Newsmaker: Bernice Pagano
Age : 56
Residence : Washington
Family : Husband, William; three grown daughters
Occupation : Registered nurse in the ambulatory care unit at Canonsburg General Hospital, North Strabane; mentors new nursing staff and is a member of the hospital's Nurse Practice Council, which works on improving care. She has worked at Canonsburg General since 1984.
Education : Nursing diploma from Washington Hospital School of Nursing; bachelor's and master's degrees in nursing from Waynesburg University.
Noteworthy : Won the hospital's Cameos of Caring Award for 2009.
Quote: "The most satisfying part of my career is the knowledge that I can be directly involved in the education of staff members. It is extremely rewarding to work side by side with them and pass on needed information while performing skills and procedures in a stress-free, positive way."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers sign former star LB Harrison; Tomlin talks ‘different climate’
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery
- Cranberry police trying to ID repeat burglary suspect
- Experts weighing in on how to fight Pa.’s heroin problem
- West Virginia notebook: Holgorsen likes energy level as Mountaineers head into bye week
- Attorney general rejects Tribune-Review request for ‘racy’ emails
- Jury acquits Stowe man of charges related to bar shooting
- Port Authority: Drivers ‘reckless’ before buses bumped, wrecking 1
- Steelers defense must replace 3 injured starters after victory
- Suspects in killing of 3 Israeli teens slain
- Pittsburgh teacher accused of choking, pushing student acquitted