Aliquippa man sentenced in Florida on child porn charges
A Beaver County man will serve 10 years in prison for promotion and distribution of child pornography, a federal judge in Pensacola, Fla., decided.
Robert J. Kloss Jr., 37, of Aliquippa struck up a conversation with an undercover Pensacola police detective in the "Naturalists and Nudists" Yahoo! chat room and claimed he had two minor children, according to the affidavit for his arrest.
The detective said he also had two minor children, and Kloss then began a series of conversations discussing having sex with minors in which he sent the detective links to child pornography websites, according to the affidavit. A search of Kloss's computer showed he was having similar chats with several other people.
U.S. District Judge Lacey Collier on Tuesday also sentenced Kloss to 20 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man found dead in Lower Burrell
- Plum students protest orders to keep mum about sex cases
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Lawyers present procedural arguments for AG Kane’s contempt hearing
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Mylan rejects Teva’s $40 billion takeover bid
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Reports grim for Pennsylvania’s state-run veterans homes