Newsmaker: Bernice Pagano
Age : 56
Residence : Washington
Family : Husband, William; three grown daughters
Occupation : Registered nurse in the ambulatory care unit at Canonsburg General Hospital, North Strabane; mentors new nursing staff and is a member of the hospital's Nurse Practice Council, which works on improving care. She has worked at Canonsburg General since 1984.
Education : Nursing diploma from Washington Hospital School of Nursing; bachelor's and master's degrees in nursing from Waynesburg University.
Noteworthy : Won the hospital's Cameos of Caring Award for 2009.
Quote: "The most satisfying part of my career is the knowledge that I can be directly involved in the education of staff members. It is extremely rewarding to work side by side with them and pass on needed information while performing skills and procedures in a stress-free, positive way."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Zatkoff returns to team as Fleury’s backup
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Attorney General Holder, Justice Department target bias against transgender employees
- Federal injunction stops Arizona from enforcing policy of denying driver’s licenses to young immigrants
- NHL notebook: Jets acquire defenseman Harrison from Hurricanes
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Canadian woman who helped ducks gets prison in fatal crash
- Pitt offensive coordinator Rudolph considered hot coaching commodity
- Developer reveals Buncher plans for 400 Strip District apartments, townhomes
- Penguins’ Crosby details his mumps experience