Suit: New Castle policeman roughed up pair
A Lawrence County woman filed a federal lawsuit Friday alleging that she and her father were roughed up by a New Castle police officer.
Angela Lynn Banks of Enon Valley accused Officer Justin Crum of charging onto the porch of her father, Thomas Dryfuse, arresting him and slamming him on the police car after her father asked the officer to turn off his spotlight on June 14 in New Castle. When Banks called 911 to complain, the officer arrested her and shocked her with a Taser, according to the lawsuit.
Banks and her husband, Thomas G. Banks Jr., sued Crum and the city of New Castle. They are seeking monetary damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in prescription narcotics operation
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts; fallout from oil and gas decline
- Wintry mix of rain, freezing rain and snow bearing down on Pittsburgh area
- Pitt’s 2015 schedule includes 5 road games in 1st 7 games
- Pa. Treasurer McCord resigns without explanation, to leave Feb. 12
- 2 arrested in Wilkinsburg shooting
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- Uber gains PUC approval to operate in most of Pa. for 2 years
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Beer spills onto Route 22 when delivery truck collides with coal truck