Romney at Consol Energy Center today for pair of fundraisers
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney is scheduled to be in Pittsburgh today for two fundraisers at Consol Energy Center.
The former Massachusetts governor will hold a fundraiser at 10 a.m. to benefit the Republican Committee of Allegheny County, followed immediately by a fundraiser at the center's Lexis Club to raise money for his campaign.
Members of Occupy Pittsburgh announced on their website that they will rally outside the center from 10:30 a.m. until the second fundraiser ends about noon. The group is the local offshoot of Occupy Wall Street, which formed to protest corporate excesses.
Pennsylvania Democratic Party Chairman Jim Burn, a Millvale resident, and other local residents will hold a press briefing at 1:30 p.m. to discuss Romney's "anti-middle-class policies."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Star Hayward enjoys go-to role for St. Francis (Pa.)
- Pitt survives Oakland’s upset bid with overtime victory
- 3 charged in East Deer home invasion
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Financial fraudster used investors’ lucre to freeze dead wife, feds contend
- Game Commission aims to settle controversy through study
- Police crash victim’s death ruled accidental
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- North Huntingdon residents warned about vehicle break-ins