Newsmaker: Robert S. Barker
Robert S. Barker
Age : 69
Residence : Bethel Park
Family : Wife, Mary Lou; two adult daughters
Education : Bachelor's degree in history and political science, Duquesne University, 1963; law degree from Duquesne, 1966.
Background : Law professor at Duquesne, 1982 to present; lawyer in Allegheny County's legal department, 1976-82; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1975-76; lawyer at the firm of Rose Schmidt and Dixon, 1972-75; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1971-72; lawyer for the Allegheny County Neighborhood Legal Services Association, 1969-70; Peace Corps volunteer in Panama, 1966-69.
Noteworthy : Recently appointed to the international editorial board of the law journal Ars Boni et Aequi, published by the Universidad Bernardo O'Higgins in Santiago, Chile.
Quote : "I'm certainly pleased. It's an honor. It's an opportunity to continue to work with Latin American lawyers. It is an enriching and pleasant experience."
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Economy police release sketch of woman whose embalmed head was found in wooded area
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Gasoline prices keep falling in Western Pa.
- Steelers’ Beachum, Williams hurting but could play vs. Bengals
- WPIAL players named to Class AAA, A all-state teams
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- North Korea experiencing severe Internet outages
- North Side drug den can be demolished, judge says
- Marcellus driller Vantage Energy to pay nearly $1M for Greene County well problems
- Penguins’ Sutter, Downie, Greiss being tested for mumps, out tonight