Aliquippa man sentenced in Florida on child porn charges
A Beaver County man will serve 10 years in prison for promotion and distribution of child pornography, a federal judge in Pensacola, Fla., decided.
Robert J. Kloss Jr., 37, of Aliquippa struck up a conversation with an undercover Pensacola police detective in the "Naturalists and Nudists" Yahoo! chat room and claimed he had two minor children, according to the affidavit for his arrest.
The detective said he also had two minor children, and Kloss then began a series of conversations discussing having sex with minors in which he sent the detective links to child pornography websites, according to the affidavit. A search of Kloss's computer showed he was having similar chats with several other people.
U.S. District Judge Lacey Collier on Tuesday also sentenced Kloss to 20 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Cole scratched from rehab start at Indianapolis
- Fired-up McNamara races to victory in Liberty Mile
- Police: Body found beneath Tarentum Bridge is jumper
- Steelers notebook: Team extends Suisham’s contract through 2018
- Locke’s difficulties continue thanks to old friends
- Churches putting faith in social media
- City of Asylum app shines light on North Side
- Pitt suspends cornerback Howard
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- White House redacts CIA torture report
- House OKs bill to address border crisis