Bethel Park church to collect, distribute prom wear
South Hills Interfaith Ministries will serve as a collection site for the 2012 Project Prom, which gives eligible high school students the opportunity to choose free formal attire from thousands of donated items.
SHIM will accept clean, undamaged donations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday through Feb. 28 at its facility in Bethel Park, 5301 Park Ave.
For girls, the desired items are: formal gowns, jewelry, purses, shoes, new hosiery and wraps. For boys, needed items are: tuxedos, bow ties, cummerbunds, formal shoes, pocket squares, cuff links and new dress socks.
Project Prom's store will be on the third level of Century III Mall in West Mifflin March 6-10.
Call 412-350-3428 or email EventandDonationsTeam@AlleghenyCounty.us with questions about eligibility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Steelers still knockin’ on Canton’s door
- Heyward-Bey looks to make impact on special teams with Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Spaeth on baby watch
- Philanthropist and one-time GOP powerhouse Elsie Hillman dies at 89
- Pitcher Arrieta, Cubs shut down Pirates in victory at PNC Park
- Former Lower Burrell couple to stand trial for animal cruelty
- Catching on: Jeannette grad Pryor making progress with transition to receiver
- Man dead in McKees Rocks shooting; he survived gunshot 10 days ago
- Murrysville oncologist says he had necessary permits to hunt, kill lion
- Pirates notebook: Liriano shrugs off rain-ruined start
- New Kensington man on trial on charges of molesting girl during 7-year period