Newsmaker: Archish Maharaja
Family: Wife, Gita; daughters, Nisha and Kerina
Education: Bachelor of Commerce in accounting, Gujarat University, India, 1978; Master's of International Business Management, Point Park University, 1988; Doctor of Education in Instructional Leadership Excellence, Duquesne University, 2009
Occupation: Director of the Master's in Business Administration program at Point Park University
Noteworthy: Maharaja co-authored and presented two papers at the Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology conference recently in State College. He has focused his research on electronic health records and independent physicians.
Quote: "Mostly what motivates me to do health care research is that, for the amount of money we are spending as U.S. citizens, we should have better health care. ... If we claim to be the richest country in the world, we should be able to provide for our fellow citizens."
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- New Kensington man killed in North Buffalo crash
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Community comes together to mourn death of St. Clair police officer
- Penn State coach Franklin fires offensive coordinator Donovan