Aliquippa man sentenced in Florida on child porn charges
A Beaver County man will serve 10 years in prison for promotion and distribution of child pornography, a federal judge in Pensacola, Fla., decided.
Robert J. Kloss Jr., 37, of Aliquippa struck up a conversation with an undercover Pensacola police detective in the "Naturalists and Nudists" Yahoo! chat room and claimed he had two minor children, according to the affidavit for his arrest.
The detective said he also had two minor children, and Kloss then began a series of conversations discussing having sex with minors in which he sent the detective links to child pornography websites, according to the affidavit. A search of Kloss's computer showed he was having similar chats with several other people.
U.S. District Judge Lacey Collier on Tuesday also sentenced Kloss to 20 years of probation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Chiefs notebook: Trip not intentional, Walker maintains
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Steelers clinch playoff berth with win over Chiefs
- Government survey: More teens trying out e-cigarettes than real thing
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Nigeria’s Islamic terrorist Boko Haram group poses threat to Cameroon
- District attorney prosecutors move on to state office
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- New Swash machine touted as option for in-home garment care
- Chamber of Commerce’s water boy
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status