Suit: New Castle policeman roughed up pair
A Lawrence County woman filed a federal lawsuit Friday alleging that she and her father were roughed up by a New Castle police officer.
Angela Lynn Banks of Enon Valley accused Officer Justin Crum of charging onto the porch of her father, Thomas Dryfuse, arresting him and slamming him on the police car after her father asked the officer to turn off his spotlight on June 14 in New Castle. When Banks called 911 to complain, the officer arrested her and shocked her with a Taser, according to the lawsuit.
Banks and her husband, Thomas G. Banks Jr., sued Crum and the city of New Castle. They are seeking monetary damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, killing one on Route 28
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- School bus accident in Pleasant Hills sends 4 to the hospital
- Rollover crash kills 1 in Plum
- Snow removal crews from Pennsylvania hit the road to help Buffalo
- Penn State defense proves among best in school history
- Philadelphia hospital evaluating patient for Ebola
- New assistant Agnew has Pens’ PK, defense among league’s best