Romney at Consol Energy Center today for pair of fundraisers
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney is scheduled to be in Pittsburgh today for two fundraisers at Consol Energy Center.
The former Massachusetts governor will hold a fundraiser at 10 a.m. to benefit the Republican Committee of Allegheny County, followed immediately by a fundraiser at the center's Lexis Club to raise money for his campaign.
Members of Occupy Pittsburgh announced on their website that they will rally outside the center from 10:30 a.m. until the second fundraiser ends about noon. The group is the local offshoot of Occupy Wall Street, which formed to protest corporate excesses.
Pennsylvania Democratic Party Chairman Jim Burn, a Millvale resident, and other local residents will hold a press briefing at 1:30 p.m. to discuss Romney's "anti-middle-class policies."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Police officer in Fayette County charged in apparent domestic dispute
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Baldwin native McNulty’s storied legal career leads to Grove City post
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates