Newsmaker: Ben Becze
Family: Wife, Elisa; two pet Whippets, Ella and Porter
Education: Earned a bachelor's degree in music from Geneva in 2000
Occupation: Director of alumni relations at Geneva College in Beaver Falls
Background: Becze has worked for Geneva since July 2007. Previously, he was a corporate relations manager for the United Way of Allegheny County. In his spare time, Becze plays the trumpet as a member of Trinity Jazz Orchestra, an 18-piece band.
Noteworthy: Becze was promoted in June from associate director of alumni relations to director. He is in charge of keeping more than 20,100 Geneva alumni connected to the college and its current students through mentoring programs, special alumni events and an alumni council.
Quote: "It's so exciting to be a part of the history, tradition and heritage of the alumni of Geneva College," he said. "It's really fun to promote our programs and get people engaged with our mission of Christian higher education."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- State trooper fatally shot during training exercise
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- NK grocery store robbed
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Pittsburgh rises up for a 2nd year of Pirates magic
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Gorman: Lincoln Park charade over