Connellsville man killed in Dunbar Twp. dump truck collision
A 27-year-old Connellsville man was killed early Sunday when a dump truck collided with his pickup on Route 119 in Dunbar Township.
State police in Uniontown said Matthew D. McLaughlin, 27, was traveling south in a Ford F-150 at 6:45 a.m. while the dump truck being driven by George R. Shaffer, 35, of McClellandtown was at a stop sign. Shaffer pulled out to cross Route 119 and the two collided, rolling the dump truck on its side, police said.
The truck was not carrying a load at the time of the accident.
Neither Shaffer, nor his passenger Jennifer A. Shaffer, 36, also of McClellandtown, was injured, police said.
No further information was available last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Interchange named for longtime Democratic Party leader who advocated for Mon-Fayette Expressway
- Fayette County woman pleads guilty to trying to kill romantic rival with SUV
- ‘Trunk or Treat’ events designed to keep everyone safe
- Police look for suspect in attempted child-luring incident in North Union
- Springfield Halloween parades set for Saturday
- Perryopolis going greener
- Connellsville council told Highlands Hospital has prevention plan for Ebola
- Connellsville preps for nighttime treating
- Fayette seeks ownership of building for jail
- Masontown councilman charged with harassment
- Harlem Wizards will take to the court against Connellsville All Stars