Newsmaker: Robert S. Barker
Robert S. Barker
Age : 69
Residence : Bethel Park
Family : Wife, Mary Lou; two adult daughters
Education : Bachelor's degree in history and political science, Duquesne University, 1963; law degree from Duquesne, 1966.
Background : Law professor at Duquesne, 1982 to present; lawyer in Allegheny County's legal department, 1976-82; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1975-76; lawyer at the firm of Rose Schmidt and Dixon, 1972-75; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1971-72; lawyer for the Allegheny County Neighborhood Legal Services Association, 1969-70; Peace Corps volunteer in Panama, 1966-69.
Noteworthy : Recently appointed to the international editorial board of the law journal Ars Boni et Aequi, published by the Universidad Bernardo O'Higgins in Santiago, Chile.
Quote : "I'm certainly pleased. It's an honor. It's an opportunity to continue to work with Latin American lawyers. It is an enriching and pleasant experience."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- 2 sentenced for avoiding arrest after Steelers player was stabbed
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- 6 cited for trespassing on UPMC property at union rally
- Coal, union rallies dot Pittsburgh landscape this week
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin
- 5 Seconds of Summer announce 2015 tour
- Rivers Casino sued by family of patron who died in car crash
- Detour on Bower Hill Road to end Friday
- Pirates think Mercer’s defense deserves more credit