Mt. Lebanon man accused using of rape-date drug
Bridgeville police have charged a Mt. Lebanon man accused of spiking a woman's drink with a date-rape drug at a bar.
Dean J. Barbaro, 50, was charged Monday. He allegedly dropped a pill of Clonazepam in a glass of Chardonnay while his date was in the restroom at Castaways bar in Bridgeville.
Barbaro could not be reached for comment.
Clonazepam can cause drowsiness, dizziness and difficulty in remembering — similar to Rohypnol.
According to a police affidavit, Barbaro and the woman ate dinner Oct. 15 at Outback Steakhouse, then went to Castaways bar. When she returned from the restroom, the bartender was pouring her drink out and pulled a pill out of the glass.
The woman said Barbaro asked her: "How did that get in your drink?" The bartender said: "You put it in her drink, and I watched you do it," according to the affidavit.
Barbaro then left, police said.
He faces seven charges, including reckless endangerment, drug possession, drug delivery and possession with intent to deliver.
Barbaro was arraigned and released on $10,000 bail. He faces a Nov. 1 hearing before District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies after jump from Route 130 overpass in Hempfield; all traffic stopped
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut by Pirates
- Former Pa. Gov. Corbett: From pension critic to collector
- 350-pound black bear briefly stuck between Uniontown buildings is relocated
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- Rolling Stones roll into Heinz Field June 20
- Vietnam vets event at Tarentum VFW brings ‘brothers’ back together
- Commonwealth Court ruling upholds Braddock Mayor’s vote
- Jury to begin deliberations in 2003 North Side homicide
- Reversing the field: Pirates continue to raid Yankees for hidden skill