Man's body found along road in Green Township
Authorities in Indiana County are investigating the death of man whose body was discovered lying on a roadway early Saturday.
Indiana County Coroner Michael A. Baker said his office would conduct an autopsy in an attempt to determine what happened to Kenneth Eugene Stiles, 40, of White Township.
Stiles' body was discovered just before 3 a.m. Saturday on Vanderbilt Street in Commodore, Green Township. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:57 a.m.
"The precise circumstances surrounding Stiles' death are still not entirely clear," White said in a prepared statement. "While it is believed the victim was struck by a passing vehicle, there is additional information that he might also have been injured before the vehicle accident when he was assaulted after leaving a local bar a few minutes earlier."
Baker said it is not known if the two incidents are related.
The coroner and state police are investigating. The state police were unavailable for comment.
An autopsy will be conducted at the Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown. Toxicology tests are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Former Pittsburgh teacher to stand trial on felony charge involving student
- Bethel Park Police arrest 3 for thefts at Walmart
- Operating loss widens at Highmark parent
- VA, police looking into suicide by veteran outside O’Hara facility
- Pittsburgh diocese eliminates fees for marriage annulments
- District attorney will review grand jury’s report on AG Kane
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- Controversial McKeesport building destroyed by fire
- Man dies in jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield