Newsmaker: Holly Branthoover
Noteworthy: Branthoover received the 2011 Pennsylvania Counselor Association President's Award. The association is affiliated with the American Counseling Association, a 600-member organization that promotes the growth of the counseling profession.
Residence: Belle Vernon
Occupation: Associate professor at Indiana University of Pennsylvania; associate in a private therapy practice, North Hills Psychological Services
Background: Branthoover is a past president of the state association, in addition to holding other leadership positions. She is a nationally certified counselor and a licensed professional counselor in the state.
Education: Bachelor's degree, IUP, 1993; master's degree, Duquesne University, 1998; doctorate in counselor education and supervision, Duquesne, 2005
Quote: "As a counselor, one of the things that's really important is professional identity, and one way to stay involved is professional organizations. It's helpful for my teaching, and it's helpful for my private practice. It's good for us to be visible."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Like it or not, Reigns is rising with Royal Rumble win
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- First quarter nightmare for Monessen
- Senator opens Connellsville office
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Radioactive radon permeates Western Pennsylvania homes
- Breen, North Catholic top West Mifflin
- Pittsburgh diocese campaign big success
- Bloomfield bookstore owner bucks naysayers
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Serra Catholic’s Sieg learning to lead in senior season