Mt. Lebanon Hospital to help through Tweets
St. Clair Hospital is asking Tweeters to help South Hills Interfaith Ministries provide holiday meals for needy people by participating in the hospital's upcoming #Tweet2Help drive.
SHIM, based in Bethel Park, is a nonprofit human services organization providing family and children services to the suburban poor and to refugee families living in the South Hills.
During the drive, St. Clair Hospital will donate 50 cents to SHIM for every re-tweet of the original St. Clair #Tweet2Help message from the @StClairHospital Twitter account, up to $1,000. Every $100 donated will provide groceries and household supplies to five families; every $500 donated will provide for 25 families. Meeting the $1,000 goal of the drive means 50 families will receive a meal this holiday season.
The drive starts Tuesday and will continue until the $1,000 goal is reached.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Harrison’s 5 RBIs help Pirates pound Brewers
- Steelers notebook: Spence’s future uncertain after reinjuring knee
- Lopsided loss to Eagles shows Steelers have issues aplenty
- Sandusky cover-up case unusually shrouded
- Distracted Steelers show nothing in loss to Eagles
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- Mother Nature takes a swat at Western Pa. stink bugs
- O’Hara teen finds inspiration for flying, dodging robot in fruit fly
- Beware mergers’ bad spawn
- Fabregas: ALS videos tiresome, but effective as fundraiser
- From heifers to science projects, Westmoreland Fair judges enjoy their task