Newsmaker: Ben Becze
Family: Wife, Elisa; two pet Whippets, Ella and Porter
Education: Earned a bachelor's degree in music from Geneva in 2000
Occupation: Director of alumni relations at Geneva College in Beaver Falls
Background: Becze has worked for Geneva since July 2007. Previously, he was a corporate relations manager for the United Way of Allegheny County. In his spare time, Becze plays the trumpet as a member of Trinity Jazz Orchestra, an 18-piece band.
Noteworthy: Becze was promoted in June from associate director of alumni relations to director. He is in charge of keeping more than 20,100 Geneva alumni connected to the college and its current students through mentoring programs, special alumni events and an alumni council.
Quote: "It's so exciting to be a part of the history, tradition and heritage of the alumni of Geneva College," he said. "It's really fun to promote our programs and get people engaged with our mission of Christian higher education."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn State rolls past Massachusetts
- Hurricane shattered Charleston, S.C., tested mayor 25 years ago
- Pitt notebook: Boyd has breakout performance in loss
- Climate change tops debt as budget threat, feds say
- Lending challenges, rehab costs thwart efforts to revitalize
- Pitt blows 10-point lead as Iowa rallies for win
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- Islamic State frees 49 hostages
- Hill District leaders irked as Penguins submit former Civic Arena site plan to city
- Ticks reduce moose population in northern states
- Penguins notebook: Crosby sits, could be out ‘couple days’