Police: Sisters stab each other at Jennerstown motel; 1 dies
State police said they are investigating the stabbing death of a Somerset County woman who was involved in a violent argument with her sister at a Jennerstown motel.
Pam Tunstall, 45, of Central City was found stabbed at 9:37 p.m. Friday along the north berm of Route 30, about 200 yards from the Wishing Well Motel in Jennerstown, state police at Somerset said. Tunstall was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:30 p.m. as a result of multiple stab wounds, Somerset County Coroner Wilbur Miller said Sunday night.
Tunstall had several stab wounds in her neck and chest, police said. Emergency medical responders treated her at the scene.
Police said Eveyln Tunstall, 56, of Jennerstown, was stabbed by Pam Tunstall numerous times during a domestic dispute at the motel. But, the investigation revealed that some of the injuries Evelyn Tunstall sustained were self-inflicted, police said.
Evelyn Tunstall was taken to Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital in Johnstown for treatment. Additional information was not available yesterday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- Pitt football notebook: Panthers’ depth at RB, offensive line shows against Syracuse
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Man sets house fire, kills deputy
- Allegheny County adoption events joins 40 children with families
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- The bullet inside your body ‘becomes a part of you’
- Woman on dating site looks too good to be true: How to vet that pic
- Allegheny County buck may prove to be state’s largest ever taken