Bethel Park church to collect, distribute prom wear
South Hills Interfaith Ministries will serve as a collection site for the 2012 Project Prom, which gives eligible high school students the opportunity to choose free formal attire from thousands of donated items.
SHIM will accept clean, undamaged donations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday through Feb. 28 at its facility in Bethel Park, 5301 Park Ave.
For girls, the desired items are: formal gowns, jewelry, purses, shoes, new hosiery and wraps. For boys, needed items are: tuxedos, bow ties, cummerbunds, formal shoes, pocket squares, cuff links and new dress socks.
Project Prom's store will be on the third level of Century III Mall in West Mifflin March 6-10.
Call 412-350-3428 or email EventandDonationsTeam@AlleghenyCounty.us with questions about eligibility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE
- Daily Courier columnist knew, loved Connellsville community
- Lineman Groh back from injury, ready to help Mustangs
- Earlier start, free meals among changes as Connellsville Area schools start Monday
- Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Fischer in spotlight as meeting nears
- Cops nab 4 in Monessen drug hangout
- Union files lawsuit against ATI
- Mon Valley steelworkers rally for new contract
- Pirates notebook: Catcher Cervelli among ejection leaders