Fayette man arrested in death of woman on Route 40 in Redstone
The Fayette County coroner has identified a woman who was struck by a vehicle along Route 40 in Redstone Thursday night.
Kelly Jo Branson, 21, of Woodview Terrace died in the 7:30 p.m. accident.
Motorist Donald Lowther, 40, who allegedly struck Branson, was charged today with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, according to a criminal complaint filed with Brownsville District Judge Mike Defino.
Police told WPXI-TV that Branson and her husband had stopped to change a tire on their vehicle near Jackson Road when they were struck by motorist Donald Lowther.
Police said Branson's husband is in critical condition.
Kelly Jo Branson was pronounced dead at the scene at 8:05 p.m. by Deputy Coroner Robert Furin.
Lowther is being held in the Fayette County Prison on $75,000 bond.
He faces a preliminary hearing before Defino on Jan. 9.
Attempts to reach township police for comment were unsuccessful.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shake-a-thon to help 5-year-old from Connellsville
- Top 10 talent showcase set at Connellsville Area High School
- PennDOT project in North Union delayed a week
- Perryopolis, Perry Township veterans groups plan Memorial Day service at Frazier High School
- Outdoor program teaches Laurel Highlands students teamwork
- Connellsville details its Memorial Day parade lineup
- Change likely in Fayette County District Attorney’s Office
- Fayette County area communities plan Memorial Day events
- Golden Reunion to bring old friends together Monday in Connellsville
- Good trail news for Connellsville
- Man convicted in Redstone robbery plans to appeal sentence