Newsmaker: Bernice Pagano
Age : 56
Residence : Washington
Family : Husband, William; three grown daughters
Occupation : Registered nurse in the ambulatory care unit at Canonsburg General Hospital, North Strabane; mentors new nursing staff and is a member of the hospital's Nurse Practice Council, which works on improving care. She has worked at Canonsburg General since 1984.
Education : Nursing diploma from Washington Hospital School of Nursing; bachelor's and master's degrees in nursing from Waynesburg University.
Noteworthy : Won the hospital's Cameos of Caring Award for 2009.
Quote: "The most satisfying part of my career is the knowledge that I can be directly involved in the education of staff members. It is extremely rewarding to work side by side with them and pass on needed information while performing skills and procedures in a stress-free, positive way."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers sign 7th-rounder Holliman
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Outdoor notices: May 31, 2015
- Chesney fans flood the North Shore
- Mars doubles partners want more after getting PIAA bronze
- CBS’ Bob Schieffer is ready for retirement
- Soap Summary: Siblings Lulu and Nikolas commiserate over upsetting events
- Butler County spotlight athletes: May 31, 2015
- Lightning hits Rostraver home; child hurt
- Pittsburgh roots shape former Md. governor’s outlook in run for president
- ‘Two-party stranglehold’ on debates in group’s sights