Mt. Lebanon man accused using of rape-date drug
Bridgeville police have charged a Mt. Lebanon man accused of spiking a woman's drink with a date-rape drug at a bar.
Dean J. Barbaro, 50, was charged Monday. He allegedly dropped a pill of Clonazepam in a glass of Chardonnay while his date was in the restroom at Castaways bar in Bridgeville.
Barbaro could not be reached for comment.
Clonazepam can cause drowsiness, dizziness and difficulty in remembering — similar to Rohypnol.
According to a police affidavit, Barbaro and the woman ate dinner Oct. 15 at Outback Steakhouse, then went to Castaways bar. When she returned from the restroom, the bartender was pouring her drink out and pulled a pill out of the glass.
The woman said Barbaro asked her: "How did that get in your drink?" The bartender said: "You put it in her drink, and I watched you do it," according to the affidavit.
Barbaro then left, police said.
He faces seven charges, including reckless endangerment, drug possession, drug delivery and possession with intent to deliver.
Barbaro was arraigned and released on $10,000 bail. He faces a Nov. 1 hearing before District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pens get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Ford City police coverage sparks concern from EMS director
- Cowansville veterans center closing in on roof project funding goal
- Workers eager to get started on Kittanning trail project
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- Elizabeth keeps millage rate flat, but council considers 2016 fire tax
- Pirates trade Snider to Orioles for minor league pitcher
- Letang produces 5 assists in return as Penguins defeat Jets, 5-3
- Winfield man is one of a few to attend all 49 Super Bowl games
- Receiver cites progress in touting improved Duquesne City School District
- Supporters optimistic about passage of medical marijuana in Pennsylvania