Fayette man arrested in death of woman on Route 40 in Redstone
The Fayette County coroner has identified a woman who was struck by a vehicle along Route 40 in Redstone Thursday night.
Kelly Jo Branson, 21, of Woodview Terrace died in the 7:30 p.m. accident.
Motorist Donald Lowther, 40, who allegedly struck Branson, was charged today with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, according to a criminal complaint filed with Brownsville District Judge Mike Defino.
Police told WPXI-TV that Branson and her husband had stopped to change a tire on their vehicle near Jackson Road when they were struck by motorist Donald Lowther.
Police said Branson's husband is in critical condition.
Kelly Jo Branson was pronounced dead at the scene at 8:05 p.m. by Deputy Coroner Robert Furin.
Lowther is being held in the Fayette County Prison on $75,000 bond.
He faces a preliminary hearing before Defino on Jan. 9.
Attempts to reach township police for comment were unsuccessful.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Millertown church to hold Word of Life program kickoff
- Saturday is time to ‘Pray Connellsville’
- Geibel student gets peek at life at Harvard Medical School
- Dunbar continues clean-up efforts after flood
- Pilgrims ready to return to Mt. St. Macrina
- Lions Square Summer Concert Series will conclude Sunday
- Fayette SPCA closure causes void
- Police hunt for North Union shooter
- Connellsville’s Wednesday Walk to feature railroads with WWII connections
- Area Scouts earn badge at Connellsville airport
- Fayette County volunteers aim for markers, flags on all veterans’ graves for Memorial Day