Suit: New Castle policeman roughed up pair
A Lawrence County woman filed a federal lawsuit Friday alleging that she and her father were roughed up by a New Castle police officer.
Angela Lynn Banks of Enon Valley accused Officer Justin Crum of charging onto the porch of her father, Thomas Dryfuse, arresting him and slamming him on the police car after her father asked the officer to turn off his spotlight on June 14 in New Castle. When Banks called 911 to complain, the officer arrested her and shocked her with a Taser, according to the lawsuit.
Banks and her husband, Thomas G. Banks Jr., sued Crum and the city of New Castle. They are seeking monetary damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- New approach on offense has Pirates in playoff contention this season
- Pitt football coach Chryst refutes analyst Wannstedt’s opinion
- Wheel separation incidents can prove deadly; NTSB doesn’t track them
- Man found shot dead in Penn Hills
- Woman killed in crash on Birmingham Bridge
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Woman killed after car hits tree in Norvelt
- Police investigate Hempfield fight
- Crosby appreciates his relationship with Penguins fans