Connellsville man killed in Dunbar Twp. dump truck collision
A 27-year-old Connellsville man was killed early Sunday when a dump truck collided with his pickup on Route 119 in Dunbar Township.
State police in Uniontown said Matthew D. McLaughlin, 27, was traveling south in a Ford F-150 at 6:45 a.m. while the dump truck being driven by George R. Shaffer, 35, of McClellandtown was at a stop sign. Shaffer pulled out to cross Route 119 and the two collided, rolling the dump truck on its side, police said.
The truck was not carrying a load at the time of the accident.
Neither Shaffer, nor his passenger Jennifer A. Shaffer, 36, also of McClellandtown, was injured, police said.
No further information was available last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- A Christmas story: Childhood holiday in Dunbar recollected
- Trinity United Presbyterian offers Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Uniontown self-help book author finds ‘Inner Peace’ through writing
- Connellsville teen charged in attack on 80-year-old man, daughter allowed to play high school basketball
- Connellsville High announces leads for March musical
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- Stanley Cup coming to Ice Mine in Dunbar Township
- Fallen Perryopolis police officer chased his dream
- Normalville church performs Christmas play
- Connellsville man admitted drinking, fighting with victim before deadly 2013 crash, trooper testifies