Newsmaker: Bernice Pagano
Age : 56
Residence : Washington
Family : Husband, William; three grown daughters
Occupation : Registered nurse in the ambulatory care unit at Canonsburg General Hospital, North Strabane; mentors new nursing staff and is a member of the hospital's Nurse Practice Council, which works on improving care. She has worked at Canonsburg General since 1984.
Education : Nursing diploma from Washington Hospital School of Nursing; bachelor's and master's degrees in nursing from Waynesburg University.
Noteworthy : Won the hospital's Cameos of Caring Award for 2009.
Quote: "The most satisfying part of my career is the knowledge that I can be directly involved in the education of staff members. It is extremely rewarding to work side by side with them and pass on needed information while performing skills and procedures in a stress-free, positive way."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates storm back with late rally to defeat Diamondbacks, 9-4
- Steelers’ Blake prefers secondary job
- Pirates notebook: Cole scratched from rehab start at Indianapolis
- Auto sales heat up in July on steep discounts
- McKeesport pipemaking plant idling delayed
- Locke’s difficulties continue thanks to old friends
- Steelers notebook: Team extends Suisham’s contract through 2018
- Rostraver police identify suspect in home invasion
- Police target 17 in Mon Valley drug investigation
- Pittsburgh New Music Ensemble closes season with dramatic revival
- All in favor of sewage accord between Allegheny Valley authority, regulators