Mt. Lebanon man accused using of rape-date drug
Bridgeville police have charged a Mt. Lebanon man accused of spiking a woman's drink with a date-rape drug at a bar.
Dean J. Barbaro, 50, was charged Monday. He allegedly dropped a pill of Clonazepam in a glass of Chardonnay while his date was in the restroom at Castaways bar in Bridgeville.
Barbaro could not be reached for comment.
Clonazepam can cause drowsiness, dizziness and difficulty in remembering — similar to Rohypnol.
According to a police affidavit, Barbaro and the woman ate dinner Oct. 15 at Outback Steakhouse, then went to Castaways bar. When she returned from the restroom, the bartender was pouring her drink out and pulled a pill out of the glass.
The woman said Barbaro asked her: "How did that get in your drink?" The bartender said: "You put it in her drink, and I watched you do it," according to the affidavit.
Barbaro then left, police said.
He faces seven charges, including reckless endangerment, drug possession, drug delivery and possession with intent to deliver.
Barbaro was arraigned and released on $10,000 bail. He faces a Nov. 1 hearing before District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return
- Amazon investors’ patience wears thin
- Zappala impersonation suspect arrested; stores offered reimbursement
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Motoring Q&A: ‘Check engine’ light doesn’t reset itself
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Fire at Dollar General in Rostraver under control, dispatchers say
- Toyota Yaris adds French flair for ’15
- New York, New Jersey order 21-day quarantine of all in contact with Ebola virus
- I-79 off-ramp in Cranberry to close Saturday night