Fedko president of Vincentian Academy
Former WPXI sports director John Fedko is the new president of Vincentian Academy in McCandless.
The coed Catholic high school, which will mark its 80th anniversary next year, introduced Fedko to members of the academy on Friday, explaining that his communication skills will enable him to reach a wide audience about the opportunities the school offers.
Fedko, a graduate of the University of Southern California, is active in numerous Catholic charities.
"As a father of five children who have benefited from the faith-filled environment associated with Catholic education, I believe that there is no greater goal than the growth and success of our Catholic high schools," said Fedko, who started with WPXI-TV in 1987 and retired as sports director and anchor in December.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- Penguins eliminated with Game 5 overtime loss to Rangers
- Cole shuts down Diamondbacks as Pirates open road trip with victory
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students
- Fleury valiant in defeat
- All Pennsylvanians to pay more, GOP gleans from report on Wolf’s tax plan
- Pittsburgh man identified as Manchester shooting victim
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Rangers’ defensive plan against Penguins was unwavering
- Pitt introduces Barnes as athletic director