Newsmaker: Rosanna Henry
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Husband, Paul; daughter, Elisabeth, 20
Education: Bachelor of science in nursing, Carlow University; master's in nursing, Pennsylvania State University
Occupation: Director of Duquesne University's Fritzky Nursing Laboratory and an instructor in the School of Nursing, Henry volunteers for Operation Churchbeat, teaching lifesaving skills to worshippers in the Hill District. She is perhaps best known at Duquesne for guiding faculty and students in their use of high-tech medical mannequins.
Noteworthy: In honor of a distinguished career teaching students, mentoring nurses and aiding the sick, Henry was awarded a Cameos of Caring Nurse Educator Award by the University of Pittsburgh's School of Nursing.
Quote: "It's an honor. I was very proud to be selected and especially honored to be recognized alongside the peers who have gone before me."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Pa. auditor cites flaws in gas drilling regulation
- ‘X-Men’ VR experience coming to Comic-Con
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases
- Elizabeth police under new leadership
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- Victim of Monessen standoff committed suicide
- How to set and stick to fitness goals
- Mountaineer workers fear smoking ban will harm ‘livelihood’