allegheny Health System said today the restoration of emergency medical services at The West Penn Hospital in Bloomfield has been completed and will reopen to the public on Tuesday at 8 a.m.
"Today is a great day for the people of Bloomfield and its surrounding communities, many of whom have relied upon West Penn Hospital as source of exceptional healthcare services throughout their lifetime," said Highmark CEO Kenneth R. Melani, in a statement.
Highmark and WPAHS last year agree to a merger, pending regulatory approvals, which will strengthen the health system and position it as the centerpiece of an integrated healthcare delivery system for the region, Melani said.
West Penn's recent financial problems previously caused a cut in services at West Penn Hospital and the closing of its emergency department on Dec. 31, 2010.
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Weather-related accidents close Parkway West
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Penguins notebook: Winning home games crucial for Penguins
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’