Bethel Park church to collect, distribute prom wear
South Hills Interfaith Ministries will serve as a collection site for the 2012 Project Prom, which gives eligible high school students the opportunity to choose free formal attire from thousands of donated items.
SHIM will accept clean, undamaged donations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday through Feb. 28 at its facility in Bethel Park, 5301 Park Ave.
For girls, the desired items are: formal gowns, jewelry, purses, shoes, new hosiery and wraps. For boys, needed items are: tuxedos, bow ties, cummerbunds, formal shoes, pocket squares, cuff links and new dress socks.
Project Prom's store will be on the third level of Century III Mall in West Mifflin March 6-10.
Call 412-350-3428 or email EventandDonationsTeam@AlleghenyCounty.us with questions about eligibility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Morton, Pirates blank Red Sox in series opener
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- Vikings bar Peterson from all team activities
- Pitt professor, poet earns prestigious MacArthur ‘genius grant’
- Southmoreland student injured in school assault
- Penguins notebook: Martin not concerned about expiring contract
- Big break in trooper ambush probe: suspect’s abandoned SUV