Newsmaker: Ronald C. Arnett
Age : 58
Residence : McCandless
Family : Wife, Millie, a librarian at Beaver Falls High School; daughter, Aimee; son, Adam
Occupation : Chair and professor of Duquesne University's Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies
Education : Bachelor's degree in psychology from Manchester College, Indiana, 1974; master's degree in 1975 and doctorate in 1978 in interpersonal communication from Ohio University; and a master's of divinity in peace studies, Bethany Theological Seminary, Indiana, 1983.
Professional experience : Before coming to Duquesne in 1993, Arnett taught and served as an administrator at St. Cloud State University in Minneapolis; Marquette University in Milwaukee; and Manchester College in Indiana.
Notable : Arnett has been appointed the inaugural Henry Koren, C.S.Sp., Chair in Scholarly Excellence at Duquesne. The Rev. Koren was a Catholic Spiritan priest who headed Duquesne's philosophy department during the 1950s.
Quote : "I'm honored to be at Duquesne University, to work here and be connected to the Holy Ghost fathers. Their presence permeates this campus in a revelatory fashion. To have an endowed chair named after Father Koren is wonderful, and I feel very fortunate."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville wrestlers hope to meet program’s standard of excellence
- Roundup: Mazda recalls cars to fix tire pressure monitors; Wal-Mart’s top merchant out as key holiday nears; more
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- Lower gasoline prices fail to spur consumer spending
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- FDA rule to require chain restaurants to post calorie counts
- Young Steel Valley players looking for experience
- Steel Valley plans to play up-tempo under 1st-year coach Schifino
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- Federal agency checking whether Highmark has enough doctors in Medicare plan