Newsmaker: Mary Margaret Kerr
Mary Margaret Kerr
Family: Husband, Bruce Perrone; son, Rob; daughter, Cristina
Occupation: Professor, School of Education, University of Pittsburgh
Education: Doctorate in education, The American University, 1977; master's degree in special education, Duke University, 1973; bachelor's degree in developmental psychology, Duke, 1972
Professional experience: Kerr has been a faculty member at Pitt since 1980, where she holds appointments in the departments of Administrative and Policy Studies, Psychology in Education and Child Psychiatry. Kerr is licensed as a K-12 school superintendent. Before arriving at Pitt, Kerr was a faculty member at Vanderbilt University in Tennessee.
Notable: Kerr has been chosen as the Borough of Whitehall's Citizen of the Year.
Quote: "It's a tremendous honor, in part because this is a community that not only has welcomed me as a Southern stranger (she is a native of South Carolina), but also has been very kind to me and the family we've raised here."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- UPMC researcher died of acute cyanide poisoning, medical examiner says
- No decision yet on charges against elderly driver who struck and killed pregnant woman
- Ex-House Democratic leader DeWeese seeks new trial
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Witnesses help identify 2nd teen charged in killing Andre Roberts
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Photo of suspect in Greendale Tavern burglary/fire released
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- Earlier openings make Black Friday shopping easier for bargain-hunters
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field
- ‘Memory Tree’ tradition to return to Mt. Pleasant hospital