Newsmaker: Robert S. Barker
Robert S. Barker
Age : 69
Residence : Bethel Park
Family : Wife, Mary Lou; two adult daughters
Education : Bachelor's degree in history and political science, Duquesne University, 1963; law degree from Duquesne, 1966.
Background : Law professor at Duquesne, 1982 to present; lawyer in Allegheny County's legal department, 1976-82; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1975-76; lawyer at the firm of Rose Schmidt and Dixon, 1972-75; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1971-72; lawyer for the Allegheny County Neighborhood Legal Services Association, 1969-70; Peace Corps volunteer in Panama, 1966-69.
Noteworthy : Recently appointed to the international editorial board of the law journal Ars Boni et Aequi, published by the Universidad Bernardo O'Higgins in Santiago, Chile.
Quote : "I'm certainly pleased. It's an honor. It's an opportunity to continue to work with Latin American lawyers. It is an enriching and pleasant experience."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man in critical condition after Manchester shooting
- Mon City man killed in WWII honored in Holland
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Allegheny Valley board candidates hold Colfax Elementary fate
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- NASA head tells Pitt grads their generation will ‘walk the face of Mars’
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Traveling amateur organists entertain fellow seniors with oldies music
- Drainage problems believed root of Ridge Road collapse in Harmar
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh