Newsmaker: Bernice Pagano
Age : 56
Residence : Washington
Family : Husband, William; three grown daughters
Occupation : Registered nurse in the ambulatory care unit at Canonsburg General Hospital, North Strabane; mentors new nursing staff and is a member of the hospital's Nurse Practice Council, which works on improving care. She has worked at Canonsburg General since 1984.
Education : Nursing diploma from Washington Hospital School of Nursing; bachelor's and master's degrees in nursing from Waynesburg University.
Noteworthy : Won the hospital's Cameos of Caring Award for 2009.
Quote: "The most satisfying part of my career is the knowledge that I can be directly involved in the education of staff members. It is extremely rewarding to work side by side with them and pass on needed information while performing skills and procedures in a stress-free, positive way."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Robert Morris drops to 0-5 after overtime loss to New Mexico St.
- Southmoreland wrestling team takes old-school approach
- McIntyre students hope Buddy Bench is beneficial to all
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review athletes of the week: Sewickley Academy’s Jackson O’Neill, USC’s Emma Hasco
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Pittsburgh man charged with 56 counts after high-speed chase over weekend
- Sounds of Christmas coming to Fay-West region
- HObo Model Railroad Club display back in Connellsville
- Burrell school officials update education goals
- Congressman visits Kistaco Farm in Kiski Township