Fedko president of Vincentian Academy
Former WPXI sports director John Fedko is the new president of Vincentian Academy in McCandless.
The coed Catholic high school, which will mark its 80th anniversary next year, introduced Fedko to members of the academy on Friday, explaining that his communication skills will enable him to reach a wide audience about the opportunities the school offers.
Fedko, a graduate of the University of Southern California, is active in numerous Catholic charities.
"As a father of five children who have benefited from the faith-filled environment associated with Catholic education, I believe that there is no greater goal than the growth and success of our Catholic high schools," said Fedko, who started with WPXI-TV in 1987 and retired as sports director and anchor in December.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh City Council President officially cited for dumping trash on steps of South Side business
- Woman dead in three-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Richland man sues over injuries suffered as bystander to police chase
- Rape charges dropped against NY man, statute of limitations expired
- Duquesne Light workers find decomposing body
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Monday - Oct. 20, 2014
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- Man accused of sexual contact with teen in Indiana County
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- County investigators determine fatal McKeesport fire started in living room