Fedko president of Vincentian Academy
Former WPXI sports director John Fedko is the new president of Vincentian Academy in McCandless.
The coed Catholic high school, which will mark its 80th anniversary next year, introduced Fedko to members of the academy on Friday, explaining that his communication skills will enable him to reach a wide audience about the opportunities the school offers.
Fedko, a graduate of the University of Southern California, is active in numerous Catholic charities.
"As a father of five children who have benefited from the faith-filled environment associated with Catholic education, I believe that there is no greater goal than the growth and success of our Catholic high schools," said Fedko, who started with WPXI-TV in 1987 and retired as sports director and anchor in December.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- A field day on social media as Pirates’ Rodriguez attacks Gatorade cooler
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Clerical error blamed as Armstrong inmate is released
- West Mifflin Area to celebrate newest graduate’s life, legacy
- Upper St. Clair lifeguard ordered to stand trial for rape of female lifeguard
- Pittsburgh zoo receives $9M gift — largest ever — from Mellon Foundation
- Officials: 1 dead, 3 wounded in Northern Arizona University shooting