Indiana County man sought in fatal Northern Cambria beating
Cambria County authorities are searching for an Indiana County man for questioning in connection with the brutal beating death of a 79-year-old Cambria County man.
State police said Sherman Lynn Holes, 40, of Cherry Creek, is wanted for questioning in connection with the June 30 beating of Arthur "Arch" Henry, who died of multiple head injuries three days later.
State police at Ebensburg said Henry was attacked in his mobile home at 509 Eighth St., Northern Cambria.
On July 10, police arrested Brenda Romagna, 38, of Coalport, Indiana County, for hindering apprehension and multiple drug offenses. Police allege that Romagna was hiding Holes in her Forest Street home even though she knew he was wanted for questioning.
However, Holes fled before troopers arrived.
Romagna is being held in the Indiana County Jail in lieu of $15,000 bond.
Holes is wanted in Clearfield County on a bench warrant for failure to appear for a court hearing and theft and receiving stolen property.
Holes is described as a white male about 5 feet 10 inches tall, 220 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.
Anyone with information about Holes is asked to telephone state police at Ebensburg at 814-471-6500.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- Rossi: Roethlisberger staging big comeback
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Rockies’ 7-run 7th-inning dooms Pirates in 8-1 loss
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- Homicide detectives investigating death of East Hills infant
- Phony physician wanted in Fayette also sought in Nebraska
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board suspends in-store tastings
- Wall of Valor to honor North Strabane man’s heroism
- Pirates notebook: Cole to make rehab start at Indianapolis on Monday