Newsmaker: Ronald C. Arnett
Age : 58
Residence : McCandless
Family : Wife, Millie, a librarian at Beaver Falls High School; daughter, Aimee; son, Adam
Occupation : Chair and professor of Duquesne University's Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies
Education : Bachelor's degree in psychology from Manchester College, Indiana, 1974; master's degree in 1975 and doctorate in 1978 in interpersonal communication from Ohio University; and a master's of divinity in peace studies, Bethany Theological Seminary, Indiana, 1983.
Professional experience : Before coming to Duquesne in 1993, Arnett taught and served as an administrator at St. Cloud State University in Minneapolis; Marquette University in Milwaukee; and Manchester College in Indiana.
Notable : Arnett has been appointed the inaugural Henry Koren, C.S.Sp., Chair in Scholarly Excellence at Duquesne. The Rev. Koren was a Catholic Spiritan priest who headed Duquesne's philosophy department during the 1950s.
Quote : "I'm honored to be at Duquesne University, to work here and be connected to the Holy Ghost fathers. Their presence permeates this campus in a revelatory fashion. To have an endowed chair named after Father Koren is wonderful, and I feel very fortunate."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defense is unfazed by the noise, believe in potential
- Dormont man missing since Wednesday found dead at Station Square
- Ryan tosses 1-hitter as Hempfield wins 3rd WPIAL championship
- Women’s resale boutique in Ross channels profits to animal charities
- Fashion FYI: RAW: Pittsburgh brings Splendor to Millvale
- Police: Man riding bike in New Kensington strikes truck, dies
- Harkness’ witches, vampires take on life for readers
- Penguins notebook: After reinterpreting rule, draft pick sought for Bylsma’s hiring
- Driver’s license ban for immigrant children ends in Nebraska
- Iran: Liberals’ nightmare
- Historic Martha’s Vineyard lighthouse moves inland