Aliquippa man sentenced in Florida on child porn charges
A Beaver County man will serve 10 years in prison for promotion and distribution of child pornography, a federal judge in Pensacola, Fla., decided.
Robert J. Kloss Jr., 37, of Aliquippa struck up a conversation with an undercover Pensacola police detective in the "Naturalists and Nudists" Yahoo! chat room and claimed he had two minor children, according to the affidavit for his arrest.
The detective said he also had two minor children, and Kloss then began a series of conversations discussing having sex with minors in which he sent the detective links to child pornography websites, according to the affidavit. A search of Kloss's computer showed he was having similar chats with several other people.
U.S. District Judge Lacey Collier on Tuesday also sentenced Kloss to 20 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Attorney General Kane injured in auto accident
- Medical examiner emphatic: Klein died as a result of cyanide poisoning
- Pa. trooper ambush suspect Frein in court after long manhunt
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- Keith Rothfus is the right choice
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Rossi: The best Penguins defense is ... a potent offense
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents