Connellsville man killed in Dunbar Twp. dump truck collision
A 27-year-old Connellsville man was killed early Sunday when a dump truck collided with his pickup on Route 119 in Dunbar Township.
State police in Uniontown said Matthew D. McLaughlin, 27, was traveling south in a Ford F-150 at 6:45 a.m. while the dump truck being driven by George R. Shaffer, 35, of McClellandtown was at a stop sign. Shaffer pulled out to cross Route 119 and the two collided, rolling the dump truck on its side, police said.
The truck was not carrying a load at the time of the accident.
Neither Shaffer, nor his passenger Jennifer A. Shaffer, 36, also of McClellandtown, was injured, police said.
No further information was available last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Geibel junior’s Eagle Scout project benefits parishioners
- Man faces multiple charges after chase in Uniontown
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer
- Daily Courier accepting gifts for Holiday Gift Club
- Brownsville Area Middle School administrator placed on leave in threat investigation
- Connellsville-area kids encouraged to decorate city’s Christmas tree with handmade ornaments
- Christmas in the Park takes place Saturday in Connellsville
- Architect picked to examine Fayette County jail
- Uniontown man charged with taking $16K from PTO
- Paper accepting gifts for Holiday Gift Club