Newsmaker: Archish Maharaja
Family: Wife, Gita; daughters, Nisha and Kerina
Education: Bachelor of Commerce in accounting, Gujarat University, India, 1978; Master's of International Business Management, Point Park University, 1988; Doctor of Education in Instructional Leadership Excellence, Duquesne University, 2009
Occupation: Director of the Master's in Business Administration program at Point Park University
Noteworthy: Maharaja co-authored and presented two papers at the Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology conference recently in State College. He has focused his research on electronic health records and independent physicians.
Quote: "Mostly what motivates me to do health care research is that, for the amount of money we are spending as U.S. citizens, we should have better health care. ... If we claim to be the richest country in the world, we should be able to provide for our fellow citizens."
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers clinch playoff berth with win over Chiefs
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Groom cited at Farmington wedding reception being filmed for reality TV show
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Outdoor notices: Dec. 22, 2014
- Car wash explosion, fire injures 2 in McDonald
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- Police investigate alleged institutional sexual assault at Pine youth treatment center
- Energy sector adjusts to global oil plummet