Newsmaker: Ben Becze
Family: Wife, Elisa; two pet Whippets, Ella and Porter
Education: Earned a bachelor's degree in music from Geneva in 2000
Occupation: Director of alumni relations at Geneva College in Beaver Falls
Background: Becze has worked for Geneva since July 2007. Previously, he was a corporate relations manager for the United Way of Allegheny County. In his spare time, Becze plays the trumpet as a member of Trinity Jazz Orchestra, an 18-piece band.
Noteworthy: Becze was promoted in June from associate director of alumni relations to director. He is in charge of keeping more than 20,100 Geneva alumni connected to the college and its current students through mentoring programs, special alumni events and an alumni council.
Quote: "It's so exciting to be a part of the history, tradition and heritage of the alumni of Geneva College," he said. "It's really fun to promote our programs and get people engaged with our mission of Christian higher education."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Staten scores 21 to lead West Virginia to upset of No. 17 Connecticut
- Horse racing industry banks on Wolf
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Lawrenceville boutique owners hope it’s lucky Number Fourteen
- Alle-Kiski Valley high school notebook: Track and field club coming to Leechburg
- Savings, aesthetics of LED praised, but streetlight conversion could cost Pittsburgh $13M
- Nevada speaker-elect steps down amid criticism
- Stores creating Thanksgiving dine-and-dash dilemma