Man's body found along road in Green Township
Authorities in Indiana County are investigating the death of man whose body was discovered lying on a roadway early Saturday.
Indiana County Coroner Michael A. Baker said his office would conduct an autopsy in an attempt to determine what happened to Kenneth Eugene Stiles, 40, of White Township.
Stiles' body was discovered just before 3 a.m. Saturday on Vanderbilt Street in Commodore, Green Township. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:57 a.m.
"The precise circumstances surrounding Stiles' death are still not entirely clear," White said in a prepared statement. "While it is believed the victim was struck by a passing vehicle, there is additional information that he might also have been injured before the vehicle accident when he was assaulted after leaving a local bar a few minutes earlier."
Baker said it is not known if the two incidents are related.
The coroner and state police are investigating. The state police were unavailable for comment.
An autopsy will be conducted at the Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown. Toxicology tests are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- The bullet inside your body ‘becomes a part of you’
- Machinists ranked No. 1 occupation by Department of Labor
- Church to host hunter breakfast
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Alle-Kiski Valley slips into the holiday spirit with Light Up Night festivities
- Economy offers mixed outlook for gold
- Small retailers at intersection of social networks, foot traffic