Fedko president of Vincentian Academy
Former WPXI sports director John Fedko is the new president of Vincentian Academy in McCandless.
The coed Catholic high school, which will mark its 80th anniversary next year, introduced Fedko to members of the academy on Friday, explaining that his communication skills will enable him to reach a wide audience about the opportunities the school offers.
Fedko, a graduate of the University of Southern California, is active in numerous Catholic charities.
"As a father of five children who have benefited from the faith-filled environment associated with Catholic education, I believe that there is no greater goal than the growth and success of our Catholic high schools," said Fedko, who started with WPXI-TV in 1987 and retired as sports director and anchor in December.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci commits to Pitt
- Kittanning’s Bowers changes commitment from Pitt to Penn State
- State court blocks release of Penn State emails between Freeh investigators and Attorney General
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- Guns found at Propel Braddock Hills
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- City authority approves deal to finance Penguins development
- New York City hunkers down as Nor’easter threatens blizzard conditions
- Pittsburgh police say officers in video did not use excessive force
- Senate GOP, fired open records director file lawsuit against Wolf
- Penguins recall 4 players