Mt. Lebanon Hospital to help through Tweets
St. Clair Hospital is asking Tweeters to help South Hills Interfaith Ministries provide holiday meals for needy people by participating in the hospital's upcoming #Tweet2Help drive.
SHIM, based in Bethel Park, is a nonprofit human services organization providing family and children services to the suburban poor and to refugee families living in the South Hills.
During the drive, St. Clair Hospital will donate 50 cents to SHIM for every re-tweet of the original St. Clair #Tweet2Help message from the @StClairHospital Twitter account, up to $1,000. Every $100 donated will provide groceries and household supplies to five families; every $500 donated will provide for 25 families. Meeting the $1,000 goal of the drive means 50 families will receive a meal this holiday season.
The drive starts Tuesday and will continue until the $1,000 goal is reached.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Best next opponent for Brock Lesnar
- Philly DA won’t fire Fina, two others for porn emails
- Pirates notebook: Burnett continues to progress, amps up to 95-pitch simulated game
- Steelers trade punter Wing to Giants for pick
- Custom Choo’s can be yours to choose
- Variations in women’s clothing sizes cause frustration
- Tree falls into house in Hempfield, injuring person
- Pitt forward Maia sidelined indefinitely with thumb injury
- State lawmaker proposes increasing cost of state fishing licenses
- The history behind women’s sizing ‘standards’
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno dies, hospital says