Newsmaker: Archish Maharaja
Family: Wife, Gita; daughters, Nisha and Kerina
Education: Bachelor of Commerce in accounting, Gujarat University, India, 1978; Master's of International Business Management, Point Park University, 1988; Doctor of Education in Instructional Leadership Excellence, Duquesne University, 2009
Occupation: Director of the Master's in Business Administration program at Point Park University
Noteworthy: Maharaja co-authored and presented two papers at the Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology conference recently in State College. He has focused his research on electronic health records and independent physicians.
Quote: "Mostly what motivates me to do health care research is that, for the amount of money we are spending as U.S. citizens, we should have better health care. ... If we claim to be the richest country in the world, we should be able to provide for our fellow citizens."
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Man wanted in fatal state trooper ambush captured
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Building collapses in Connellsville; mounds of debris land in street
- Steelers must find better balance on defense
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Defense witness testifies on video, absent jurors, of cyanide alternatives
- Southmoreland cross country trio chasing solid finishes
- Statewide HSFB notebook: Pope John Paul II football player continues comeback
- U.S. Rep Kelly tells Pittsburgh VA official taking over VA Erie top post of need for transparency
- Trooper struck by SUV in East Huntingdon has ‘long road ahead of him’
- Pittsburgh asks judge to let abortion buffer zone remain during legal challenge