Bethel Park church to collect, distribute prom wear
South Hills Interfaith Ministries will serve as a collection site for the 2012 Project Prom, which gives eligible high school students the opportunity to choose free formal attire from thousands of donated items.
SHIM will accept clean, undamaged donations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday through Feb. 28 at its facility in Bethel Park, 5301 Park Ave.
For girls, the desired items are: formal gowns, jewelry, purses, shoes, new hosiery and wraps. For boys, needed items are: tuxedos, bow ties, cummerbunds, formal shoes, pocket squares, cuff links and new dress socks.
Project Prom's store will be on the third level of Century III Mall in West Mifflin March 6-10.
Call 412-350-3428 or email EventandDonationsTeam@AlleghenyCounty.us with questions about eligibility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes
- STEM learning takes root at Cal U Science Olympiad
- IUP falls short in Division II men’s basketball title game
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 8, Blue Jays 3
- South Side house part of former Steeler’s end game
- Pitt notebook: Defense shows up in scrimmage
- Hotel Conneaut operator says events will go on despite letter canceling lease
- Road Trip! Destination: Indianapolis
- Frazier athlete shows teammates value of hard work
- Ringgold’s robot battling team not only at play