Suit: New Castle policeman roughed up pair
A Lawrence County woman filed a federal lawsuit Friday alleging that she and her father were roughed up by a New Castle police officer.
Angela Lynn Banks of Enon Valley accused Officer Justin Crum of charging onto the porch of her father, Thomas Dryfuse, arresting him and slamming him on the police car after her father asked the officer to turn off his spotlight on June 14 in New Castle. When Banks called 911 to complain, the officer arrested her and shocked her with a Taser, according to the lawsuit.
Banks and her husband, Thomas G. Banks Jr., sued Crum and the city of New Castle. They are seeking monetary damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015
- Loose barges on the Mon highlight woes of winter’s end
- Police investigate fatal shooting in West Mifflin
- Starkey: In defense of Mel Kiper Jr.
- 14 more arrested in connection with drug trafficking ring
- Penguins forwards struggle in loss to Avalanche
- Angry fans cited in shortage of refs in Western Pennsylvania
- Springdale Twp. police car crashes into veterinary clinic
- Wolf’s Pa. budget plan seen as having almost no chance
- Mt. Lebanon deer-culling corrals sprayed with urine, repellent
- Pirates look to put more pressure on opposition with better baserunning