IRS sues to foreclose on ex-Brentwood dentist's house
The Internal Revenue Service filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday to foreclose on a former dentist's house in Brentwood in an attempt to recover more than $260,000 in taxes and penalties the dentist and his wife owed when they died in 2008.
John J. Hucko, 60, and Martha Ann Hucko, 61, were found dead in their home in 2008. An intravenous line was hooked up to John Hucko, who was lying near his wife.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office ruled that Martha Hucko's death was a homicide and her husband's death was a suicide.
The IRS sued the estate so it can sell the home to recover the unpaid taxes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- National Weather Service predicts up to 7 inches of snow before Sunday night
- Rossi: Pirates must pay for Mr. Right
- Coyotes proliferate despite year-round hunting
- Arrogant media elites mock Middle America
- Burnett’s farewell tour wishlist has just 1 item: Pirates World Series
- Man killed in Shaler house fire identified
- Under Rutherford, it’s been a sizeable shakeup for Penguins
- Winnik impresses Penguins in first workout
- Police investigating shooting at Strip District club
- Big names become available this week via free agency; will Steelers be tempted?