West Penn Hospital emergency department reopens Tuesday
Highmark Inc. and the West Penn Allegheny Health System said today the restoration of emergency medical services at The West Penn Hospital in Bloomfield has been completed and will reopen to the public on Tuesday at 8 a.m.
"Today is a great day for the people of Bloomfield and its surrounding communities, many of whom have relied upon West Penn Hospital as source of exceptional healthcare services throughout their lifetime," said Highmark CEO Kenneth R. Melani, in a statement.
Highmark and WPAHS last year agree to a merger, pending regulatory approvals, which will strengthen the health system and position it as the centerpiece of an integrated healthcare delivery system for the region, Melani said.
West Penn's recent financial problems previously caused a cut in services at West Penn Hospital and the closing of its emergency department on Dec. 31, 2010.
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Steelers’ Harrison eyes stretch run
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Warrants issued for women accused of prostitution in New Stanton sting
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Explosion claims life of Washington County garage owner
- Attorney wants evidence from South Allegheny teacher’s cellphone thrown out
- NFL notebook: Gifford had CTE, family says