Aliquippa man sentenced in Florida on child porn charges
A Beaver County man will serve 10 years in prison for promotion and distribution of child pornography, a federal judge in Pensacola, Fla., decided.
Robert J. Kloss Jr., 37, of Aliquippa struck up a conversation with an undercover Pensacola police detective in the "Naturalists and Nudists" Yahoo! chat room and claimed he had two minor children, according to the affidavit for his arrest.
The detective said he also had two minor children, and Kloss then began a series of conversations discussing having sex with minors in which he sent the detective links to child pornography websites, according to the affidavit. A search of Kloss's computer showed he was having similar chats with several other people.
U.S. District Judge Lacey Collier on Tuesday also sentenced Kloss to 20 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Firefighters extinguish fire that damages 6 cabs at Yellow Cab Co.
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- Reading’s ‘ugly’ Christmas tree getting single red bulb
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points
- Boyce Park to open ski season Friday
- Turkey Trot runners turn out to burn calories despite chilly Pittsburgh temps
- North Huntingdon restaurant owners want to ‘give you that little bit above and beyond’