Lisa Ling to speak about life experiences
Lisa Ling will speak at 7 p.m. Nov. 16 in the Blair County Convention Center.
As a field correspondent for "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and contributor to ABC News' "Nightline" and National Geographic's "Explorer," Ling has reported from dozens of countries, covering stories about gang rape in the Congo, bride burning in India and the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda.
Ling got her start covering the war in Afghanistan. She went on to become a co-host of ABC's hit show "The View."
Ling is contributing editor of USA Today's USA Weekend magazine. She is co-author of "Mother, Sister, Daughter, Bride: Rituals of Womanhood," and "Somewhere Inside: One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home," written with her sister, Laura.
Ling's presentation, "The Importance of a Global Perspective," recounts stories that changed her life. She will talk about travel and going beyond one's comfort zone.
Tickets are $25 and may be purchased online at www.altoona.psu.edu/tickets or by calling 814-949-5091.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Beaver DA believes girls might have lived had dad responded faster
- Truck crashes into Dairy Queen, five injured in Penn Hills
- Contract with prison counselors ratified
- After 40 years, Wyo. fossil trove to get another look
- Man snatches purse behind mall
- Allegheny County public works director resigns post
- 1 dead, 2 hurt in Pennsylvania hospital shooting
- American kids have false idea of their weight status, CDC says
- City, Jordan Miles continue fight over legal costs