Newsmaker: Robert S. Barker
Robert S. Barker
Age : 69
Residence : Bethel Park
Family : Wife, Mary Lou; two adult daughters
Education : Bachelor's degree in history and political science, Duquesne University, 1963; law degree from Duquesne, 1966.
Background : Law professor at Duquesne, 1982 to present; lawyer in Allegheny County's legal department, 1976-82; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1975-76; lawyer at the firm of Rose Schmidt and Dixon, 1972-75; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1971-72; lawyer for the Allegheny County Neighborhood Legal Services Association, 1969-70; Peace Corps volunteer in Panama, 1966-69.
Noteworthy : Recently appointed to the international editorial board of the law journal Ars Boni et Aequi, published by the Universidad Bernardo O'Higgins in Santiago, Chile.
Quote : "I'm certainly pleased. It's an honor. It's an opportunity to continue to work with Latin American lawyers. It is an enriching and pleasant experience."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- NuMine man survives crash into icy river
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- LaBar: Like it or not, Reigns is rising with Royal Rumble win
- Legislators receive committee assignments
- Energy companies vie for experienced workers with skills in high demand
- Study of vets supports PB pills, genetic variations linked to Gulf War illness
- One of two killed in Marine chopper crash was from Indiana, Pa.
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Bloomfield bookstore owner bucks naysayers
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K