Mt. Lebanon Hospital to help through Tweets
St. Clair Hospital is asking Tweeters to help South Hills Interfaith Ministries provide holiday meals for needy people by participating in the hospital's upcoming #Tweet2Help drive.
SHIM, based in Bethel Park, is a nonprofit human services organization providing family and children services to the suburban poor and to refugee families living in the South Hills.
During the drive, St. Clair Hospital will donate 50 cents to SHIM for every re-tweet of the original St. Clair #Tweet2Help message from the @StClairHospital Twitter account, up to $1,000. Every $100 donated will provide groceries and household supplies to five families; every $500 donated will provide for 25 families. Meeting the $1,000 goal of the drive means 50 families will receive a meal this holiday season.
The drive starts Tuesday and will continue until the $1,000 goal is reached.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCord to plead guilty to federal charges, lawyer says
- Pirates sign 2 to minor league deals
- Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette County
- Crash closes Pittsburgh Street in Springdale
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Police arrest man after high-speed chase to Downtown
- Sale of Deflategate chocolate football nets $20K for charity
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn