Connellsville man killed in Dunbar Twp. dump truck collision
A 27-year-old Connellsville man was killed early Sunday when a dump truck collided with his pickup on Route 119 in Dunbar Township.
State police in Uniontown said Matthew D. McLaughlin, 27, was traveling south in a Ford F-150 at 6:45 a.m. while the dump truck being driven by George R. Shaffer, 35, of McClellandtown was at a stop sign. Shaffer pulled out to cross Route 119 and the two collided, rolling the dump truck on its side, police said.
The truck was not carrying a load at the time of the accident.
Neither Shaffer, nor his passenger Jennifer A. Shaffer, 36, also of McClellandtown, was injured, police said.
No further information was available last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police hunt for North Union shooter
- Millertown church to hold Word of Life program kickoff
- Dunbar continues clean-up efforts after flood
- Saturday is time to ‘Pray Connellsville’
- Fayette prison board wants to cut crowding
- Clinton Church of God to hold pig roast on Saturday
- Fayette SPCA closure causes void
- Fayette foundation director returning to role
- Connellsville walkers get dose of railroad talk, tracing trains’ track
- Connellsville woman challenges residents to help displaced animals
- Connellsville Health Board revisits proposed blight ordinance