Aliquippa man sentenced in Florida on child porn charges
A Beaver County man will serve 10 years in prison for promotion and distribution of child pornography, a federal judge in Pensacola, Fla., decided.
Robert J. Kloss Jr., 37, of Aliquippa struck up a conversation with an undercover Pensacola police detective in the "Naturalists and Nudists" Yahoo! chat room and claimed he had two minor children, according to the affidavit for his arrest.
The detective said he also had two minor children, and Kloss then began a series of conversations discussing having sex with minors in which he sent the detective links to child pornography websites, according to the affidavit. A search of Kloss's computer showed he was having similar chats with several other people.
U.S. District Judge Lacey Collier on Tuesday also sentenced Kloss to 20 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kang’s 9th-inning home run gives Pirates wild victory over Twins
- Rossi: ‘Hockey guy’ Sutter will be missed
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- 5 face trial in beating of black man in Pittsburgh
- Penguins trade Sutter to Canucks, sign free agent center Fehr
- Van Halen plays plenty of favorites in First Niagara show
- More than 100 stamp bags confiscated in Greensburg; 4 arrested
- Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell gets suspension, fine reduced
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Sutter: Staal effect felt on 3rd line with Penguins