Newsmaker: Archish Maharaja
Family: Wife, Gita; daughters, Nisha and Kerina
Education: Bachelor of Commerce in accounting, Gujarat University, India, 1978; Master's of International Business Management, Point Park University, 1988; Doctor of Education in Instructional Leadership Excellence, Duquesne University, 2009
Occupation: Director of the Master's in Business Administration program at Point Park University
Noteworthy: Maharaja co-authored and presented two papers at the Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology conference recently in State College. He has focused his research on electronic health records and independent physicians.
Quote: "Mostly what motivates me to do health care research is that, for the amount of money we are spending as U.S. citizens, we should have better health care. ... If we claim to be the richest country in the world, we should be able to provide for our fellow citizens."
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Nor’easter causing flight delays at Pittsburgh International
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Lawyers agree to dismiss Penn Hills High School student lawsuit
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Review: ‘Newsies’ a great addition to musical standards
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation