Aliquippa man sentenced in Florida on child porn charges
A Beaver County man will serve 10 years in prison for promotion and distribution of child pornography, a federal judge in Pensacola, Fla., decided.
Robert J. Kloss Jr., 37, of Aliquippa struck up a conversation with an undercover Pensacola police detective in the "Naturalists and Nudists" Yahoo! chat room and claimed he had two minor children, according to the affidavit for his arrest.
The detective said he also had two minor children, and Kloss then began a series of conversations discussing having sex with minors in which he sent the detective links to child pornography websites, according to the affidavit. A search of Kloss's computer showed he was having similar chats with several other people.
U.S. District Judge Lacey Collier on Tuesday also sentenced Kloss to 20 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kobani emerges as pivot point
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Georgia Tech runs all over mistake-prone Pitt
- Play to watch: Colts, Luck like to confuse defenses
- Motorcyclist flown to Pittsburgh hospital from Tarentum wreck
- Frye: Chronic wasting disease news and hunter trends
- West Virginia whips Oklahoma State for fourth straight win
- New rules may be in offing for some special trout streams
- Wolf in Leechburg: ‘Get it right this time’ in the election for Pa. governor
- Predators GM Poile: Penguins’ firing of Shero not fair
- Springdale sets tone early, routs Riverview