Mt. Lebanon Hospital to help through Tweets
St. Clair Hospital is asking Tweeters to help South Hills Interfaith Ministries provide holiday meals for needy people by participating in the hospital's upcoming #Tweet2Help drive.
SHIM, based in Bethel Park, is a nonprofit human services organization providing family and children services to the suburban poor and to refugee families living in the South Hills.
During the drive, St. Clair Hospital will donate 50 cents to SHIM for every re-tweet of the original St. Clair #Tweet2Help message from the @StClairHospital Twitter account, up to $1,000. Every $100 donated will provide groceries and household supplies to five families; every $500 donated will provide for 25 families. Meeting the $1,000 goal of the drive means 50 families will receive a meal this holiday season.
The drive starts Tuesday and will continue until the $1,000 goal is reached.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt recruit Whitehead remains committed
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Worker at Mercer County center accused of illegal sexual contact with juveniles
- Leon Ford’s civil rights lawsuit can proceed, judge rules
- Stocks push to record highs, continuing rally
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t ask for taunting clarification from league
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- WPIAL players named to Class AAA, A all-state teams
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- News Alert
- Monessen man jailed for stabbing