Police: Sisters stab each other at Jennerstown motel; 1 dies
State police said they are investigating the stabbing death of a Somerset County woman who was involved in a violent argument with her sister at a Jennerstown motel.
Pam Tunstall, 45, of Central City was found stabbed at 9:37 p.m. Friday along the north berm of Route 30, about 200 yards from the Wishing Well Motel in Jennerstown, state police at Somerset said. Tunstall was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:30 p.m. as a result of multiple stab wounds, Somerset County Coroner Wilbur Miller said Sunday night.
Tunstall had several stab wounds in her neck and chest, police said. Emergency medical responders treated her at the scene.
Police said Eveyln Tunstall, 56, of Jennerstown, was stabbed by Pam Tunstall numerous times during a domestic dispute at the motel. But, the investigation revealed that some of the injuries Evelyn Tunstall sustained were self-inflicted, police said.
Evelyn Tunstall was taken to Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital in Johnstown for treatment. Additional information was not available yesterday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 71-year-old among 2 charged in several Pittsburgh area burglaries
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game
- Rams cruise as soccer launches section play
- Leader Times roundup: West Shamokin volleyball team wins 1st match in Class AA
- Bell Township museum delighted to receive WWI uniform of prominent native son
- Playoff losses motivate West Mifflin boys soccer
- New Allegheny Valley Joint Sewage Authority manager welcomes challenge
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Remember the Lusitania!
- Principals question role of test scores in new evaluation process