Somerset man faces 150 charges in child sex assaults
A Somerset man remains in jail after police filed more than 150 charges against him, many related to the alleged sexual assault of eight children.
John Wayne Hinton, 62, of 132 E. Sanner St. was arrested by Somerset police and is being held in the county jail on a $300,000 straight bond.
The charges filed with Somerset District Judge Arthur Cook include one count of rape, 26 counts of aggravated indecent assault, 26 counts of indecent assault, five counts of indecent exposure, eight counts of endangering the welfare of children, eight counts of corruption of minors, 50 counts of child pornography and 50 counts of obscene/sexual materials.
Police said the assaults occurred from May 2010 through July of this year.
On Aug. 2, two females reported Hinton assaulted them, according to court records. When questioned, Hinton admitted assaulting eight girls at two locations in Somerset.
All of the girls were younger than 13, police said. One child was 4, police said.
He admitted taking nude photographs of the girls, according to police.
Earlier this month, an analysis of Hinton's camera cards revealed numerous digital nude photos of children, police said.
Hinton faces a preliminary hearing today before Cook.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies in jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Big names highlight Three Rivers Arts Festival’s 2015 musical lineup
- Police investigate pair of fatal rush hour incidents in Shaler, Marshall
- Monessen police investigating drive-by shooting
- Penguins notebook: Flyers’ success in Pittsburgh stems from power play
- Developer delays renovation plans for Northway Mall
- Husband of accused drug-dealing teacher faces his own drug, intimidation charges
- Pirates notebook: Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut
- Stand up for Indiana
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack