Fedko president of Vincentian Academy
Former WPXI sports director John Fedko is the new president of Vincentian Academy in McCandless.
The coed Catholic high school, which will mark its 80th anniversary next year, introduced Fedko to members of the academy on Friday, explaining that his communication skills will enable him to reach a wide audience about the opportunities the school offers.
Fedko, a graduate of the University of Southern California, is active in numerous Catholic charities.
"As a father of five children who have benefited from the faith-filled environment associated with Catholic education, I believe that there is no greater goal than the growth and success of our Catholic high schools," said Fedko, who started with WPXI-TV in 1987 and retired as sports director and anchor in December.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Stupid Steelers
- It’s only exhibition, but these Steelers could solidify roster spots vs. Eagles
- Steelers running backs Bell, Blount will face drug charges
- New Kensington slaying victims identified
- Kiss’ makeup has changed, but their impact remains strong
- Vending business sold after pot-growing operation found in Lawrenceville
- Brentwood man chronicles battle with haunted house
- Indian firm plans exports of ethane from U.S. shale fields
- Pitt sophomore Coles leaves football team
- Commitment by Steelers’ Gilbert pays off
- Stage AE ranked in Billboard’s top 25 most popular clubs