Suit: New Castle policeman roughed up pair
A Lawrence County woman filed a federal lawsuit Friday alleging that she and her father were roughed up by a New Castle police officer.
Angela Lynn Banks of Enon Valley accused Officer Justin Crum of charging onto the porch of her father, Thomas Dryfuse, arresting him and slamming him on the police car after her father asked the officer to turn off his spotlight on June 14 in New Castle. When Banks called 911 to complain, the officer arrested her and shocked her with a Taser, according to the lawsuit.
Banks and her husband, Thomas G. Banks Jr., sued Crum and the city of New Castle. They are seeking monetary damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Analyst says Pa. senate race leans toward Toomey — because Democrats ‘loathe’ Sestak
- Developer hopes to make Allegheny Center a tech hub
- Starkey: Patriots’ legacy forever stained
- Natrona Heights native helped bring ‘American Ninja Warrior’ to Pittsburgh
- Police confiscate heroin, phones, cash in North Versailles bust
- Charges dismissed against former Westmoreland jail guard accused of sex with inmate
- Plum witnesses seen entering grand jury building in Dormont
- 2 from Westmoreland County charged in child porn investigation