Newsmaker: Robert S. Barker
Robert S. Barker
Age : 69
Residence : Bethel Park
Family : Wife, Mary Lou; two adult daughters
Education : Bachelor's degree in history and political science, Duquesne University, 1963; law degree from Duquesne, 1966.
Background : Law professor at Duquesne, 1982 to present; lawyer in Allegheny County's legal department, 1976-82; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1975-76; lawyer at the firm of Rose Schmidt and Dixon, 1972-75; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1971-72; lawyer for the Allegheny County Neighborhood Legal Services Association, 1969-70; Peace Corps volunteer in Panama, 1966-69.
Noteworthy : Recently appointed to the international editorial board of the law journal Ars Boni et Aequi, published by the Universidad Bernardo O'Higgins in Santiago, Chile.
Quote : "I'm certainly pleased. It's an honor. It's an opportunity to continue to work with Latin American lawyers. It is an enriching and pleasant experience."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Pirates’ Martin calls crowd chant ‘petty special’
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell aware of need to reduce penalties
- Woman dies in fall at McConnells Mill State Park
- Search for pilot of ultralight aircraft to resume Thursday
- Penguins’ Sutter is determined to keep scoring pressure on