Newsmaker: Ben Becze
Family: Wife, Elisa; two pet Whippets, Ella and Porter
Education: Earned a bachelor's degree in music from Geneva in 2000
Occupation: Director of alumni relations at Geneva College in Beaver Falls
Background: Becze has worked for Geneva since July 2007. Previously, he was a corporate relations manager for the United Way of Allegheny County. In his spare time, Becze plays the trumpet as a member of Trinity Jazz Orchestra, an 18-piece band.
Noteworthy: Becze was promoted in June from associate director of alumni relations to director. He is in charge of keeping more than 20,100 Geneva alumni connected to the college and its current students through mentoring programs, special alumni events and an alumni council.
Quote: "It's so exciting to be a part of the history, tradition and heritage of the alumni of Geneva College," he said. "It's really fun to promote our programs and get people engaged with our mission of Christian higher education."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ligonier Township police officer killed in wrong-way crash; K-9 injured
- Penguins notebook: Team hires director for Lemieux Complex
- Law enforcement officer dies of suspected “cardiac event” during Fayette County drug operation
- Starkey: Pirates’ trade of Snider still reeks
- March trade deficit swells 43% to 6-year high
- Franklin Regional senior’s film takes 2nd place in contest
- Penguins seek minority-owned firm to build Hill District residences
- Allegheny County Council votes down restaurant letter-grade proposal
- Photo gallery: Miracle League holds opening ceremonies in Murrysville
- Franklin Regional tax hike continues to drop
- Delmont Area Athletic Association has big plans