Bethel Park church to collect, distribute prom wear
South Hills Interfaith Ministries will serve as a collection site for the 2012 Project Prom, which gives eligible high school students the opportunity to choose free formal attire from thousands of donated items.
SHIM will accept clean, undamaged donations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday through Feb. 28 at its facility in Bethel Park, 5301 Park Ave.
For girls, the desired items are: formal gowns, jewelry, purses, shoes, new hosiery and wraps. For boys, needed items are: tuxedos, bow ties, cummerbunds, formal shoes, pocket squares, cuff links and new dress socks.
Project Prom's store will be on the third level of Century III Mall in West Mifflin March 6-10.
Call 412-350-3428 or email EventandDonationsTeam@AlleghenyCounty.us with questions about eligibility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers
- Sarra has made a career out of achieving
- Shopping season starts up for Penguins amid onset of free agency
- Union to work while ATI talks continue
- Connellsville board hikes taxes, adds to layoffs
- Uniontown man takes plea deal in assault, Connellsville robberies
- Fayette County Fair won’t be disrupted by Route 119 project
- Oklahoma Borough drilling, supply owner to stand trial for stealing natural gas
- Gameday: Pirates at Detroit, July 1, 2015
- Bridge dedicated to mark completion of Butler-Freeport Community Trail
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization