Connellsville man killed in Dunbar Twp. dump truck collision
A 27-year-old Connellsville man was killed early Sunday when a dump truck collided with his pickup on Route 119 in Dunbar Township.
State police in Uniontown said Matthew D. McLaughlin, 27, was traveling south in a Ford F-150 at 6:45 a.m. while the dump truck being driven by George R. Shaffer, 35, of McClellandtown was at a stop sign. Shaffer pulled out to cross Route 119 and the two collided, rolling the dump truck on its side, police said.
The truck was not carrying a load at the time of the accident.
Neither Shaffer, nor his passenger Jennifer A. Shaffer, 36, also of McClellandtown, was injured, police said.
No further information was available last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Longtime Connellsville area business closes its doors
- Fayette jail foes want county to be stricken as intervenor in case
- Fayette Friends of Animals volunteer uses talent to help get her shelter animals adopted
- Man held for trial in dragging of Redstone cop
- Connellsville Health Board airs ordinance issues
- Sirochman: Fayette genealogy workshop planned for Wednesday
- Security tightened at Fayette courthouse; Westmoreland says its procedures are sufficient
- Breakneck Church to hold flea market, bake sale
- Contest seeks Fayette student entries to name road to jail
- Old water treatment plant in Dunbar Township destroyed by fire
- Dunbar Twp. man held for trial in DUI fatality