Newsmaker: Robert S. Barker
Robert S. Barker
Age : 69
Residence : Bethel Park
Family : Wife, Mary Lou; two adult daughters
Education : Bachelor's degree in history and political science, Duquesne University, 1963; law degree from Duquesne, 1966.
Background : Law professor at Duquesne, 1982 to present; lawyer in Allegheny County's legal department, 1976-82; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1975-76; lawyer at the firm of Rose Schmidt and Dixon, 1972-75; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1971-72; lawyer for the Allegheny County Neighborhood Legal Services Association, 1969-70; Peace Corps volunteer in Panama, 1966-69.
Noteworthy : Recently appointed to the international editorial board of the law journal Ars Boni et Aequi, published by the Universidad Bernardo O'Higgins in Santiago, Chile.
Quote : "I'm certainly pleased. It's an honor. It's an opportunity to continue to work with Latin American lawyers. It is an enriching and pleasant experience."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- North Catholic High School principal steps down
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Kids evacuated at Mars Area High after electrical fire, no injuries reported
- Hundreds mourn Pittsburgh trash collector killed by gunfire
- Chevron puts $20M into educating, training Appalachian workers
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Natrona Bottling Co. keeps soda pop operation focused on craft, taste
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live