Newsmaker: Ronald C. Arnett
Age : 58
Residence : McCandless
Family : Wife, Millie, a librarian at Beaver Falls High School; daughter, Aimee; son, Adam
Occupation : Chair and professor of Duquesne University's Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies
Education : Bachelor's degree in psychology from Manchester College, Indiana, 1974; master's degree in 1975 and doctorate in 1978 in interpersonal communication from Ohio University; and a master's of divinity in peace studies, Bethany Theological Seminary, Indiana, 1983.
Professional experience : Before coming to Duquesne in 1993, Arnett taught and served as an administrator at St. Cloud State University in Minneapolis; Marquette University in Milwaukee; and Manchester College in Indiana.
Notable : Arnett has been appointed the inaugural Henry Koren, C.S.Sp., Chair in Scholarly Excellence at Duquesne. The Rev. Koren was a Catholic Spiritan priest who headed Duquesne's philosophy department during the 1950s.
Quote : "I'm honored to be at Duquesne University, to work here and be connected to the Holy Ghost fathers. Their presence permeates this campus in a revelatory fashion. To have an endowed chair named after Father Koren is wonderful, and I feel very fortunate."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ebola watch lists to shrink
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- ReClaim McKeesport ambassadors transform vacant lot
- Hax: Student wants to shift gears
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- North Versailles Township commissioner opposes closing Green Valley Primary School
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day
- Cookies for Our Troops marches on
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial