Fedko president of Vincentian Academy
Former WPXI sports director John Fedko is the new president of Vincentian Academy in McCandless.
The coed Catholic high school, which will mark its 80th anniversary next year, introduced Fedko to members of the academy on Friday, explaining that his communication skills will enable him to reach a wide audience about the opportunities the school offers.
Fedko, a graduate of the University of Southern California, is active in numerous Catholic charities.
"As a father of five children who have benefited from the faith-filled environment associated with Catholic education, I believe that there is no greater goal than the growth and success of our Catholic high schools," said Fedko, who started with WPXI-TV in 1987 and retired as sports director and anchor in December.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- With most starters resting, Steelers turn in lackluster loss at Heinz
- Through the years: Armstrong Central opened with victory in 1990
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- Experts warn Kane’s Haiti trip might jeopardize any case from 2014 wiretap
- Penguins notebook: Czech rookie Simon getting familiar with surroundings
- Pa. welfare workers threatened with firings over financial forms
- Vick supporters, opponents demonstrate before Steelers’ game, but coexist
- Roundup: Kraft Singles recall grows nearly tenfold; judge OKs $415M settlement in Apple, Google wage case; more
- Repairs on Adelaide Road set to begin
- Indian SUV maker Mahindra to debut electric scooter in U.S.
- Liriano struggles as Brewers complete sweep of Pirates