Police: Sisters stab each other at Jennerstown motel; 1 dies
State police said they are investigating the stabbing death of a Somerset County woman who was involved in a violent argument with her sister at a Jennerstown motel.
Pam Tunstall, 45, of Central City was found stabbed at 9:37 p.m. Friday along the north berm of Route 30, about 200 yards from the Wishing Well Motel in Jennerstown, state police at Somerset said. Tunstall was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:30 p.m. as a result of multiple stab wounds, Somerset County Coroner Wilbur Miller said Sunday night.
Tunstall had several stab wounds in her neck and chest, police said. Emergency medical responders treated her at the scene.
Police said Eveyln Tunstall, 56, of Jennerstown, was stabbed by Pam Tunstall numerous times during a domestic dispute at the motel. But, the investigation revealed that some of the injuries Evelyn Tunstall sustained were self-inflicted, police said.
Evelyn Tunstall was taken to Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital in Johnstown for treatment. Additional information was not available yesterday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Interest high for Heinz Field soccer match
- NFL notebook: Broncos owner Bowlen has Alzheimer’s, steps down
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- S&P 500 reaches new heights
- Late afternoon fire destroys Manor home
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- VA settles three more Legionnaires’ cases
- Philly Nazi suspect dies as extradition request OK’d
- Fayette woman dies in fall from ATV on National Pike
- U.S. knew Islamist militants planned offensive in Iraq, lawmakers told
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont