Newsmaker: Rosanna Henry
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Husband, Paul; daughter, Elisabeth, 20
Education: Bachelor of science in nursing, Carlow University; master's in nursing, Pennsylvania State University
Occupation: Director of Duquesne University's Fritzky Nursing Laboratory and an instructor in the School of Nursing, Henry volunteers for Operation Churchbeat, teaching lifesaving skills to worshippers in the Hill District. She is perhaps best known at Duquesne for guiding faculty and students in their use of high-tech medical mannequins.
Noteworthy: In honor of a distinguished career teaching students, mentoring nurses and aiding the sick, Henry was awarded a Cameos of Caring Nurse Educator Award by the University of Pittsburgh's School of Nursing.
Quote: "It's an honor. I was very proud to be selected and especially honored to be recognized alongside the peers who have gone before me."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn State succumbs to No. 13 Ohio State in two overtimes
- Pitt notebook: Conner quietly surpasses 1,000 yards rushing
- Pittsburgh Mills mall stability questioned
- Butler County Historical Society acquires 1928 Austin C Cab Van
- Springdale to get kayak launch, other riverfront improvements
- Starkey: Chryst missed his only shot
- Mini goes mainstream
- Pirates must weigh risk, reward in attempt to sign Martin
- McCandless library offers chance to ‘Meet Our Local Authors’
- Penguins rebound with shutout of Predators
- For Luck family, a father-son success story