Newsmaker: Dr. Christopher Schmidt
Noteworthy: Schmidt was elected to join the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, an association of about 350 orthopedic surgeons who specialize in operations involving the shoulder and elbow.
Residence: North Fayette
Occupation: Schmidt is a shoulder, elbow and hand surgeon employed by the West Penn Allegheny Health System. He practices primarily at Allegheny General, St. Clair and Washington hospitals.
Background: After graduating from medical school, Schmidt spent about seven years at the University of Pittsburgh as a surgical resident and fellow. In 1996, he joined the faculty at Ohio State University and directed an orthopedic residency program at Mount Carmel health system in Columbus, Ohio. Schmidt returned to Pittsburgh in 2000.
Education: Bachelor's degree from University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1985; medical degree from University of Wisconsin Medical School, 1989
Quote : "Technological advances in orthoscopic and joint-replacement surgery have greatly improved the quality of life of many people, and that's what makes shoulder and elbow surgery extremely rewarding."
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCutchen, Pirates cruise past Twins
- Beaver County widow won’t lose home over $6.30 late fee
- Gibsonia’s Saad shows off Stanley Cup at 911th Airlift Wing
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Judge adds 2 years to sentence of Baldwin Borough man acquitted of murder
- Police: Scottdale man had child porn on computer
- Steelers unfazed by Brady suspension saga
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Muslim group hopes to build worship center in Monroeville
- Housing Authority to treat Brookline senior complex for bedbugs
- Plum High School teacher held for court on charges of intimidation