Newsmaker: Mary Margaret Kerr
Mary Margaret Kerr
Family: Husband, Bruce Perrone; son, Rob; daughter, Cristina
Occupation: Professor, School of Education, University of Pittsburgh
Education: Doctorate in education, The American University, 1977; master's degree in special education, Duke University, 1973; bachelor's degree in developmental psychology, Duke, 1972
Professional experience: Kerr has been a faculty member at Pitt since 1980, where she holds appointments in the departments of Administrative and Policy Studies, Psychology in Education and Child Psychiatry. Kerr is licensed as a K-12 school superintendent. Before arriving at Pitt, Kerr was a faculty member at Vanderbilt University in Tennessee.
Notable: Kerr has been chosen as the Borough of Whitehall's Citizen of the Year.
Quote: "It's a tremendous honor, in part because this is a community that not only has welcomed me as a Southern stranger (she is a native of South Carolina), but also has been very kind to me and the family we've raised here."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Robert Morris drops to 0-5 after overtime loss to New Mexico St.
- Southmoreland wrestling team takes old-school approach
- Pittsburgh man charged with 56 counts after high-speed chase over weekend
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- McIntyre students hope Buddy Bench is beneficial to all
- Sounds of Christmas coming to Fay-West region
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review athletes of the week: Sewickley Academy’s Jackson O’Neill, USC’s Emma Hasco
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Congressman visits Kistaco Farm in Kiski Township
- Burrell school officials update education goals
- HObo Model Railroad Club display back in Connellsville