Suit: New Castle policeman roughed up pair
A Lawrence County woman filed a federal lawsuit Friday alleging that she and her father were roughed up by a New Castle police officer.
Angela Lynn Banks of Enon Valley accused Officer Justin Crum of charging onto the porch of her father, Thomas Dryfuse, arresting him and slamming him on the police car after her father asked the officer to turn off his spotlight on June 14 in New Castle. When Banks called 911 to complain, the officer arrested her and shocked her with a Taser, according to the lawsuit.
Banks and her husband, Thomas G. Banks Jr., sued Crum and the city of New Castle. They are seeking monetary damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt survives Oakland’s upset bid with overtime victory
- Authorities investigating grocery store robberies Plum, Monroeville
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- N.Y. reports crime decrease, credits ‘broken windows’
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- NHL notebook: Blue Jackets lose Jenner to back fracture
- 4 Afghans freed from Guantanamo
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Teenager who attacked California Highway Patrol officer with machete shot, killed
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions