Suit: New Castle policeman roughed up pair
A Lawrence County woman filed a federal lawsuit Friday alleging that she and her father were roughed up by a New Castle police officer.
Angela Lynn Banks of Enon Valley accused Officer Justin Crum of charging onto the porch of her father, Thomas Dryfuse, arresting him and slamming him on the police car after her father asked the officer to turn off his spotlight on June 14 in New Castle. When Banks called 911 to complain, the officer arrested her and shocked her with a Taser, according to the lawsuit.
Banks and her husband, Thomas G. Banks Jr., sued Crum and the city of New Castle. They are seeking monetary damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- Steelworkers scoff at ATI earnings claim
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- New Kensington firemen honor fallen brother, ‘hero’
- Board members bring business attitude to nonprofit August Wilson
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- Vintage drive-in theaters’ prices, upgrades still draw in Western Pa.
- Pitt basketball team starting to get injured players back
- Morton inconsistent, Pirates’ bats go quiet in 5-0 loss to Rockies