Newsmaker: Bernice Pagano
Age : 56
Residence : Washington
Family : Husband, William; three grown daughters
Occupation : Registered nurse in the ambulatory care unit at Canonsburg General Hospital, North Strabane; mentors new nursing staff and is a member of the hospital's Nurse Practice Council, which works on improving care. She has worked at Canonsburg General since 1984.
Education : Nursing diploma from Washington Hospital School of Nursing; bachelor's and master's degrees in nursing from Waynesburg University.
Noteworthy : Won the hospital's Cameos of Caring Award for 2009.
Quote: "The most satisfying part of my career is the knowledge that I can be directly involved in the education of staff members. It is extremely rewarding to work side by side with them and pass on needed information while performing skills and procedures in a stress-free, positive way."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Panthers fall to Hawaii in game they were expected to win
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- On senior day, Pitt not giving up the fight
- Fleury denied 300th win as Penguins lose to Islanders in shootout
- Crowds pack Downtown Pittsburgh to enjoy Light Up Night festivities
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- Health Center could reopen after court ruling
- Iron ore price decline hurts U.S. Steel’s cost advantage over rivals
- Police: Woman tried to start fire at neighbor’s house in Derry Township