Newsmaker: Rosanna Henry
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Husband, Paul; daughter, Elisabeth, 20
Education: Bachelor of science in nursing, Carlow University; master's in nursing, Pennsylvania State University
Occupation: Director of Duquesne University's Fritzky Nursing Laboratory and an instructor in the School of Nursing, Henry volunteers for Operation Churchbeat, teaching lifesaving skills to worshippers in the Hill District. She is perhaps best known at Duquesne for guiding faculty and students in their use of high-tech medical mannequins.
Noteworthy: In honor of a distinguished career teaching students, mentoring nurses and aiding the sick, Henry was awarded a Cameos of Caring Nurse Educator Award by the University of Pittsburgh's School of Nursing.
Quote: "It's an honor. I was very proud to be selected and especially honored to be recognized alongside the peers who have gone before me."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- High court to weigh pregnancy work rights
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Dorfman: Fat profit margins not always sign of star
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds