Newsmaker: Ronald C. Arnett
Age : 58
Residence : McCandless
Family : Wife, Millie, a librarian at Beaver Falls High School; daughter, Aimee; son, Adam
Occupation : Chair and professor of Duquesne University's Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies
Education : Bachelor's degree in psychology from Manchester College, Indiana, 1974; master's degree in 1975 and doctorate in 1978 in interpersonal communication from Ohio University; and a master's of divinity in peace studies, Bethany Theological Seminary, Indiana, 1983.
Professional experience : Before coming to Duquesne in 1993, Arnett taught and served as an administrator at St. Cloud State University in Minneapolis; Marquette University in Milwaukee; and Manchester College in Indiana.
Notable : Arnett has been appointed the inaugural Henry Koren, C.S.Sp., Chair in Scholarly Excellence at Duquesne. The Rev. Koren was a Catholic Spiritan priest who headed Duquesne's philosophy department during the 1950s.
Quote : "I'm honored to be at Duquesne University, to work here and be connected to the Holy Ghost fathers. Their presence permeates this campus in a revelatory fashion. To have an endowed chair named after Father Koren is wonderful, and I feel very fortunate."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect in custody
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Small Business Saturday a boon to Alle-Kiski Valley merchants
- America could use more concealed carry gun permit holders
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- As historic breakup nears, Alcoa works to redefine its ‘advantage’
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria