Newsmaker: Kathleen Glenister Roberts
Family: Husband, Cannon; and two sons, Cooper, 10, and Kieran, 2
Occupation: Associate professor in the Department of Communications and Rhetorical Studies at Duquesne University, and director of the university's core curriculum
Education: Bachelor's degree in English and American studies from the University of Richmond, a master's degree in English and history from the University of Notre Dame, and a doctorate in folkloristics from Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind.
Background: Roberts has worked at Duquesne since 2001. She has been a recipient of the Pennsylvania Communication Association Harvey Kelly Award for Excellence in Teaching, an Order of Omega Teaching Excellence Award and a Paluse Award.
Noteworthy: Roberts has been named director of the Duquesne University Honors College, effective Jan. 1.
Quote: "I'm very honored, and certainly excited about the challenges that go along with it. The best part for me is working with students again."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kessel addition, better health could have Pens scoring like it’s 1990s
- Burnett pitches well in farewell, but Pirates lose to Reds
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Pitt holds off Virginia Tech in ACC opener
- Shaler man charged in death of girl, 6, not prosecuted in repeated alcohol cases
- Would-be Troy Hill carjackers scared off by sirens
- More employers adopt generous leave policies
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- Penguins at a glance entering 2015-16 season
- EDMC to lay off 115 more faculty and staff at Art Institute campuses