Newsmaker: Ben Becze
Family: Wife, Elisa; two pet Whippets, Ella and Porter
Education: Earned a bachelor's degree in music from Geneva in 2000
Occupation: Director of alumni relations at Geneva College in Beaver Falls
Background: Becze has worked for Geneva since July 2007. Previously, he was a corporate relations manager for the United Way of Allegheny County. In his spare time, Becze plays the trumpet as a member of Trinity Jazz Orchestra, an 18-piece band.
Noteworthy: Becze was promoted in June from associate director of alumni relations to director. He is in charge of keeping more than 20,100 Geneva alumni connected to the college and its current students through mentoring programs, special alumni events and an alumni council.
Quote: "It's so exciting to be a part of the history, tradition and heritage of the alumni of Geneva College," he said. "It's really fun to promote our programs and get people engaged with our mission of Christian higher education."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Paterno son, another ex-football assistant coach suing PSU
- Federal appeals courts disagree on Obamacare subsidies
- Pittsburgh officer honored for saving baby’s life
- Wolf says he’ll work with state legislature to deal with pension woes
- Officials to limit tailgating before Jason Aldean concert at PNC Park
- Mt. Lebanon lineman Hoffman commits to Penn
- Pittsburgh mayor promotes 3 officers, 2 firefighters
- Former Heinz Endowments director to head Allegheny County Parks Foundation
- Authorities seek help to ID man who left suspicious package on county executive’s car
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key