Indiana County man sought in fatal Northern Cambria beating
Cambria County authorities are searching for an Indiana County man for questioning in connection with the brutal beating death of a 79-year-old Cambria County man.
State police said Sherman Lynn Holes, 40, of Cherry Creek, is wanted for questioning in connection with the June 30 beating of Arthur "Arch" Henry, who died of multiple head injuries three days later.
State police at Ebensburg said Henry was attacked in his mobile home at 509 Eighth St., Northern Cambria.
On July 10, police arrested Brenda Romagna, 38, of Coalport, Indiana County, for hindering apprehension and multiple drug offenses. Police allege that Romagna was hiding Holes in her Forest Street home even though she knew he was wanted for questioning.
However, Holes fled before troopers arrived.
Romagna is being held in the Indiana County Jail in lieu of $15,000 bond.
Holes is wanted in Clearfield County on a bench warrant for failure to appear for a court hearing and theft and receiving stolen property.
Holes is described as a white male about 5 feet 10 inches tall, 220 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.
Anyone with information about Holes is asked to telephone state police at Ebensburg at 814-471-6500.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins confident Pouliot will be healthy, ready for camp
- Facebook fans fancy ‘I’m So Greensburg’
- FSU star QB Winston working to improve on, off field
- Penn State football team savors cultural experience
- Hundred Wood reclaims part of Point Park’s Downtown Pittsburgh campus
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- First Draft: Sometimes, aging a batch of brew is worth the wait
- Small Pittsburgh theaters are big hits with movie-theme parties
- Alpha sizing aims to simplify clothes shopping for casual wear
- Fashion FYI: Pittsburgh artists create fashion specs for charity
- Former longtime Steelers publicist Kiely dies