Lisa Ling to speak about life experiences
Lisa Ling will speak at 7 p.m. Nov. 16 in the Blair County Convention Center.
As a field correspondent for "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and contributor to ABC News' "Nightline" and National Geographic's "Explorer," Ling has reported from dozens of countries, covering stories about gang rape in the Congo, bride burning in India and the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda.
Ling got her start covering the war in Afghanistan. She went on to become a co-host of ABC's hit show "The View."
Ling is contributing editor of USA Today's USA Weekend magazine. She is co-author of "Mother, Sister, Daughter, Bride: Rituals of Womanhood," and "Somewhere Inside: One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home," written with her sister, Laura.
Ling's presentation, "The Importance of a Global Perspective," recounts stories that changed her life. She will talk about travel and going beyond one's comfort zone.
Tickets are $25 and may be purchased online at www.altoona.psu.edu/tickets or by calling 814-949-5091.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Chesney fans flood the North Shore to party
- Construction worker dies in Wilkinsburg
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Steelers sign last of eight players drafted in 2015
- Padres snap Pirates’ 7-game win streak
- Point Park graduate’s ‘mugshot’ photos hit nerve on racism
- East Franklin family held at gunpoint in Arnold; no one hurt
- Former city police chief released from federal prison
- Pittsburgh roots shape former Md. governor’s outlook in run for president
- Paddleboard classes focus on fitness
- Pittsburgh’s HealthyRide system begins launch Sunday