Newsmaker: Ben Becze
Family: Wife, Elisa; two pet Whippets, Ella and Porter
Education: Earned a bachelor's degree in music from Geneva in 2000
Occupation: Director of alumni relations at Geneva College in Beaver Falls
Background: Becze has worked for Geneva since July 2007. Previously, he was a corporate relations manager for the United Way of Allegheny County. In his spare time, Becze plays the trumpet as a member of Trinity Jazz Orchestra, an 18-piece band.
Noteworthy: Becze was promoted in June from associate director of alumni relations to director. He is in charge of keeping more than 20,100 Geneva alumni connected to the college and its current students through mentoring programs, special alumni events and an alumni council.
Quote: "It's so exciting to be a part of the history, tradition and heritage of the alumni of Geneva College," he said. "It's really fun to promote our programs and get people engaged with our mission of Christian higher education."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- 2 sentenced for avoiding arrest after Steelers player was stabbed
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- 6 cited for trespassing on UPMC property at union rally
- Coal, union rallies dot Pittsburgh landscape this week
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin
- Detour on Bower Hill Road to end Friday
- 5 Seconds of Summer announce 2015 tour
- Pirates think Mercer’s defense deserves more credit
- Rivers Casino sued by family of patron who died in car crash