Romney at Consol Energy Center today for pair of fundraisers
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney is scheduled to be in Pittsburgh today for two fundraisers at Consol Energy Center.
The former Massachusetts governor will hold a fundraiser at 10 a.m. to benefit the Republican Committee of Allegheny County, followed immediately by a fundraiser at the center's Lexis Club to raise money for his campaign.
Members of Occupy Pittsburgh announced on their website that they will rally outside the center from 10:30 a.m. until the second fundraiser ends about noon. The group is the local offshoot of Occupy Wall Street, which formed to protest corporate excesses.
Pennsylvania Democratic Party Chairman Jim Burn, a Millvale resident, and other local residents will hold a press briefing at 1:30 p.m. to discuss Romney's "anti-middle-class policies."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Rising number of health care workers have less than 4-year degree, study shows
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Air Algerie plane with 116 disappears from radar in Africa
- Liriano, Snider lift Pirates to a victory over Dodgers at PNC Park
- Pirates notebook: Recovering Cole exceeds expectations in simulated game
- New Penguins coach to meet with Malkin
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Summer camp program a hit at Scottdale’s Geyer center
- Interest high for Heinz Field soccer match between top Euro teams
- Fitzgerald stacks legislative wins as Allegheny council members struggle