Bethel Park church to collect, distribute prom wear
South Hills Interfaith Ministries will serve as a collection site for the 2012 Project Prom, which gives eligible high school students the opportunity to choose free formal attire from thousands of donated items.
SHIM will accept clean, undamaged donations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday through Feb. 28 at its facility in Bethel Park, 5301 Park Ave.
For girls, the desired items are: formal gowns, jewelry, purses, shoes, new hosiery and wraps. For boys, needed items are: tuxedos, bow ties, cummerbunds, formal shoes, pocket squares, cuff links and new dress socks.
Project Prom's store will be on the third level of Century III Mall in West Mifflin March 6-10.
Call 412-350-3428 or email EventandDonationsTeam@AlleghenyCounty.us with questions about eligibility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Oak Ridge couple transforms 1820 house into quaint bed and breakfast
- Hempfield teen hurt in single-vehicle crash
- Penguins notebook: Crosby to play in worlds for 1st time since 2006