Lisa Ling to speak about life experiences
Lisa Ling will speak at 7 p.m. Nov. 16 in the Blair County Convention Center.
As a field correspondent for "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and contributor to ABC News' "Nightline" and National Geographic's "Explorer," Ling has reported from dozens of countries, covering stories about gang rape in the Congo, bride burning in India and the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda.
Ling got her start covering the war in Afghanistan. She went on to become a co-host of ABC's hit show "The View."
Ling is contributing editor of USA Today's USA Weekend magazine. She is co-author of "Mother, Sister, Daughter, Bride: Rituals of Womanhood," and "Somewhere Inside: One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home," written with her sister, Laura.
Ling's presentation, "The Importance of a Global Perspective," recounts stories that changed her life. She will talk about travel and going beyond one's comfort zone.
Tickets are $25 and may be purchased online at www.altoona.psu.edu/tickets or by calling 814-949-5091.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Review: Score, costumes shine in Pittsburgh Public Theater’s ‘My Fair Lady’
- Second lawsuit filed against Gov. Wolf seeking reinstatement of open records director
- Review: Stylish whodunit ‘The Loft’ doesn’t reach narrative heights
- Snow can be positive for garden, but negatives can be a slippery slope
- Prison artists add works to Braddock Carnegie’s art-lending library
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette County
- Pirates sign 2 to minor league deals
- ‘Black or White’ leaves Kevin Costner spent — emotionally and financially
- State of Corruption: The McCord scandal
- Crash closes Pittsburgh Street in Springdale