Police: Sisters stab each other at Jennerstown motel; 1 dies
State police said they are investigating the stabbing death of a Somerset County woman who was involved in a violent argument with her sister at a Jennerstown motel.
Pam Tunstall, 45, of Central City was found stabbed at 9:37 p.m. Friday along the north berm of Route 30, about 200 yards from the Wishing Well Motel in Jennerstown, state police at Somerset said. Tunstall was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:30 p.m. as a result of multiple stab wounds, Somerset County Coroner Wilbur Miller said Sunday night.
Tunstall had several stab wounds in her neck and chest, police said. Emergency medical responders treated her at the scene.
Police said Eveyln Tunstall, 56, of Jennerstown, was stabbed by Pam Tunstall numerous times during a domestic dispute at the motel. But, the investigation revealed that some of the injuries Evelyn Tunstall sustained were self-inflicted, police said.
Evelyn Tunstall was taken to Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital in Johnstown for treatment. Additional information was not available yesterday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Flyers continue mastery of Penguins at Consol
- Cops: Washington County surplus store sold stolen items
- Allegheny County D.A.’s office rounding up drug suspects
- Ferrante trial set to begin Thursday afternoon
- Canadians more fearful, aware after ‘very rare’ attack in Ottawa
- Highmark seeks double-digit increase for more benefits, heavy use
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Officials identify witness to Port Authority bus crash after releasing photo
- Wanted sex offender caught hiding in homemade fort in Washington County
- WPIAL, coaches are still looking to schedule Week 9 rivalry games