Newsmaker: Bernice Pagano
Age : 56
Residence : Washington
Family : Husband, William; three grown daughters
Occupation : Registered nurse in the ambulatory care unit at Canonsburg General Hospital, North Strabane; mentors new nursing staff and is a member of the hospital's Nurse Practice Council, which works on improving care. She has worked at Canonsburg General since 1984.
Education : Nursing diploma from Washington Hospital School of Nursing; bachelor's and master's degrees in nursing from Waynesburg University.
Noteworthy : Won the hospital's Cameos of Caring Award for 2009.
Quote: "The most satisfying part of my career is the knowledge that I can be directly involved in the education of staff members. It is extremely rewarding to work side by side with them and pass on needed information while performing skills and procedures in a stress-free, positive way."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. Treasurer McCord resigns without explanation, to leave Feb. 12
- Pitt’s 2015 schedule includes 5 road games in 1st 7 games
- BNY Mellon is putting iconic Citizens Bank Tower up for sale
- Beaver County man arrested in 24-year-old Clinton County cold case
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Beer spills onto Route 22 when delivery truck collides with coal truck
- Police stop car in Beltzhoover, find body in back seat
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Wintry mix of rain, freezing rain and snow bearing down on Pittsburgh area
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks