Man charged in fatal Wilmerding shooting
A North Versailles shot and killed his friend in a Wilmerding home Friday evening, Allegheny County police said.
Police charged Seth A. Dillon, 21, with criminal homicide and carrying a firearm without a license for the shooting of Shawn Januck, 18, of Wilmerding.
Police wrote in court document that Dillon told investigators he and Januck were standing in a kitchen about 8:30 p.m., with Dillon's gun lying on a table.
Dillon said when he picked up the gun, it fired, hitting Januck in the head. Witnesses told police that Dillon said he didn't know the gun was loaded.
Dillon remained in the Allegheny County Jail Saturday morning.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Youthful West Mifflin girls face tall order
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Holiday spirit shines in Ford City
- Veterans courts in Pennsylvania dubbed remedy for recidivism
- Local homes tour will benefit Belle Vernon Area’s anti-drug program
- Deteriorating Monessen building under renewed scrutiny
- Division-I prospect Kalin leads up-tempo Pine-Richland girls
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception