Fayette man arrested in death of woman on Route 40 in Redstone
The Fayette County coroner has identified a woman who was struck by a vehicle along Route 40 in Redstone Thursday night.
Kelly Jo Branson, 21, of Woodview Terrace died in the 7:30 p.m. accident.
Motorist Donald Lowther, 40, who allegedly struck Branson, was charged today with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, according to a criminal complaint filed with Brownsville District Judge Mike Defino.
Police told WPXI-TV that Branson and her husband had stopped to change a tire on their vehicle near Jackson Road when they were struck by motorist Donald Lowther.
Police said Branson's husband is in critical condition.
Kelly Jo Branson was pronounced dead at the scene at 8:05 p.m. by Deputy Coroner Robert Furin.
Lowther is being held in the Fayette County Prison on $75,000 bond.
He faces a preliminary hearing before Defino on Jan. 9.
Attempts to reach township police for comment were unsuccessful.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains