Newsmaker: Anne Marie Witchger Hansen
Noteworthy : Hansen worked with the nonprofit Brother's Brother Foundation in the North Side to arrange shipment of much-needed mattresses, hospital beds and refurbished stainless-steel operating tables to three rural clinics operated by religious groups in Tanzania, Africa. The supplies were sent Oct. 12. The journey will take about two months.
Age : 59.
Residence : Beaver.
Occupation : Assistant professor in Duquesne University's department of occupational therapy.
Background : Hansen and others from the department of occupational therapy traveled to Tanzania in the summer to conduct a "service-learning research trip." Hansen has researched occupational therapy in the country throughout her career. She conducted a medical needs assessment for the government, hospitals and health centers and clinics.
Education : Hansen earned a doctorate in professional educational leadership at Duquesne University; a master's degree in administrative leadership and adult education from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; and a bachelor's degree in occupational therapy from Mount Mary College in Milwaukee.
Quote : "When I returned, I presented the assessment to the Brother's Brother Foundation, which followed up by securing donations of the items and organizing their transport to Tanzania."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport Area fourth-grader thrilled with gift from White Oak Lions Club
- Students reference positive ‘Frozen’-themed lessons
- Elizabeth Forward marks 35th year of senior holiday breakfast
- Samples show Plumcreek gas leaks aren’t methane
- Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director
- House fire quickly snuffed in Ford City
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Armstrong County adopts $20.7 million budget, maintains tax rate
- Hustle from young team could pay off for Elizabeth Forward wrestling
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Project Joy lifts Christmas spirits at Armstrong County Health Center