Fayette man arrested in death of woman on Route 40 in Redstone
The Fayette County coroner has identified a woman who was struck by a vehicle along Route 40 in Redstone Thursday night.
Kelly Jo Branson, 21, of Woodview Terrace died in the 7:30 p.m. accident.
Motorist Donald Lowther, 40, who allegedly struck Branson, was charged today with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, according to a criminal complaint filed with Brownsville District Judge Mike Defino.
Police told WPXI-TV that Branson and her husband had stopped to change a tire on their vehicle near Jackson Road when they were struck by motorist Donald Lowther.
Police said Branson's husband is in critical condition.
Kelly Jo Branson was pronounced dead at the scene at 8:05 p.m. by Deputy Coroner Robert Furin.
Lowther is being held in the Fayette County Prison on $75,000 bond.
He faces a preliminary hearing before Defino on Jan. 9.
Attempts to reach township police for comment were unsuccessful.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big future seen for former Fayette grocery warehouse
- Twin pizza shop owners in Connellsville rise to The Challenge
- Report on cause of Uniontown train derailment not due for weeks
- Fayette County relies on Westmoreland response team for pet rescues
- Connellsville mother leads charge for medical marijuana
- Everson dealing with water issues
- Uniontown woman goes on trial as driver in fatal wreck
- Supervisor testifies in trial of woman charged in deadly North Union crash
- New owners have big plans for Fayette County landmark Braddock Inn
- Developer denied ‘affordable housing’ variance in Masontown
- Conn-Area, Geibel Catholic open houses Sunday