Bethel Park church to collect, distribute prom wear
South Hills Interfaith Ministries will serve as a collection site for the 2012 Project Prom, which gives eligible high school students the opportunity to choose free formal attire from thousands of donated items.
SHIM will accept clean, undamaged donations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday through Feb. 28 at its facility in Bethel Park, 5301 Park Ave.
For girls, the desired items are: formal gowns, jewelry, purses, shoes, new hosiery and wraps. For boys, needed items are: tuxedos, bow ties, cummerbunds, formal shoes, pocket squares, cuff links and new dress socks.
Project Prom's store will be on the third level of Century III Mall in West Mifflin March 6-10.
Call 412-350-3428 or email EventandDonationsTeam@AlleghenyCounty.us with questions about eligibility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defense takes aim at Ravens QB Flacco
- Gorman: DiNucci perfect fit for Pine-Richland
- High school football roundup: No. 13 Riverside upsets Beth-Center in 1st round
- Attorney General Kane injured in auto accident
- Penguins GM Rutherford: Malkin’s play belies fact he missed training camp
- Steelers notebook: Ravens enter short-handed at tight end
- Evaporating cap on Pa. gasoline taxes to offset drops at pump
- FCC chairman floats ‘hybrid’ ruling on net neutrality
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Coastal Division lead within reach for Panthers
- Young leads Pitt’s new-look lineup past IUP in exhibition opener