Newsmaker: Rosanna Henry
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Husband, Paul; daughter, Elisabeth, 20
Education: Bachelor of science in nursing, Carlow University; master's in nursing, Pennsylvania State University
Occupation: Director of Duquesne University's Fritzky Nursing Laboratory and an instructor in the School of Nursing, Henry volunteers for Operation Churchbeat, teaching lifesaving skills to worshippers in the Hill District. She is perhaps best known at Duquesne for guiding faculty and students in their use of high-tech medical mannequins.
Noteworthy: In honor of a distinguished career teaching students, mentoring nurses and aiding the sick, Henry was awarded a Cameos of Caring Nurse Educator Award by the University of Pittsburgh's School of Nursing.
Quote: "It's an honor. I was very proud to be selected and especially honored to be recognized alongside the peers who have gone before me."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- Reds solve Cole, stave off Pirates’ 9th-inning rally
- McCullers’, McLendon’s prowess in clogging trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Penguins not alone in top-heavy approach to salary cap
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Roman Catholic Church in midst of culture clash over gays
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Starting 9: Examining Pirates’ deadline decisions
- Pirates notebook: New acquisition Happ more than happy to fill spot in rotation
- Missing deaf, autistic teen last seen on North Side