Connellsville man killed in Dunbar Twp. dump truck collision
A 27-year-old Connellsville man was killed early Sunday when a dump truck collided with his pickup on Route 119 in Dunbar Township.
State police in Uniontown said Matthew D. McLaughlin, 27, was traveling south in a Ford F-150 at 6:45 a.m. while the dump truck being driven by George R. Shaffer, 35, of McClellandtown was at a stop sign. Shaffer pulled out to cross Route 119 and the two collided, rolling the dump truck on its side, police said.
The truck was not carrying a load at the time of the accident.
Neither Shaffer, nor his passenger Jennifer A. Shaffer, 36, also of McClellandtown, was injured, police said.
No further information was available last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Puppeteer from city has talent
- 4 projects suggested for grant funding
- Dunbar authority to sign railroad accord
- New Fayette County assistant DA named
- Engine roar lures fans to Fayette County Fair Demolition Derby
- Earlier start, free meals among changes as Connellsville Area schools start Monday
- Daily Courier columnist knew, loved Connellsville community
- Record golf ball collection drives Connellsville native
- Barn fire no obstacle to opening of farm store near Dawson
- Fayette County man killed in ATV accident
- Fire heavily damages Connellsville home