Man's body found along road in Green Township
Authorities in Indiana County are investigating the death of man whose body was discovered lying on a roadway early Saturday.
Indiana County Coroner Michael A. Baker said his office would conduct an autopsy in an attempt to determine what happened to Kenneth Eugene Stiles, 40, of White Township.
Stiles' body was discovered just before 3 a.m. Saturday on Vanderbilt Street in Commodore, Green Township. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:57 a.m.
"The precise circumstances surrounding Stiles' death are still not entirely clear," White said in a prepared statement. "While it is believed the victim was struck by a passing vehicle, there is additional information that he might also have been injured before the vehicle accident when he was assaulted after leaving a local bar a few minutes earlier."
Baker said it is not known if the two incidents are related.
The coroner and state police are investigating. The state police were unavailable for comment.
An autopsy will be conducted at the Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown. Toxicology tests are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Rossi: Pirates’ post-Martin plan comes with a catch or 2
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Former NFL player humbly helped others
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- CMU grad’s FunBites make healthy food appeal to kids
- Concurrent Technologies focuses on developing batteries for renewable energy, electric cars
- Trade deals good way to add jobs, CEOs say
- ‘Big Mo’ ranks with A-K’s gridiron greats
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world
- Penguins notebook: Team exercising caution with Ehrhoff’s return from concussion