Man's body found along road in Green Township
Authorities in Indiana County are investigating the death of man whose body was discovered lying on a roadway early Saturday.
Indiana County Coroner Michael A. Baker said his office would conduct an autopsy in an attempt to determine what happened to Kenneth Eugene Stiles, 40, of White Township.
Stiles' body was discovered just before 3 a.m. Saturday on Vanderbilt Street in Commodore, Green Township. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:57 a.m.
"The precise circumstances surrounding Stiles' death are still not entirely clear," White said in a prepared statement. "While it is believed the victim was struck by a passing vehicle, there is additional information that he might also have been injured before the vehicle accident when he was assaulted after leaving a local bar a few minutes earlier."
Baker said it is not known if the two incidents are related.
The coroner and state police are investigating. The state police were unavailable for comment.
An autopsy will be conducted at the Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown. Toxicology tests are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- Informant who believed life was in danger to testify
- State looks into UPMC complaint that Highmark violated agreement
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- City poised to pay firm $250k to handle lawsuit over housing funds
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Quaker Valley names new high school principal
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Point State Park honored as top-notch public space
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized