Bethel Park church to collect, distribute prom wear
South Hills Interfaith Ministries will serve as a collection site for the 2012 Project Prom, which gives eligible high school students the opportunity to choose free formal attire from thousands of donated items.
SHIM will accept clean, undamaged donations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday through Feb. 28 at its facility in Bethel Park, 5301 Park Ave.
For girls, the desired items are: formal gowns, jewelry, purses, shoes, new hosiery and wraps. For boys, needed items are: tuxedos, bow ties, cummerbunds, formal shoes, pocket squares, cuff links and new dress socks.
Project Prom's store will be on the third level of Century III Mall in West Mifflin March 6-10.
Call 412-350-3428 or email EventandDonationsTeam@AlleghenyCounty.us with questions about eligibility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh rallies for second year of Pirates magic
- Pitt joins national team looking to unravel traumatic brain injuries
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Authorities accuse South Fayette commissioner of insurance fraud
- Tomlin: Penalties only one factor in Steelers’ loss
- Police: Charges unwarranted for Yough shop class project
- Women sues over injuries she blames on Pittsburgh EMS
- Controller recommends hiring to reduce 911 center overtime
- Paper or paper? California bans single-use plastic bags
- Robinson man to serve probation for woman’s drowning death
- Judge OKs alternative for 2 turnpike corruption case defendants