West Penn Hospital emergency department reopens Tuesday
Highmark Inc. and the West Penn Allegheny Health System said today the restoration of emergency medical services at The West Penn Hospital in Bloomfield has been completed and will reopen to the public on Tuesday at 8 a.m.
"Today is a great day for the people of Bloomfield and its surrounding communities, many of whom have relied upon West Penn Hospital as source of exceptional healthcare services throughout their lifetime," said Highmark CEO Kenneth R. Melani, in a statement.
Highmark and WPAHS last year agree to a merger, pending regulatory approvals, which will strengthen the health system and position it as the centerpiece of an integrated healthcare delivery system for the region, Melani said.
West Penn's recent financial problems previously caused a cut in services at West Penn Hospital and the closing of its emergency department on Dec. 31, 2010.
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Commentary: Witherspoon, Ellison are changing movies
- How to dine out with kids
- Hax: Dad changes mind, meaning siblings get bigger portion of estate
- Charity wants donors to knit and purl for animal shelters
- Harmar native’s new book opens door to world for students
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Ex-etiquette: Remarried mom doesn’t want Thanksgiving with ex
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- D.C. charges woman over armed protest