Fayette man arrested in death of woman on Route 40 in Redstone
The Fayette County coroner has identified a woman who was struck by a vehicle along Route 40 in Redstone Thursday night.
Kelly Jo Branson, 21, of Woodview Terrace died in the 7:30 p.m. accident.
Motorist Donald Lowther, 40, who allegedly struck Branson, was charged today with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, according to a criminal complaint filed with Brownsville District Judge Mike Defino.
Police told WPXI-TV that Branson and her husband had stopped to change a tire on their vehicle near Jackson Road when they were struck by motorist Donald Lowther.
Police said Branson's husband is in critical condition.
Kelly Jo Branson was pronounced dead at the scene at 8:05 p.m. by Deputy Coroner Robert Furin.
Lowther is being held in the Fayette County Prison on $75,000 bond.
He faces a preliminary hearing before Defino on Jan. 9.
Attempts to reach township police for comment were unsuccessful.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 1 dead in Bullskin crash
- Purchase paves the way for razing of Connellsville building
- Connellsville Area High School’s marching band to play national anthem at PNC Park
- 17 years later, late Frazier superintendent’s vision of new school nearly a reality
- More charges filed against Uniontown serial robbery suspect
- Connellsville man accepts plea in break-ins
- Agriculture chief touts local products in Fayette County visit
- 500 Brownsville elementary students to get backpacks, supplies
- PORTERFIELD: Nicholson family reunion set at Indian Creek Valley Community Center
- Lawyer wants Fayette wind turbines shut down
- PennDOT seeks citizen feedback on proposed Route 119 interchange