Bethel Park church to collect, distribute prom wear
South Hills Interfaith Ministries will serve as a collection site for the 2012 Project Prom, which gives eligible high school students the opportunity to choose free formal attire from thousands of donated items.
SHIM will accept clean, undamaged donations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday through Feb. 28 at its facility in Bethel Park, 5301 Park Ave.
For girls, the desired items are: formal gowns, jewelry, purses, shoes, new hosiery and wraps. For boys, needed items are: tuxedos, bow ties, cummerbunds, formal shoes, pocket squares, cuff links and new dress socks.
Project Prom's store will be on the third level of Century III Mall in West Mifflin March 6-10.
Call 412-350-3428 or email EventandDonationsTeam@AlleghenyCounty.us with questions about eligibility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Emergency room visits decline as navigators steer patients to proper medical care
- Armstrong spared worst of nor’easter’s wrath
- Business roundup: IBM “flatly denies” report of mass layoffs; more
- Ford City officials discuss code enforcement
- Teen found in Riverview Park last year died of overdose
- MSA Safety products in demand to protect workers in dangerous jobs
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Penn Hills superintendent resigns