Police: Sisters stab each other at Jennerstown motel; 1 dies
State police said they are investigating the stabbing death of a Somerset County woman who was involved in a violent argument with her sister at a Jennerstown motel.
Pam Tunstall, 45, of Central City was found stabbed at 9:37 p.m. Friday along the north berm of Route 30, about 200 yards from the Wishing Well Motel in Jennerstown, state police at Somerset said. Tunstall was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:30 p.m. as a result of multiple stab wounds, Somerset County Coroner Wilbur Miller said Sunday night.
Tunstall had several stab wounds in her neck and chest, police said. Emergency medical responders treated her at the scene.
Police said Eveyln Tunstall, 56, of Jennerstown, was stabbed by Pam Tunstall numerous times during a domestic dispute at the motel. But, the investigation revealed that some of the injuries Evelyn Tunstall sustained were self-inflicted, police said.
Evelyn Tunstall was taken to Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital in Johnstown for treatment. Additional information was not available yesterday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- Mt. Lebanon staffers become hunters to attack deer problem
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Fayette County history could fetch big bucks at Ohio auction
- Penguins notebook: Winning home games crucial for Penguins
- O’Hara woman offers to help Sharpsburg handle stray cats
- Earlier openings make Black Friday shopping easier for bargain-hunters
- Health staffing company settles federal complaint it discriminated against HIV positive job applicant
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Company seeks to reopen coal mine in Nottingham, Washington County