North Union fire damages drive-in restaurant
A popular Fayette County drive-in restaurant sustained major damage Tuesday during a late-morning fire in North Union.
Vinny's Drive Inn,1225 Connellsville St., had heavy interior smoke and water damage, a safety officer with the North Union Volunteer Fire Department said.
The fire, which started in the front of the building, broke out about 10:15 a.m., the officer said. The cause was undetermined.
By late afternoon crews were cleaning the interior and installing plastic sheeting over a portion of the roof.
Owner John Galie told WPXI-TV news that he plans to have construction crews look at the damage this morning.
Fire Chief Jim Marnell told WPXI that a maintenance worker was working on pipes when a torch caught the building on fire. Galie tried to put out the fire with a garden hose.
Galie's sister, Patrice Galie, said her brother has owned the business since 1992. It had been open for 25 years prior to that. She said her brother plans to reopen.
Firefighters said no one was injured.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police look for suspect in attempted child-luring incident in North Union
- Frazier’s $22M school construction project moving on schedule
- Connellsville preps for nighttime treating
- ‘Trunk or Treat’ events designed to keep everyone safe
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- Pa. candidates address equal rights, economic equity in Connellsville
- Perryopolis going greener
- Halloween fun fills Connellsville community center
- Fayette to open central district court
- Connellsville council told Highlands Hospital has prevention plan for Ebola
- Masontown councilman charged with harassment