Newsmaker: Ronald C. Arnett
Age : 58
Residence : McCandless
Family : Wife, Millie, a librarian at Beaver Falls High School; daughter, Aimee; son, Adam
Occupation : Chair and professor of Duquesne University's Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies
Education : Bachelor's degree in psychology from Manchester College, Indiana, 1974; master's degree in 1975 and doctorate in 1978 in interpersonal communication from Ohio University; and a master's of divinity in peace studies, Bethany Theological Seminary, Indiana, 1983.
Professional experience : Before coming to Duquesne in 1993, Arnett taught and served as an administrator at St. Cloud State University in Minneapolis; Marquette University in Milwaukee; and Manchester College in Indiana.
Notable : Arnett has been appointed the inaugural Henry Koren, C.S.Sp., Chair in Scholarly Excellence at Duquesne. The Rev. Koren was a Catholic Spiritan priest who headed Duquesne's philosophy department during the 1950s.
Quote : "I'm honored to be at Duquesne University, to work here and be connected to the Holy Ghost fathers. Their presence permeates this campus in a revelatory fashion. To have an endowed chair named after Father Koren is wonderful, and I feel very fortunate."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- Pittsburgh council to consider extending business district tax
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Fans connect with their beloved Pirates through homemade signs
- Cubs’ Arrieta, Pirates’ Cole leave batters with little margin for error
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- How the Pirates put together another postseason contender
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Johnstown man accused of sexual misconduct at state park