Newsmaker: Archish Maharaja
Family: Wife, Gita; daughters, Nisha and Kerina
Education: Bachelor of Commerce in accounting, Gujarat University, India, 1978; Master's of International Business Management, Point Park University, 1988; Doctor of Education in Instructional Leadership Excellence, Duquesne University, 2009
Occupation: Director of the Master's in Business Administration program at Point Park University
Noteworthy: Maharaja co-authored and presented two papers at the Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology conference recently in State College. He has focused his research on electronic health records and independent physicians.
Quote: "Mostly what motivates me to do health care research is that, for the amount of money we are spending as U.S. citizens, we should have better health care. ... If we claim to be the richest country in the world, we should be able to provide for our fellow citizens."
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- FBI investigates celebrities’ nude photo claims
- Afghan power-sharing deal breaks down