Fayette man arrested in death of woman on Route 40 in Redstone
The Fayette County coroner has identified a woman who was struck by a vehicle along Route 40 in Redstone Thursday night.
Kelly Jo Branson, 21, of Woodview Terrace died in the 7:30 p.m. accident.
Motorist Donald Lowther, 40, who allegedly struck Branson, was charged today with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, according to a criminal complaint filed with Brownsville District Judge Mike Defino.
Police told WPXI-TV that Branson and her husband had stopped to change a tire on their vehicle near Jackson Road when they were struck by motorist Donald Lowther.
Police said Branson's husband is in critical condition.
Kelly Jo Branson was pronounced dead at the scene at 8:05 p.m. by Deputy Coroner Robert Furin.
Lowther is being held in the Fayette County Prison on $75,000 bond.
He faces a preliminary hearing before Defino on Jan. 9.
Attempts to reach township police for comment were unsuccessful.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Perryopolis going greener
- ‘Trunk or Treat’ events designed to keep everyone safe
- Connellsville preps for nighttime treating
- Masontown councilman charged with harassment
- Pa. candidates address equal rights, economic equity in Connellsville
- Somerset Trust Train Station Complex in Connellsville to hold grand opening
- Connellsville council told Highlands Hospital has prevention plan for Ebola
- Burglars take $200 from Clark Elementary School
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Harlem Wizards will take to the court against Connellsville All Stars
- Frazier’s $22M school construction project moving on schedule