Aliquippa man sentenced in Florida on child porn charges
A Beaver County man will serve 10 years in prison for promotion and distribution of child pornography, a federal judge in Pensacola, Fla., decided.
Robert J. Kloss Jr., 37, of Aliquippa struck up a conversation with an undercover Pensacola police detective in the "Naturalists and Nudists" Yahoo! chat room and claimed he had two minor children, according to the affidavit for his arrest.
The detective said he also had two minor children, and Kloss then began a series of conversations discussing having sex with minors in which he sent the detective links to child pornography websites, according to the affidavit. A search of Kloss's computer showed he was having similar chats with several other people.
U.S. District Judge Lacey Collier on Tuesday also sentenced Kloss to 20 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Allegheny County budget proposal sidesteps tax increase, boosts jail spending
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- Hampton’s Balish, GCC’s Zambruno capture WPIAL girls golf titles
- Cat found shot with arrow in Penn Township expected to survive
- Road crews are dealing with oil and sealant spills on roadways
- Mexico’s army chief denies troops involved in massacre
- State Supreme Court concludes hearing on UPMC-Highmark Medicare case
- Out-of-control car strikes four vehicles, building in Verona