IRS sues to foreclose on ex-Brentwood dentist's house
The Internal Revenue Service filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday to foreclose on a former dentist's house in Brentwood in an attempt to recover more than $260,000 in taxes and penalties the dentist and his wife owed when they died in 2008.
John J. Hucko, 60, and Martha Ann Hucko, 61, were found dead in their home in 2008. An intravenous line was hooked up to John Hucko, who was lying near his wife.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office ruled that Martha Hucko's death was a homicide and her husband's death was a suicide.
The IRS sued the estate so it can sell the home to recover the unpaid taxes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- High school notebook: Apollo-Ridge’s Tipton named conference dual-award winner
- Washington Township daughter savors turkey farm tradition
- Christmas Cheer Club back to aid needy Mon Valley kids
- Pitt’s Dixon searching for answers in Maui
- Robert Morris falls at Chattanooga in Battle 4 Atlantis
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Mother remembered for selfless generosity
- Poachers blamed for wounding bear that killed pets in Connellsville Twp.
- Snow expected to taper off in Pittsburgh by mid-afternoon