Newsmaker: Robert S. Barker
Robert S. Barker
Age : 69
Residence : Bethel Park
Family : Wife, Mary Lou; two adult daughters
Education : Bachelor's degree in history and political science, Duquesne University, 1963; law degree from Duquesne, 1966.
Background : Law professor at Duquesne, 1982 to present; lawyer in Allegheny County's legal department, 1976-82; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1975-76; lawyer at the firm of Rose Schmidt and Dixon, 1972-75; assistant law dean and professor, Duquesne, 1971-72; lawyer for the Allegheny County Neighborhood Legal Services Association, 1969-70; Peace Corps volunteer in Panama, 1966-69.
Noteworthy : Recently appointed to the international editorial board of the law journal Ars Boni et Aequi, published by the Universidad Bernardo O'Higgins in Santiago, Chile.
Quote : "I'm certainly pleased. It's an honor. It's an opportunity to continue to work with Latin American lawyers. It is an enriching and pleasant experience."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Westmoreland land bank purchases former Monsour Hospital property
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Ferrante cyanide trial resumes with ER doctor testifying
- Arrest made in connection with Rostraver home invasion
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Primanti Bros. to mail sandwiches nationwide
- Nationwide drug ring was centered in Homewood, prosecutor says
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Federal grand jury reviewing Liquor Control Board violations, sources tell Trib