Newsmaker: Ronald C. Arnett
Age : 58
Residence : McCandless
Family : Wife, Millie, a librarian at Beaver Falls High School; daughter, Aimee; son, Adam
Occupation : Chair and professor of Duquesne University's Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies
Education : Bachelor's degree in psychology from Manchester College, Indiana, 1974; master's degree in 1975 and doctorate in 1978 in interpersonal communication from Ohio University; and a master's of divinity in peace studies, Bethany Theological Seminary, Indiana, 1983.
Professional experience : Before coming to Duquesne in 1993, Arnett taught and served as an administrator at St. Cloud State University in Minneapolis; Marquette University in Milwaukee; and Manchester College in Indiana.
Notable : Arnett has been appointed the inaugural Henry Koren, C.S.Sp., Chair in Scholarly Excellence at Duquesne. The Rev. Koren was a Catholic Spiritan priest who headed Duquesne's philosophy department during the 1950s.
Quote : "I'm honored to be at Duquesne University, to work here and be connected to the Holy Ghost fathers. Their presence permeates this campus in a revelatory fashion. To have an endowed chair named after Father Koren is wonderful, and I feel very fortunate."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- Young defensemen make case for future with Penguins
- Elites, media & character
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- Crews battling 5-alarm fire at North Union industrial building
- Biertempfel: Observations from a day at the ballpark
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired
- Burnett’s stellar start paves way for Pirates’ victory over Diamondbacks
- Sawchik: Young Cubs could threaten for foreseeable future
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this