Indiana County man sought in fatal Northern Cambria beating
Cambria County authorities are searching for an Indiana County man for questioning in connection with the brutal beating death of a 79-year-old Cambria County man.
State police said Sherman Lynn Holes, 40, of Cherry Creek, is wanted for questioning in connection with the June 30 beating of Arthur "Arch" Henry, who died of multiple head injuries three days later.
State police at Ebensburg said Henry was attacked in his mobile home at 509 Eighth St., Northern Cambria.
On July 10, police arrested Brenda Romagna, 38, of Coalport, Indiana County, for hindering apprehension and multiple drug offenses. Police allege that Romagna was hiding Holes in her Forest Street home even though she knew he was wanted for questioning.
However, Holes fled before troopers arrived.
Romagna is being held in the Indiana County Jail in lieu of $15,000 bond.
Holes is wanted in Clearfield County on a bench warrant for failure to appear for a court hearing and theft and receiving stolen property.
Holes is described as a white male about 5 feet 10 inches tall, 220 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.
Anyone with information about Holes is asked to telephone state police at Ebensburg at 814-471-6500.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Pitt’s potent rushing attack could slow down the passing game
- Steelers defense must replace three injured starters after victory
- Penguins boast several good blueliners with point-producing skills
- Existing home sales fall in August, snapping streak of gains
- South Park boys soccer thriving by easing burden on its stars
- Business roundup: 10M units of latest iPhone sold in 1st weekend; GM ignition switch death count rises to 21; more
- Pittsburgh Fashion Week 2014 opens to sold-out crowd on South Side
- Winston: Lessons obviously not learned
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team
- Mt. Pleasant Scout creates drop box for flag disposal