Newsmaker: Deborah DeLong
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Husband, Jim; daughters, Isabel, 13, and Suzanna, 11; and stepsons, Tyler, 21, Connor, 17, and Logan, 14
Occupation: Assistant professor of marketing at Chatham University and faculty adviser for the student-run Chatham University Marketing Association
Background: Earned her undergraduate degree in psychology from Vassar College and master's degree and Ph.D. in industrial organization psychology from the University of Nebraska. She was a clinical professor of marketing in Tulane University's Freeman School of Business before joining Chatham in 2006.
Noteworthy: DeLong was one of two collegiate marketing association faculty advisers presented with the Hugh G. Wales Award for Outstanding Faculty Advisors at the American Marketing Association's International Collegiate conference in New Orleans.
Quote: "My students nominated me, (and) I am incredibly flattered and I feel incredibly proud of them. I'm grateful that they want to acknowledge me, but I'm extremely proud of what they have accomplished."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Parking Authority settles suit over kiosks
- Tuesday- Sept. 2, 2014