Lisa Ling to speak about life experiences
Lisa Ling will speak at 7 p.m. Nov. 16 in the Blair County Convention Center.
As a field correspondent for "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and contributor to ABC News' "Nightline" and National Geographic's "Explorer," Ling has reported from dozens of countries, covering stories about gang rape in the Congo, bride burning in India and the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda.
Ling got her start covering the war in Afghanistan. She went on to become a co-host of ABC's hit show "The View."
Ling is contributing editor of USA Today's USA Weekend magazine. She is co-author of "Mother, Sister, Daughter, Bride: Rituals of Womanhood," and "Somewhere Inside: One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home," written with her sister, Laura.
Ling's presentation, "The Importance of a Global Perspective," recounts stories that changed her life. She will talk about travel and going beyond one's comfort zone.
Tickets are $25 and may be purchased online at www.altoona.psu.edu/tickets or by calling 814-949-5091.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Pirates notebook: New acquisition Happ more than happy to fill spot in rotation
- Bin Laden relatives among crash casualties
- Architecture: Visionaries saw buildings but not the political surroundings
- Zimbabwe suspends hunts amid outcry over lion’s death
- Western Pa. prosecutors zero in on human trafficking; legislation pending
- Mercer Co. woman charged in husband’s shooting death
- Former Steeler Mendenhall relishes writing for HBO’s ‘Ballers’
- Motorcyclist injured in Sewickley Township
- Snake bites on the rise in Western Pa.
- Road Trip! Destination: Cuyahoga Valley National Park