Mt. Lebanon Hospital to help through Tweets
St. Clair Hospital is asking Tweeters to help South Hills Interfaith Ministries provide holiday meals for needy people by participating in the hospital's upcoming #Tweet2Help drive.
SHIM, based in Bethel Park, is a nonprofit human services organization providing family and children services to the suburban poor and to refugee families living in the South Hills.
During the drive, St. Clair Hospital will donate 50 cents to SHIM for every re-tweet of the original St. Clair #Tweet2Help message from the @StClairHospital Twitter account, up to $1,000. Every $100 donated will provide groceries and household supplies to five families; every $500 donated will provide for 25 families. Meeting the $1,000 goal of the drive means 50 families will receive a meal this holiday season.
The drive starts Tuesday and will continue until the $1,000 goal is reached.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Warhol bodyguard sued over hidden artwork
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment
- Penguins look to buck shots, goals trend
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Patron alerts store employees to burning Rostraver building
- 9-month probe leads to major heroin bust in McKeesport
- Fábregas: Cancer-stricken California woman chooses to plan her death
- WPIAL football playoff clinchings
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review athletes of the week: Sewickley Academy’s Anthony Muscato, NA’s Tina Li
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire