Newsmaker: Anne Marie Witchger Hansen
Noteworthy : Hansen worked with the nonprofit Brother's Brother Foundation in the North Side to arrange shipment of much-needed mattresses, hospital beds and refurbished stainless-steel operating tables to three rural clinics operated by religious groups in Tanzania, Africa. The supplies were sent Oct. 12. The journey will take about two months.
Age : 59.
Residence : Beaver.
Occupation : Assistant professor in Duquesne University's department of occupational therapy.
Background : Hansen and others from the department of occupational therapy traveled to Tanzania in the summer to conduct a "service-learning research trip." Hansen has researched occupational therapy in the country throughout her career. She conducted a medical needs assessment for the government, hospitals and health centers and clinics.
Education : Hansen earned a doctorate in professional educational leadership at Duquesne University; a master's degree in administrative leadership and adult education from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; and a bachelor's degree in occupational therapy from Mount Mary College in Milwaukee.
Quote : "When I returned, I presented the assessment to the Brother's Brother Foundation, which followed up by securing donations of the items and organizing their transport to Tanzania."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Rossi: Pirates foolish to bet on Burnett return
- Steelers notebook: No decision on surgery for rookie CB Golson
- Spirit ending nonstop flights from Arnold Palmer Regional to Chicago, Las Vegas
- Rain postpones Pirates-Cubs game
- Steelers’ Mitchell taking cautious approach about dealing with injuries
- Authorities identify 2 men killed in fiery crash in Pittsburgh
- Police: Florida man arrested for hitting, dragging Dunbar Township man with truck
- Power still out for hundreds of customers in Western Pa. after storms
- Thirsty pit bull turned on Arnold neighbors
- Inside the Steelers: Wide array of receiving options shine