Romney at Consol Energy Center today for pair of fundraisers
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney is scheduled to be in Pittsburgh today for two fundraisers at Consol Energy Center.
The former Massachusetts governor will hold a fundraiser at 10 a.m. to benefit the Republican Committee of Allegheny County, followed immediately by a fundraiser at the center's Lexis Club to raise money for his campaign.
Members of Occupy Pittsburgh announced on their website that they will rally outside the center from 10:30 a.m. until the second fundraiser ends about noon. The group is the local offshoot of Occupy Wall Street, which formed to protest corporate excesses.
Pennsylvania Democratic Party Chairman Jim Burn, a Millvale resident, and other local residents will hold a press briefing at 1:30 p.m. to discuss Romney's "anti-middle-class policies."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Monsour hospital properties sold at free-and-clear sale
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Pitt puts focus to test in jumbled ACC Coastal race
- Penn State seeks recruiting win in ‘whiteout’ game
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention