Bethel Park church to collect, distribute prom wear
South Hills Interfaith Ministries will serve as a collection site for the 2012 Project Prom, which gives eligible high school students the opportunity to choose free formal attire from thousands of donated items.
SHIM will accept clean, undamaged donations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday through Feb. 28 at its facility in Bethel Park, 5301 Park Ave.
For girls, the desired items are: formal gowns, jewelry, purses, shoes, new hosiery and wraps. For boys, needed items are: tuxedos, bow ties, cummerbunds, formal shoes, pocket squares, cuff links and new dress socks.
Project Prom's store will be on the third level of Century III Mall in West Mifflin March 6-10.
Call 412-350-3428 or email EventandDonationsTeam@AlleghenyCounty.us with questions about eligibility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates claim Ishikawa off waivers; Marte injured
- Alvarez homer triggers winning outburst for Pirates
- Coaching next step for local tennis standout Watt
- Woman shot at Kennywood Park in ‘freak accident’
- Don’t remove history’s lessons
- Risk of government shutdown to worry Congress on return from July Fourth
- U.S.-led coalition unleashes wave of airstrikes on Raqqa, Syria
- Police: Maine man shoots off firework from top of head, dies
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- Notorious New York escapee Sweat returns to prison
- Trump comments still dominate GOP debate, divide field of presidential contenders