Connellsville man killed in Dunbar Twp. dump truck collision
A 27-year-old Connellsville man was killed early Sunday when a dump truck collided with his pickup on Route 119 in Dunbar Township.
State police in Uniontown said Matthew D. McLaughlin, 27, was traveling south in a Ford F-150 at 6:45 a.m. while the dump truck being driven by George R. Shaffer, 35, of McClellandtown was at a stop sign. Shaffer pulled out to cross Route 119 and the two collided, rolling the dump truck on its side, police said.
The truck was not carrying a load at the time of the accident.
Neither Shaffer, nor his passenger Jennifer A. Shaffer, 36, also of McClellandtown, was injured, police said.
No further information was available last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 3 taken into custody after shots fired at East Park in Connellsville
- Connellsville Circles program fights poverty
- Fair weather expected for opening of Fayette County Fair
- Fayette County doctor expects to go to prison in prescription scheme
- Lower Tyrone supervisors unable to help property owner whose sewage permit was revoked based on DEP recommendation
- Fayette warden wants to add 8 full-timers
- Connellsville’s Porter Theater to present ‘Seven Brides’
- North Fayette municipal authority awaits study on water
- Former Fayette commissioner plans run as independent
- Man charged with threats against Fayette firefighters
- Man sentenced for fleeing from Redstone officer