Indiana County man sought in fatal Northern Cambria beating
Cambria County authorities are searching for an Indiana County man for questioning in connection with the brutal beating death of a 79-year-old Cambria County man.
State police said Sherman Lynn Holes, 40, of Cherry Creek, is wanted for questioning in connection with the June 30 beating of Arthur "Arch" Henry, who died of multiple head injuries three days later.
State police at Ebensburg said Henry was attacked in his mobile home at 509 Eighth St., Northern Cambria.
On July 10, police arrested Brenda Romagna, 38, of Coalport, Indiana County, for hindering apprehension and multiple drug offenses. Police allege that Romagna was hiding Holes in her Forest Street home even though she knew he was wanted for questioning.
However, Holes fled before troopers arrived.
Romagna is being held in the Indiana County Jail in lieu of $15,000 bond.
Holes is wanted in Clearfield County on a bench warrant for failure to appear for a court hearing and theft and receiving stolen property.
Holes is described as a white male about 5 feet 10 inches tall, 220 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.
Anyone with information about Holes is asked to telephone state police at Ebensburg at 814-471-6500.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Firefighters extinguish fire that damages 6 cabs at Yellow Cab Co.
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Reading’s ‘ugly’ Christmas tree getting single red bulb
- Boyce Park to open ski season Friday
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Western Pa. business owners urge shoppers to think small
- Media websites hacked by Syrian Electronic Army
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points
- Turkey Trot runners turn out to burn calories despite chilly Pittsburgh temps