Romney at Consol Energy Center today for pair of fundraisers
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney is scheduled to be in Pittsburgh today for two fundraisers at Consol Energy Center.
The former Massachusetts governor will hold a fundraiser at 10 a.m. to benefit the Republican Committee of Allegheny County, followed immediately by a fundraiser at the center's Lexis Club to raise money for his campaign.
Members of Occupy Pittsburgh announced on their website that they will rally outside the center from 10:30 a.m. until the second fundraiser ends about noon. The group is the local offshoot of Occupy Wall Street, which formed to protest corporate excesses.
Pennsylvania Democratic Party Chairman Jim Burn, a Millvale resident, and other local residents will hold a press briefing at 1:30 p.m. to discuss Romney's "anti-middle-class policies."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- Machinists ranked No. 1 occupation by Department of Labor
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Woman on dating site looks too good to be true: How to vet that pic
- The bullet inside your body ‘becomes a part of you’
- Knoch graduate a success in male-dominant profession