Aliquippa man sentenced in Florida on child porn charges
A Beaver County man will serve 10 years in prison for promotion and distribution of child pornography, a federal judge in Pensacola, Fla., decided.
Robert J. Kloss Jr., 37, of Aliquippa struck up a conversation with an undercover Pensacola police detective in the "Naturalists and Nudists" Yahoo! chat room and claimed he had two minor children, according to the affidavit for his arrest.
The detective said he also had two minor children, and Kloss then began a series of conversations discussing having sex with minors in which he sent the detective links to child pornography websites, according to the affidavit. A search of Kloss's computer showed he was having similar chats with several other people.
U.S. District Judge Lacey Collier on Tuesday also sentenced Kloss to 20 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- 1 intruder killed, another injured in Carrick home invasion
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- Latrobe’s Ci Medical Technologies transforms to medical device business
- Ukrainian festival will go on in McKees Rocks despite crisis in homeland
- Clemson’s Stoudt is one of the unheralded ACC QBs trying to break out
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session
- Pirates notebook: Polanco, Puig held out of series opener
- Mercer restoration company turns junk into repurposed treasure
- Dodgers rough up rusty starter Volquez, knock off Pirates at PNC Park