Newsmaker: Kathleen Glenister Roberts
Family: Husband, Cannon; and two sons, Cooper, 10, and Kieran, 2
Occupation: Associate professor in the Department of Communications and Rhetorical Studies at Duquesne University, and director of the university's core curriculum
Education: Bachelor's degree in English and American studies from the University of Richmond, a master's degree in English and history from the University of Notre Dame, and a doctorate in folkloristics from Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind.
Background: Roberts has worked at Duquesne since 2001. She has been a recipient of the Pennsylvania Communication Association Harvey Kelly Award for Excellence in Teaching, an Order of Omega Teaching Excellence Award and a Paluse Award.
Noteworthy: Roberts has been named director of the Duquesne University Honors College, effective Jan. 1.
Quote: "I'm very honored, and certainly excited about the challenges that go along with it. The best part for me is working with students again."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Fire at Dollar General in Rostraver under control, dispatchers say
- Running against Obama
- News Alert
- Line painting on I-79 set for weekend
- Hatchet attack was terror, NYPD says
- NFL notebook: Colts WR Wayne out for Sunday’s game at Steelers
- White House callous toward American lives
- Hospital’s hero & more