Lisa Ling to speak about life experiences
Lisa Ling will speak at 7 p.m. Nov. 16 in the Blair County Convention Center.
As a field correspondent for "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and contributor to ABC News' "Nightline" and National Geographic's "Explorer," Ling has reported from dozens of countries, covering stories about gang rape in the Congo, bride burning in India and the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda.
Ling got her start covering the war in Afghanistan. She went on to become a co-host of ABC's hit show "The View."
Ling is contributing editor of USA Today's USA Weekend magazine. She is co-author of "Mother, Sister, Daughter, Bride: Rituals of Womanhood," and "Somewhere Inside: One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home," written with her sister, Laura.
Ling's presentation, "The Importance of a Global Perspective," recounts stories that changed her life. She will talk about travel and going beyond one's comfort zone.
Tickets are $25 and may be purchased online at www.altoona.psu.edu/tickets or by calling 814-949-5091.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy TV’s odds
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- MLB notebook: Astros fire manager amid dismal season
- Coping with Kids: Gear up and get powered
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally