Suit: New Castle policeman roughed up pair
A Lawrence County woman filed a federal lawsuit Friday alleging that she and her father were roughed up by a New Castle police officer.
Angela Lynn Banks of Enon Valley accused Officer Justin Crum of charging onto the porch of her father, Thomas Dryfuse, arresting him and slamming him on the police car after her father asked the officer to turn off his spotlight on June 14 in New Castle. When Banks called 911 to complain, the officer arrested her and shocked her with a Taser, according to the lawsuit.
Banks and her husband, Thomas G. Banks Jr., sued Crum and the city of New Castle. They are seeking monetary damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- Wintry weather in forecast for Mon-Yough area
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Race for Pennsylvania’s 39th Legislative District one to watch
- Police: Man wanted in fatal ambush of Pennsylvania trooper finally captured
- Twin Rivers COG takes another step toward finalizing merger with Steel Valley
- McKeesport basketball tournament to assist homeless veterans