Lisa Ling to speak about life experiences
Lisa Ling will speak at 7 p.m. Nov. 16 in the Blair County Convention Center.
As a field correspondent for "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and contributor to ABC News' "Nightline" and National Geographic's "Explorer," Ling has reported from dozens of countries, covering stories about gang rape in the Congo, bride burning in India and the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda.
Ling got her start covering the war in Afghanistan. She went on to become a co-host of ABC's hit show "The View."
Ling is contributing editor of USA Today's USA Weekend magazine. She is co-author of "Mother, Sister, Daughter, Bride: Rituals of Womanhood," and "Somewhere Inside: One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home," written with her sister, Laura.
Ling's presentation, "The Importance of a Global Perspective," recounts stories that changed her life. She will talk about travel and going beyond one's comfort zone.
Tickets are $25 and may be purchased online at www.altoona.psu.edu/tickets or by calling 814-949-5091.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sestak kicks off U.S. Senate campaign — with a couple missteps
- Owner of Strip District nightclub Ivy agrees to close after shooting
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- U.S. clears police officer in Ferguson case, criticizes police force
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Police: Suspect in 1970 cold case homicide of 17-year-old dies days before charges filed
- Shania’s first tour in 11 years includes Pittsburgh stop
- PennDOT alerts drivers to numerous road closures due to flooding, debris
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world