Newsmaker: Rosanna Henry
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Husband, Paul; daughter, Elisabeth, 20
Education: Bachelor of science in nursing, Carlow University; master's in nursing, Pennsylvania State University
Occupation: Director of Duquesne University's Fritzky Nursing Laboratory and an instructor in the School of Nursing, Henry volunteers for Operation Churchbeat, teaching lifesaving skills to worshippers in the Hill District. She is perhaps best known at Duquesne for guiding faculty and students in their use of high-tech medical mannequins.
Noteworthy: In honor of a distinguished career teaching students, mentoring nurses and aiding the sick, Henry was awarded a Cameos of Caring Nurse Educator Award by the University of Pittsburgh's School of Nursing.
Quote: "It's an honor. I was very proud to be selected and especially honored to be recognized alongside the peers who have gone before me."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- Undefeated West Mifflin set to open American Legion state tournament
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Rain postpones Monday’s Fayette County Baseball League playoff games
- Freeport grad picks PSAC’s Mercyhurst
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- Marine recalls sights, sounds of Saigon: April 30, 1975 — the day the U.S. Embassy closed
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances