Lisa Ling to speak about life experiences
Lisa Ling will speak at 7 p.m. Nov. 16 in the Blair County Convention Center.
As a field correspondent for "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and contributor to ABC News' "Nightline" and National Geographic's "Explorer," Ling has reported from dozens of countries, covering stories about gang rape in the Congo, bride burning in India and the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda.
Ling got her start covering the war in Afghanistan. She went on to become a co-host of ABC's hit show "The View."
Ling is contributing editor of USA Today's USA Weekend magazine. She is co-author of "Mother, Sister, Daughter, Bride: Rituals of Womanhood," and "Somewhere Inside: One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home," written with her sister, Laura.
Ling's presentation, "The Importance of a Global Perspective," recounts stories that changed her life. She will talk about travel and going beyond one's comfort zone.
Tickets are $25 and may be purchased online at www.altoona.psu.edu/tickets or by calling 814-949-5091.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bars bulge at the seams night before Thanksgiving
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Protesters march on Oakland streets
- Pirates star McCutchen marries in private ceremony
- A la carte: Turkey rescue and tips
- Mt. Pleasant Armory to deliver Thanksgiving dinner
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ isn’t about bosses at all
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- NFL notebook: Bills will play at home Sunday
- Feds accused of bullying state over police test
- Latrobe hockey spending 2-week layoff ‘fine-tuning’