Newsmaker: Diana Paladino
Residence: Jefferson Hills
Family: Husband, Ted; daughters, Lauren, 24, and Hilary, 22; son, David, 18.
Occupation: Paladino is an associate professor in Carlow University's School of Nursing. Her speciality is medical-surgical nursing.
Background: Paladino earned her registered nursing diploma from UPMC Shadyside in 1978. She worked as a nurse for 10 years at Jefferson Regional Medical Center, serving as nurse manager for seven. She earned a bachelor's of science degree in nursing at La Roche College in 1987 and a master's of science degree in nursing, specializing in nursing education, from Duquesne University in 1994. She joined Carlow in 1996.
Noteworthy: Paladino recently received a 2010 Cameos of Caring Award in the nurse educator category, sponsored by the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing. She was nominated by her peers for the award, which goes to a nursing instructor who has demonstrated a strong desire to improve patient care and student education.
Quote: "I always thought even when I was young that I would like to teach. (At Jefferson Regional) I was around a lot of students as the nurse manager and I would get to see what faculty was doing with them in the clinical setting. It seemed like a nice job to have."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers wrap lackluster preseason with loss to Panthers
- UPMC to mandate flu shots for some employees
- 10 awesome things you didn’t know your phone could do
- Squabbling over money continues in ‘kids for cash’ civil suit
- $1.5 million Allentown church fire started by roofers, officials say
- Retired state trooper settles lawsuit over racial harassment complaint
- Penguins confident Pouliot will be healthy, ready for camp
- Young adults drive home rental trend in Western Pennsylvania
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell faces former team, hurts leg
- Firefighters on scene at West Mifflin house fire
- New Ken-Arnold board asked to mediate between football groups