Romney at Consol Energy Center today for pair of fundraisers
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney is scheduled to be in Pittsburgh today for two fundraisers at Consol Energy Center.
The former Massachusetts governor will hold a fundraiser at 10 a.m. to benefit the Republican Committee of Allegheny County, followed immediately by a fundraiser at the center's Lexis Club to raise money for his campaign.
Members of Occupy Pittsburgh announced on their website that they will rally outside the center from 10:30 a.m. until the second fundraiser ends about noon. The group is the local offshoot of Occupy Wall Street, which formed to protest corporate excesses.
Pennsylvania Democratic Party Chairman Jim Burn, a Millvale resident, and other local residents will hold a press briefing at 1:30 p.m. to discuss Romney's "anti-middle-class policies."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Few knew of cyber attack on White House computer network
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Elsa from ‘Frozen’ popular for kids in Halloween parades at Armstrong schools
- Smicksburg businesses get jump on Christmas
- Police: Man wanted in fatal ambush of Pennsylvania trooper finally captured
- Apollo fills solicitor job with Leechburg-based attorney
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast