Newsmaker: Kathleen Glenister Roberts
Family: Husband, Cannon; and two sons, Cooper, 10, and Kieran, 2
Occupation: Associate professor in the Department of Communications and Rhetorical Studies at Duquesne University, and director of the university's core curriculum
Education: Bachelor's degree in English and American studies from the University of Richmond, a master's degree in English and history from the University of Notre Dame, and a doctorate in folkloristics from Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind.
Background: Roberts has worked at Duquesne since 2001. She has been a recipient of the Pennsylvania Communication Association Harvey Kelly Award for Excellence in Teaching, an Order of Omega Teaching Excellence Award and a Paluse Award.
Noteworthy: Roberts has been named director of the Duquesne University Honors College, effective Jan. 1.
Quote: "I'm very honored, and certainly excited about the challenges that go along with it. The best part for me is working with students again."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Penguins’ Perron returning to form
- Committee says Senate should move forward on removing Attorney General Kane
- Police find marijuana grow rooms in Castle Shannon
- Obama: No credible intelligence about terror plot against US
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Buffalo man dies after truck hits him in the West End Circle
- Cheswick super fan, 90, has had season tickets for almost 70 years
- Stanley’s Bar & Grill in Ford City offers free Thanksgiving dinner
- For some, pathway to Thanksgiving often bumpy