Man's body found along road in Green Township
Authorities in Indiana County are investigating the death of man whose body was discovered lying on a roadway early Saturday.
Indiana County Coroner Michael A. Baker said his office would conduct an autopsy in an attempt to determine what happened to Kenneth Eugene Stiles, 40, of White Township.
Stiles' body was discovered just before 3 a.m. Saturday on Vanderbilt Street in Commodore, Green Township. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:57 a.m.
"The precise circumstances surrounding Stiles' death are still not entirely clear," White said in a prepared statement. "While it is believed the victim was struck by a passing vehicle, there is additional information that he might also have been injured before the vehicle accident when he was assaulted after leaving a local bar a few minutes earlier."
Baker said it is not known if the two incidents are related.
The coroner and state police are investigating. The state police were unavailable for comment.
An autopsy will be conducted at the Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown. Toxicology tests are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Marte’s 2 fine defensive plays rescue Pirates in victory over Reds
- Comets hold life building blocks
- Rossi: Nothing huge, but Huntington helped Bucs
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played
- Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP Happ
- Inside The Steelers: LB Williams dominates backs-on-backers drill at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
- 2 wounded in Munhall, Homestead drive-by shootings
- 2014 showing has Steelers RB Harris confident he belongs
- LaBar: Piper’s influence can’t be understated
- Gas meter struck, road temporarily closed near Armbrust Wesleyan Church
- Franklin Regional grad Novak carries Excelloy to summer league title