Fedko president of Vincentian Academy
Former WPXI sports director John Fedko is the new president of Vincentian Academy in McCandless.
The coed Catholic high school, which will mark its 80th anniversary next year, introduced Fedko to members of the academy on Friday, explaining that his communication skills will enable him to reach a wide audience about the opportunities the school offers.
Fedko, a graduate of the University of Southern California, is active in numerous Catholic charities.
"As a father of five children who have benefited from the faith-filled environment associated with Catholic education, I believe that there is no greater goal than the growth and success of our Catholic high schools," said Fedko, who started with WPXI-TV in 1987 and retired as sports director and anchor in December.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Rossi: Pirates foolish to bet on Burnett return
- Steelers’ Mitchell taking cautious approach about dealing with injuries
- Steelers notebook: No decision on surgery for rookie CB Golson
- Operating loss mounts at Highmark’s core hospital system
- Rain postpones Pirates-Cubs game
- Perfect storm rains heroin, pain pills onto Mon Valley
- Doctors to be given star ratings on UPMC site
- PennEnvironment planning Clean Air Act lawsuit
- FNB buying Harrisburg-based Metro Bancorp
- Inside the Steelers: Wide array of receiving options shine