Connellsville man killed in Dunbar Twp. dump truck collision
A 27-year-old Connellsville man was killed early Sunday when a dump truck collided with his pickup on Route 119 in Dunbar Township.
State police in Uniontown said Matthew D. McLaughlin, 27, was traveling south in a Ford F-150 at 6:45 a.m. while the dump truck being driven by George R. Shaffer, 35, of McClellandtown was at a stop sign. Shaffer pulled out to cross Route 119 and the two collided, rolling the dump truck on its side, police said.
The truck was not carrying a load at the time of the accident.
Neither Shaffer, nor his passenger Jennifer A. Shaffer, 36, also of McClellandtown, was injured, police said.
No further information was available last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- 7 percent in Allegheny County allowed to carry concealed gun
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- U.S. Marine found guilty of killing transgender Filipino
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar
- Latest stent to open heart arteries lessens risk of clotting
- No. 11 Purdue presents tall order for Pitt