Newsmaker: Kathleen Glenister Roberts
Family: Husband, Cannon; and two sons, Cooper, 10, and Kieran, 2
Occupation: Associate professor in the Department of Communications and Rhetorical Studies at Duquesne University, and director of the university's core curriculum
Education: Bachelor's degree in English and American studies from the University of Richmond, a master's degree in English and history from the University of Notre Dame, and a doctorate in folkloristics from Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind.
Background: Roberts has worked at Duquesne since 2001. She has been a recipient of the Pennsylvania Communication Association Harvey Kelly Award for Excellence in Teaching, an Order of Omega Teaching Excellence Award and a Paluse Award.
Noteworthy: Roberts has been named director of the Duquesne University Honors College, effective Jan. 1.
Quote: "I'm very honored, and certainly excited about the challenges that go along with it. The best part for me is working with students again."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- McCord to TV reporter: ‘I look forward to talking about’ resignation
- 2 firefighters injured battling Munhall blaze
- Officials identify man, woman killed in apparent Oakland murder-suicide
- Charge dropped against former Steeler Blount after community service
- Fayette coroner’s office at scene of truck-car crash on Route 51
- Charges expunged against Butler County man in ’61 lunch-counter protest
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency