Newsmaker: Garry P. Condon
Residence : Hampton
Family : Wife, Linda; son Liam, 17; and daughter Maura, 15
Age : 52
Occupation : Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology at Allegheny General Hospital, North Side, where he directs the Division of Glaucoma Services. He also is a clinical associate professor of ophthalmology at Drexel University College of Medicine.
Background : He earned his medical degree from Memorial University of Newfoundland. His clinical interests include glaucoma, cataract and intraocular lens surgery.
Noteworthy : Condon received the American Academy of Ophthalmology's Senior Achievement Award. He is among 35 doctors nationwide to win the honor, which recognizes contributions such as serving as an instructor, writing research papers, being a committee member or developing educational materials.
Quote : "It's kind of like a crowning achievement in my career. It's a direct reflection of me being involved with so many other people who have had me along on certain committees and panels that relate to teaching and research. It was a very pleasant surprise."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- New Foxes girls coach O’Shea inherits talented team
- Alle-Kiski Valley slips into the holiday spirit with Light Up Night festivities
- Church to host hunter breakfast
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Mon Valley communities put spotlight on Christmas season
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back