Newsmaker: Ben Becze
Family: Wife, Elisa; two pet Whippets, Ella and Porter
Education: Earned a bachelor's degree in music from Geneva in 2000
Occupation: Director of alumni relations at Geneva College in Beaver Falls
Background: Becze has worked for Geneva since July 2007. Previously, he was a corporate relations manager for the United Way of Allegheny County. In his spare time, Becze plays the trumpet as a member of Trinity Jazz Orchestra, an 18-piece band.
Noteworthy: Becze was promoted in June from associate director of alumni relations to director. He is in charge of keeping more than 20,100 Geneva alumni connected to the college and its current students through mentoring programs, special alumni events and an alumni council.
Quote: "It's so exciting to be a part of the history, tradition and heritage of the alumni of Geneva College," he said. "It's really fun to promote our programs and get people engaged with our mission of Christian higher education."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison open for larger role
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- Hines Ward appearing on ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’
- UPMC offers buyout to 3,500
- Ohio Township cake designer incorporates personal touch in creations
- Duquesne Club leader influenced Pittsburgh restaurant scene
- Pirates notebook: Struggling Polanco held out of starting lineup
- Pittsburgh shortens the party for Chesney fans
- Westmoreland shooting victim flown to Pittsburgh hospital
- Steelers’ Brown: Attendance ‘never a doubt’ for offseason workouts
- Live coverage tonight of Plum school board meeting