Newsmaker: Mary Margaret Kerr
Mary Margaret Kerr
Family: Husband, Bruce Perrone; son, Rob; daughter, Cristina
Occupation: Professor, School of Education, University of Pittsburgh
Education: Doctorate in education, The American University, 1977; master's degree in special education, Duke University, 1973; bachelor's degree in developmental psychology, Duke, 1972
Professional experience: Kerr has been a faculty member at Pitt since 1980, where she holds appointments in the departments of Administrative and Policy Studies, Psychology in Education and Child Psychiatry. Kerr is licensed as a K-12 school superintendent. Before arriving at Pitt, Kerr was a faculty member at Vanderbilt University in Tennessee.
Notable: Kerr has been chosen as the Borough of Whitehall's Citizen of the Year.
Quote: "It's a tremendous honor, in part because this is a community that not only has welcomed me as a Southern stranger (she is a native of South Carolina), but also has been very kind to me and the family we've raised here."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Rossi: Pirates foolish to bet on Burnett return
- Steelers notebook: No decision on surgery for rookie CB Golson
- Spirit ending nonstop flights from Arnold Palmer Regional to Chicago, Las Vegas
- Rain postpones Pirates-Cubs game
- Steelers’ Mitchell taking cautious approach about dealing with injuries
- Authorities identify 2 men killed in fiery crash in Pittsburgh
- Power still out for hundreds of customers in Western Pa. after storms
- Police: Florida man arrested for hitting, dragging Dunbar Township man with truck
- Thirsty pit bull turned on Arnold neighbors
- Inside the Steelers: Wide array of receiving options shine