Romney at Consol Energy Center today for pair of fundraisers
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney is scheduled to be in Pittsburgh today for two fundraisers at Consol Energy Center.
The former Massachusetts governor will hold a fundraiser at 10 a.m. to benefit the Republican Committee of Allegheny County, followed immediately by a fundraiser at the center's Lexis Club to raise money for his campaign.
Members of Occupy Pittsburgh announced on their website that they will rally outside the center from 10:30 a.m. until the second fundraiser ends about noon. The group is the local offshoot of Occupy Wall Street, which formed to protest corporate excesses.
Pennsylvania Democratic Party Chairman Jim Burn, a Millvale resident, and other local residents will hold a press briefing at 1:30 p.m. to discuss Romney's "anti-middle-class policies."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Clymer woman dies in 2-vehicle crash in Homer City
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Man in New Kensington standoff charged
- West Virginia men’s basketball team hopes best is yet to come
- Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies