Bethel Park church to collect, distribute prom wear
South Hills Interfaith Ministries will serve as a collection site for the 2012 Project Prom, which gives eligible high school students the opportunity to choose free formal attire from thousands of donated items.
SHIM will accept clean, undamaged donations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday through Feb. 28 at its facility in Bethel Park, 5301 Park Ave.
For girls, the desired items are: formal gowns, jewelry, purses, shoes, new hosiery and wraps. For boys, needed items are: tuxedos, bow ties, cummerbunds, formal shoes, pocket squares, cuff links and new dress socks.
Project Prom's store will be on the third level of Century III Mall in West Mifflin March 6-10.
Call 412-350-3428 or email EventandDonationsTeam@AlleghenyCounty.us with questions about eligibility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Penn to test ‘balloon pill’ in weight-loss trial
- Millions needed to replace at-risk natural gas pipes in Pennsylvania
- Experts say Pennsylvania Attorney General Kane dug her own hole
- Starkey: Vanilla Mike too polite on officiating
- $3.5M glass sculpture’s story begins, ends in rural community of Dunbar
- Chief of Pittsburgh Regional Alliance sets sights on growth in Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Alle-Kiski roundup: Freeport baseball team downs 1st-place Deer Lakes
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- NFL Draft preview: Thin crop of offensive tackles available
- Cubs’ 3-run, 9th-inning rally upends Pirates
- Daily News roundup: Elizabeth Forward takes down Ringgold