Newsmaker: Kathleen Glenister Roberts
Family: Husband, Cannon; and two sons, Cooper, 10, and Kieran, 2
Occupation: Associate professor in the Department of Communications and Rhetorical Studies at Duquesne University, and director of the university's core curriculum
Education: Bachelor's degree in English and American studies from the University of Richmond, a master's degree in English and history from the University of Notre Dame, and a doctorate in folkloristics from Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind.
Background: Roberts has worked at Duquesne since 2001. She has been a recipient of the Pennsylvania Communication Association Harvey Kelly Award for Excellence in Teaching, an Order of Omega Teaching Excellence Award and a Paluse Award.
Noteworthy: Roberts has been named director of the Duquesne University Honors College, effective Jan. 1.
Quote: "I'm very honored, and certainly excited about the challenges that go along with it. The best part for me is working with students again."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Grant to allow Children’s Home in Pittsburgh to expand
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Blind man accused in stabbing on South Side to stand trial
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Pittsburgh schools’ teacher evaluations approved
- 2 killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- Saxonburg man pleads no contest to setting boy, 7, on fire
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet