Police: Sisters stab each other at Jennerstown motel; 1 dies
State police said they are investigating the stabbing death of a Somerset County woman who was involved in a violent argument with her sister at a Jennerstown motel.
Pam Tunstall, 45, of Central City was found stabbed at 9:37 p.m. Friday along the north berm of Route 30, about 200 yards from the Wishing Well Motel in Jennerstown, state police at Somerset said. Tunstall was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:30 p.m. as a result of multiple stab wounds, Somerset County Coroner Wilbur Miller said Sunday night.
Tunstall had several stab wounds in her neck and chest, police said. Emergency medical responders treated her at the scene.
Police said Eveyln Tunstall, 56, of Jennerstown, was stabbed by Pam Tunstall numerous times during a domestic dispute at the motel. But, the investigation revealed that some of the injuries Evelyn Tunstall sustained were self-inflicted, police said.
Evelyn Tunstall was taken to Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital in Johnstown for treatment. Additional information was not available yesterday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Greensburg Salem’s Howard shines at state meet
- Ligonier-based group sponsors rafting adventures to help ease veterans’ anxiety
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Experts: Clinton took dangerous path with email system
- Pirates pitcher Locke fighting for 5th spot in starting rotation
- Hempfield man charged with giving gun to teen girl
- Penguins’ Lovejoy embracing defensive pairing with Pouliot
- Kittanning YMCA offering fitness program unique to Pa.
- WVU’s Gee a president with broad interest in sports
- Pitt instructor witnesses history in China’s ‘Wasteland’
- Skater skirts and dresses look to heat up the spring