Suit: New Castle policeman roughed up pair
A Lawrence County woman filed a federal lawsuit Friday alleging that she and her father were roughed up by a New Castle police officer.
Angela Lynn Banks of Enon Valley accused Officer Justin Crum of charging onto the porch of her father, Thomas Dryfuse, arresting him and slamming him on the police car after her father asked the officer to turn off his spotlight on June 14 in New Castle. When Banks called 911 to complain, the officer arrested her and shocked her with a Taser, according to the lawsuit.
Banks and her husband, Thomas G. Banks Jr., sued Crum and the city of New Castle. They are seeking monetary damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ligonier Township police officer killed in wrong-way crash; K-9 injured
- Starkey: Pirates’ trade of Snider still reeks
- Teen killed when car strikes Monongahela building
- Pitt joins Giant Eagle, sets goal to put more disabled on payroll
- 7 arrested in Greensburg street argument
- Pittsburgh Marathon runner remains in critical condition
- Crews dodge ammunition fighting house fire in Penn Hills
- Photo gallery: Franklin Regional holds prom at Heinz Field
- Former Charleroi Area, Elizabeth Forward soccer coach charged in drug sweep
- Steelers are banking on linebackers to improve strength of defense
- Dispute over iconic McKeesport lounge headed back to court