Fayette man arrested in death of woman on Route 40 in Redstone
The Fayette County coroner has identified a woman who was struck by a vehicle along Route 40 in Redstone Thursday night.
Kelly Jo Branson, 21, of Woodview Terrace died in the 7:30 p.m. accident.
Motorist Donald Lowther, 40, who allegedly struck Branson, was charged today with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, according to a criminal complaint filed with Brownsville District Judge Mike Defino.
Police told WPXI-TV that Branson and her husband had stopped to change a tire on their vehicle near Jackson Road when they were struck by motorist Donald Lowther.
Police said Branson's husband is in critical condition.
Kelly Jo Branson was pronounced dead at the scene at 8:05 p.m. by Deputy Coroner Robert Furin.
Lowther is being held in the Fayette County Prison on $75,000 bond.
He faces a preliminary hearing before Defino on Jan. 9.
Attempts to reach township police for comment were unsuccessful.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville church group eases anguish of losing a pet
- Connellsville-area municipalities getting less return from gas impact fees
- Connellsville pavilion, horseshoes to preserve woman’s memory
- Historical society aims to preserve Connellsville connections to conflicts
- Geibel Catholic acting, music camp enters 4th year
- 87th St. Rita’s Festival scheduled in Connellsville
- Fayette County men recount fathers’ roles in World War II
- Funeral planned for Connellsville teen who died in crash
- Post-war ‘welcome’ still stings Vietnam War veteran from Connellsville
- Aaron’s building review planned
- Artist of the month from Chalk Hill goes back to nature