Newsmaker: Rosanna Henry
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Husband, Paul; daughter, Elisabeth, 20
Education: Bachelor of science in nursing, Carlow University; master's in nursing, Pennsylvania State University
Occupation: Director of Duquesne University's Fritzky Nursing Laboratory and an instructor in the School of Nursing, Henry volunteers for Operation Churchbeat, teaching lifesaving skills to worshippers in the Hill District. She is perhaps best known at Duquesne for guiding faculty and students in their use of high-tech medical mannequins.
Noteworthy: In honor of a distinguished career teaching students, mentoring nurses and aiding the sick, Henry was awarded a Cameos of Caring Nurse Educator Award by the University of Pittsburgh's School of Nursing.
Quote: "It's an honor. I was very proud to be selected and especially honored to be recognized alongside the peers who have gone before me."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Turnpike accident kills 1
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- North Catholic High School principal steps down
- Military commissary opening draws 400 visitors
- Parents of duct-taped Highlands student don’t want charges
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- 5 selected thus far for jury in Ferrante trial
- Hundreds mourn Pittsburgh trash collector killed by gunfire
- Homeland Security orders new screening for Ebola