Aliquippa man sentenced in Florida on child porn charges
A Beaver County man will serve 10 years in prison for promotion and distribution of child pornography, a federal judge in Pensacola, Fla., decided.
Robert J. Kloss Jr., 37, of Aliquippa struck up a conversation with an undercover Pensacola police detective in the "Naturalists and Nudists" Yahoo! chat room and claimed he had two minor children, according to the affidavit for his arrest.
The detective said he also had two minor children, and Kloss then began a series of conversations discussing having sex with minors in which he sent the detective links to child pornography websites, according to the affidavit. A search of Kloss's computer showed he was having similar chats with several other people.
U.S. District Judge Lacey Collier on Tuesday also sentenced Kloss to 20 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Western Pennsylvania workers’ names echo different career paths
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- New heart failure drug works much better than current treatment, study finds
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne