Bethel Park church to collect, distribute prom wear
South Hills Interfaith Ministries will serve as a collection site for the 2012 Project Prom, which gives eligible high school students the opportunity to choose free formal attire from thousands of donated items.
SHIM will accept clean, undamaged donations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday through Feb. 28 at its facility in Bethel Park, 5301 Park Ave.
For girls, the desired items are: formal gowns, jewelry, purses, shoes, new hosiery and wraps. For boys, needed items are: tuxedos, bow ties, cummerbunds, formal shoes, pocket squares, cuff links and new dress socks.
Project Prom's store will be on the third level of Century III Mall in West Mifflin March 6-10.
Call 412-350-3428 or email EventandDonationsTeam@AlleghenyCounty.us with questions about eligibility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt takes part in government concussion study
- Starkey: Stupid Steelers
- Freeport Bridge reopens, Route 356 traffic still affected
- New Kensington slaying victims identified
- Pitt recruit Rowan leaving Lincoln Park
- MLB notebook: Angels ace Richards to miss 6-9 months with knee injury
- Police charge Steelers’ Bell, Blount with marijuana possession
- Pitt’s Chryst names Voytik starting quarterback
- Kiss’ makeup has changed, but their impact remains strong
- New rules for highly addictive, hydrocodone-containing medications near
- Boston Marathon suspect’s friend guilty of obstruction