Newsmaker: Rosanna Henry
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Husband, Paul; daughter, Elisabeth, 20
Education: Bachelor of science in nursing, Carlow University; master's in nursing, Pennsylvania State University
Occupation: Director of Duquesne University's Fritzky Nursing Laboratory and an instructor in the School of Nursing, Henry volunteers for Operation Churchbeat, teaching lifesaving skills to worshippers in the Hill District. She is perhaps best known at Duquesne for guiding faculty and students in their use of high-tech medical mannequins.
Noteworthy: In honor of a distinguished career teaching students, mentoring nurses and aiding the sick, Henry was awarded a Cameos of Caring Nurse Educator Award by the University of Pittsburgh's School of Nursing.
Quote: "It's an honor. I was very proud to be selected and especially honored to be recognized alongside the peers who have gone before me."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Brashear cornerback Coleman picks Pitt
- Morton inconsistent, Bucs’ bats quiet in 5-0 loss to Rockies
- Person shot in the stomach in Knoxville
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Pope Francis’ lack of familiarity with United States unusual
- Obama inches closer to veto-proof support for Iran nuclear deal
- Pirates notebook: Burnett encouraged by extended simulated game
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Supreme Court can resolve Kentucky county clerk’s refusal to issue marriage licenses to gays
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- Egypt, sans parliament for more than 3 years, sets elections