Newsmaker: Archish Maharaja
Family: Wife, Gita; daughters, Nisha and Kerina
Education: Bachelor of Commerce in accounting, Gujarat University, India, 1978; Master's of International Business Management, Point Park University, 1988; Doctor of Education in Instructional Leadership Excellence, Duquesne University, 2009
Occupation: Director of the Master's in Business Administration program at Point Park University
Noteworthy: Maharaja co-authored and presented two papers at the Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology conference recently in State College. He has focused his research on electronic health records and independent physicians.
Quote: "Mostly what motivates me to do health care research is that, for the amount of money we are spending as U.S. citizens, we should have better health care. ... If we claim to be the richest country in the world, we should be able to provide for our fellow citizens."
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Focused on defense, Pirates start Rodriguez at first base for wild-card game
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Pittsburgh considering legislation to ban drone activity from city parks, playgrounds
- Authorities identify man whose body was pulled from Monongahela River
- WVU All-American Joeseph out for season with knee injury
- House defeats governor’s tax plan
- Sky’s not the limit: Pirate Parrot takes trip into Earth’s atmosphere
- 24-year-old man shot in the back in Mt. Oliver
- Cubs’ Arrieta, Pirates’ Cole leave batters with little margin for error
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- Former employee at Plum home-building firm charged with embezzling nearly $200K