Man's body found along road in Green Township
Authorities in Indiana County are investigating the death of man whose body was discovered lying on a roadway early Saturday.
Indiana County Coroner Michael A. Baker said his office would conduct an autopsy in an attempt to determine what happened to Kenneth Eugene Stiles, 40, of White Township.
Stiles' body was discovered just before 3 a.m. Saturday on Vanderbilt Street in Commodore, Green Township. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:57 a.m.
"The precise circumstances surrounding Stiles' death are still not entirely clear," White said in a prepared statement. "While it is believed the victim was struck by a passing vehicle, there is additional information that he might also have been injured before the vehicle accident when he was assaulted after leaving a local bar a few minutes earlier."
Baker said it is not known if the two incidents are related.
The coroner and state police are investigating. The state police were unavailable for comment.
An autopsy will be conducted at the Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown. Toxicology tests are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins assistant Martin gets new job title
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Phone scam from Jamaica reported in Allegheny County
- Police charge women with theft and fraud; one at large
- Selig: Pirates’ rebirth a positive step for baseball
- Four people wounded in North Braddock shooting
- Fire forces North Side residents from apartments
- Bacteria found in bread factory not a health hazard, company says
- Developer pursues application for Strip District apartments
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade