Romney at Consol Energy Center today for pair of fundraisers
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney is scheduled to be in Pittsburgh today for two fundraisers at Consol Energy Center.
The former Massachusetts governor will hold a fundraiser at 10 a.m. to benefit the Republican Committee of Allegheny County, followed immediately by a fundraiser at the center's Lexis Club to raise money for his campaign.
Members of Occupy Pittsburgh announced on their website that they will rally outside the center from 10:30 a.m. until the second fundraiser ends about noon. The group is the local offshoot of Occupy Wall Street, which formed to protest corporate excesses.
Pennsylvania Democratic Party Chairman Jim Burn, a Millvale resident, and other local residents will hold a press briefing at 1:30 p.m. to discuss Romney's "anti-middle-class policies."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Autographs to come at a cost at PirateFest
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Pedestrian dies in North Side accident, authorities say
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Website ranks Hampton among nation’s top schools
- Ross residents take concerns about Seville building to township
- Wexford Elementary earns Blue Ribbon honor
- North Hills Wind Ensemble musicians ‘respect the music’
- Former Holiday Inn in Hampton now an apartment complex
- North Hills senior to continue rowing career at West Virginia