Fayette man arrested in death of woman on Route 40 in Redstone
The Fayette County coroner has identified a woman who was struck by a vehicle along Route 40 in Redstone Thursday night.
Kelly Jo Branson, 21, of Woodview Terrace died in the 7:30 p.m. accident.
Motorist Donald Lowther, 40, who allegedly struck Branson, was charged today with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, according to a criminal complaint filed with Brownsville District Judge Mike Defino.
Police told WPXI-TV that Branson and her husband had stopped to change a tire on their vehicle near Jackson Road when they were struck by motorist Donald Lowther.
Police said Branson's husband is in critical condition.
Kelly Jo Branson was pronounced dead at the scene at 8:05 p.m. by Deputy Coroner Robert Furin.
Lowther is being held in the Fayette County Prison on $75,000 bond.
He faces a preliminary hearing before Defino on Jan. 9.
Attempts to reach township police for comment were unsuccessful.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Building damaged, no injuries after Fayette recycling center fire
- Connellsville foundation preserves local theater treasure
- Father-and-son blacksmiths still firing up forge in Farmington
- Uniontown songwriter draws big inspiration from Bigfoot for new CD
- Members of Dawson church to continue Palm Sunday tradition
- Seton Hill student to run for Connellsville Council
- Zimmerlink seeking 4th term in Fayette
- Businesses expected to breathe new life into Connellsville
- Dormant Connellsville community committee donates $3.7K
- Mill Run woman sentenced in daughter’s death
- Connellsville Rite Aid robbed