Police: Sisters stab each other at Jennerstown motel; 1 dies
State police said they are investigating the stabbing death of a Somerset County woman who was involved in a violent argument with her sister at a Jennerstown motel.
Pam Tunstall, 45, of Central City was found stabbed at 9:37 p.m. Friday along the north berm of Route 30, about 200 yards from the Wishing Well Motel in Jennerstown, state police at Somerset said. Tunstall was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:30 p.m. as a result of multiple stab wounds, Somerset County Coroner Wilbur Miller said Sunday night.
Tunstall had several stab wounds in her neck and chest, police said. Emergency medical responders treated her at the scene.
Police said Eveyln Tunstall, 56, of Jennerstown, was stabbed by Pam Tunstall numerous times during a domestic dispute at the motel. But, the investigation revealed that some of the injuries Evelyn Tunstall sustained were self-inflicted, police said.
Evelyn Tunstall was taken to Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital in Johnstown for treatment. Additional information was not available yesterday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Burnett writing incredible final chapter
- Alvarez’s walk-off single lifts Pirates over Padres
- Sign ordinance on the horizon in West Kittanning
- Pirates notebook: Four players selected for All-Star Game
- Electric problem sparks McKeesport house fire
- West Mifflin Area’s reinstated music program proves to be sound success
- Glassport grocery closes for renovations
- Torn thumb ligament puts Pirates’ Harrison on 15-day disabled list
- Chicora man charged after entering East Franklin home
- East Allegheny school consolidations affect preschool programs
- Crazy Mocha owner likes comfort, says shrewd decisions foster growth