Man's body found along road in Green Township
Authorities in Indiana County are investigating the death of man whose body was discovered lying on a roadway early Saturday.
Indiana County Coroner Michael A. Baker said his office would conduct an autopsy in an attempt to determine what happened to Kenneth Eugene Stiles, 40, of White Township.
Stiles' body was discovered just before 3 a.m. Saturday on Vanderbilt Street in Commodore, Green Township. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:57 a.m.
"The precise circumstances surrounding Stiles' death are still not entirely clear," White said in a prepared statement. "While it is believed the victim was struck by a passing vehicle, there is additional information that he might also have been injured before the vehicle accident when he was assaulted after leaving a local bar a few minutes earlier."
Baker said it is not known if the two incidents are related.
The coroner and state police are investigating. The state police were unavailable for comment.
An autopsy will be conducted at the Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown. Toxicology tests are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- Community comes together to mourn death of St. Clair police officer
- Muslim civil rights group seeks investigation into shooting of Pittsburgh taxi driver
- Pennsylvania Game Commission reaps revenue from shale gas under game lands
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall