Lisa Ling to speak about life experiences
Lisa Ling will speak at 7 p.m. Nov. 16 in the Blair County Convention Center.
As a field correspondent for "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and contributor to ABC News' "Nightline" and National Geographic's "Explorer," Ling has reported from dozens of countries, covering stories about gang rape in the Congo, bride burning in India and the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda.
Ling got her start covering the war in Afghanistan. She went on to become a co-host of ABC's hit show "The View."
Ling is contributing editor of USA Today's USA Weekend magazine. She is co-author of "Mother, Sister, Daughter, Bride: Rituals of Womanhood," and "Somewhere Inside: One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home," written with her sister, Laura.
Ling's presentation, "The Importance of a Global Perspective," recounts stories that changed her life. She will talk about travel and going beyond one's comfort zone.
Tickets are $25 and may be purchased online at www.altoona.psu.edu/tickets or by calling 814-949-5091.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Attorney General Kane injured in auto accident
- Fingerprint expert says defendant’s prints were on cyanide bottle
- Pa. trooper ambush suspect Frein in court after long manhunt
- Feeling refreshed, Coraopolis’ Keaton soars again with big part
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Rossi: The best Penguins defense is ... a potent offense
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay