Newsmaker: Kathleen Glenister Roberts
Family: Husband, Cannon; and two sons, Cooper, 10, and Kieran, 2
Occupation: Associate professor in the Department of Communications and Rhetorical Studies at Duquesne University, and director of the university's core curriculum
Education: Bachelor's degree in English and American studies from the University of Richmond, a master's degree in English and history from the University of Notre Dame, and a doctorate in folkloristics from Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind.
Background: Roberts has worked at Duquesne since 2001. She has been a recipient of the Pennsylvania Communication Association Harvey Kelly Award for Excellence in Teaching, an Order of Omega Teaching Excellence Award and a Paluse Award.
Noteworthy: Roberts has been named director of the Duquesne University Honors College, effective Jan. 1.
Quote: "I'm very honored, and certainly excited about the challenges that go along with it. The best part for me is working with students again."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- Pitt to play Notre Dame 5 times over next 11 seasons
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Alleged abuse by Franciscan friar nets $8M for 88 former students
- Point Breeze couple surprised with 2nd honeymoon by Ellen DeGeneres
- Cranberry: Construction restrictions lifted on Route 228
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Tuesday - October 21, 2014
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Pittsburgh police officer hurt in motorcycle crash