Aliquippa man sentenced in Florida on child porn charges
A Beaver County man will serve 10 years in prison for promotion and distribution of child pornography, a federal judge in Pensacola, Fla., decided.
Robert J. Kloss Jr., 37, of Aliquippa struck up a conversation with an undercover Pensacola police detective in the "Naturalists and Nudists" Yahoo! chat room and claimed he had two minor children, according to the affidavit for his arrest.
The detective said he also had two minor children, and Kloss then began a series of conversations discussing having sex with minors in which he sent the detective links to child pornography websites, according to the affidavit. A search of Kloss's computer showed he was having similar chats with several other people.
U.S. District Judge Lacey Collier on Tuesday also sentenced Kloss to 20 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- 3 area teams eliminated
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Grants boost tunnel, trail work in Clarion and Armstrong counties
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Ford City joining growing fight against blight
- Girls’ soccer sites set
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert