Newsmaker: Garry P. Condon
Residence : Hampton
Family : Wife, Linda; son Liam, 17; and daughter Maura, 15
Age : 52
Occupation : Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology at Allegheny General Hospital, North Side, where he directs the Division of Glaucoma Services. He also is a clinical associate professor of ophthalmology at Drexel University College of Medicine.
Background : He earned his medical degree from Memorial University of Newfoundland. His clinical interests include glaucoma, cataract and intraocular lens surgery.
Noteworthy : Condon received the American Academy of Ophthalmology's Senior Achievement Award. He is among 35 doctors nationwide to win the honor, which recognizes contributions such as serving as an instructor, writing research papers, being a committee member or developing educational materials.
Quote : "It's kind of like a crowning achievement in my career. It's a direct reflection of me being involved with so many other people who have had me along on certain committees and panels that relate to teaching and research. It was a very pleasant surprise."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Malkin, Hornqvist return to Penguins lineup vs. Coyotes
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Toole decides to remain at Robert Morris after interviewing with Fordham
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Clymer woman dies in 2-vehicle crash in Homer City
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Key Pennsylvania judicial races dot landscape
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- MLB commissioner: Pirates’ success starts in the front office
- Man in New Kensington standoff charged