Charleroi man, girlfriend charged after domestic dispute
A Charleroi man and his pregnant girlfriend were arrested Saturday after he allegedly told police he punched her in the mouth because "all she does is smoke crack cocaine."
Richard Lee Jackson, 50, and Tracey Lynne Ward, 42, were charged after police went to their 700 First St. home at 4:41 p.m.
According to an affidavit of probable cause filed by K-9 officer William Gardner, Ward told police that Jackson punched her in the mouth, causing her to bleed.
Jackson told police that Ward, who is seven months pregnant, "smokes crack cocaine constantly, even with her two small children, ages 3 and 5, in her care."
The affidavit states that Jackson told police to open a coffee table in their residence, where police found two burnt pipes, a burnt spoon and other paraphernalia used to smoke rock cocaine.
Police said the children were in the house at the time.
The children's uncle, Howard Jerolaman, picked them up from the scene.
Their father, Allen Hamilton, has custody of the children and Ward has them on the weekends, according to the affidavit, which said Children and Youth Services was notified about the situation.
Jackson was charged with simple assault and taken to Washington County Correctional Facility on a $5,000 percentage bond.
Ward was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and two counts of endangering the welfare of children and taken to the jail on a $5,000 straight cash bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Student: Ex-Titan chased him, friends before crash
- Pirates defeat Braves, 3-2, clinch NL playoff spot for 2nd consecutive season
- Tomlin says practice will determine LB Harrison’s role
- Pirates notebook: Pirates prepare for playoff berth celebration
- Aging natural gaslines pose hidden threat
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery
- Steelers notebook: Archer shooting for return vs. Buccaneers
- Penguins blanked at Columbus, 2-0
- Port Authority: Drivers ‘reckless’ before buses bumped, 1 went over hillside
- State Sen. Jim Ferlo: ‘I’m gay. Get over it. I love it’
- Penguins notebook: Crosby practices for 1st time since opening of camp