Aliquippa man sentenced in Florida on child porn charges
A Beaver County man will serve 10 years in prison for promotion and distribution of child pornography, a federal judge in Pensacola, Fla., decided.
Robert J. Kloss Jr., 37, of Aliquippa struck up a conversation with an undercover Pensacola police detective in the "Naturalists and Nudists" Yahoo! chat room and claimed he had two minor children, according to the affidavit for his arrest.
The detective said he also had two minor children, and Kloss then began a series of conversations discussing having sex with minors in which he sent the detective links to child pornography websites, according to the affidavit. A search of Kloss's computer showed he was having similar chats with several other people.
U.S. District Judge Lacey Collier on Tuesday also sentenced Kloss to 20 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opponents of McCandless Walmart take fight to court
- Some Thomas Jefferson HS parents told to bring more appropriate clothes to school for their kids
- Paramedics rescue flip-flop-wearing man from steep hillside
- Preseason valuable for Steelers’ offensive line
- Steelers wrap lackluster preseason with loss to Panthers
- Defense can see, not copy tape, Westmoreland County judge rules
- West Mifflin fire displaces family
- End in sight for Route 28 construction
- Ex-Pittsburgh teacher settles discrimination suit
- Penguins confident Pouliot will be healthy, ready for camp
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights