Newsmaker: Archish Maharaja
Family: Wife, Gita; daughters, Nisha and Kerina
Education: Bachelor of Commerce in accounting, Gujarat University, India, 1978; Master's of International Business Management, Point Park University, 1988; Doctor of Education in Instructional Leadership Excellence, Duquesne University, 2009
Occupation: Director of the Master's in Business Administration program at Point Park University
Noteworthy: Maharaja co-authored and presented two papers at the Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology conference recently in State College. He has focused his research on electronic health records and independent physicians.
Quote: "Mostly what motivates me to do health care research is that, for the amount of money we are spending as U.S. citizens, we should have better health care. ... If we claim to be the richest country in the world, we should be able to provide for our fellow citizens."
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP Happ
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played
- Marte’s 2 fine defensive plays rescue Pirates in victory over Reds
- Inside The Steelers: LB Williams dominates backs-on-backers drill at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
- Rossi: Nothing huge, but Huntington helped Bucs
- 2014 showing has Steelers RB Harris confident he belongs
- Pittsburgh Police motorcycle officer seriously injured in crash
- Red Onion reunion possibly the last for Hempfield coal mining village
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures
- Proposed 8-story apartment complex called too tall in North Side’s Garden Theater area
- 2 killed in single-vehicle crash in Pittsburgh