Newsmaker: Archish Maharaja
Family: Wife, Gita; daughters, Nisha and Kerina
Education: Bachelor of Commerce in accounting, Gujarat University, India, 1978; Master's of International Business Management, Point Park University, 1988; Doctor of Education in Instructional Leadership Excellence, Duquesne University, 2009
Occupation: Director of the Master's in Business Administration program at Point Park University
Noteworthy: Maharaja co-authored and presented two papers at the Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology conference recently in State College. He has focused his research on electronic health records and independent physicians.
Quote: "Mostly what motivates me to do health care research is that, for the amount of money we are spending as U.S. citizens, we should have better health care. ... If we claim to be the richest country in the world, we should be able to provide for our fellow citizens."
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Letters show Ford City had chance at cutting debt by more than $450K
- Trib Cup: North Allegheny, Blackhawk, Seton-La Salle, Vincentian lead winter standings
- Kiski Area Intermediate School band chosen to play at state conference
- Heinz merging with Kraft in mega-deal; headquarters to stay in Pittsburgh
- New Kensington-Arnold School Board superintendent hangs on as board vote falls short
- Former Kittanning hockey players raise bar at UPJ
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Geibel softball excited for return after 4-year hiatus
- Donora demolishing former Fifth Street School
- Harrison rape suspect awaiting trial accused of sexual contact with 6-year-old
- Toyota to carry new attitude into production