Newsmaker: Holly Branthoover
Noteworthy: Branthoover received the 2011 Pennsylvania Counselor Association President's Award. The association is affiliated with the American Counseling Association, a 600-member organization that promotes the growth of the counseling profession.
Residence: Belle Vernon
Occupation: Associate professor at Indiana University of Pennsylvania; associate in a private therapy practice, North Hills Psychological Services
Background: Branthoover is a past president of the state association, in addition to holding other leadership positions. She is a nationally certified counselor and a licensed professional counselor in the state.
Education: Bachelor's degree, IUP, 1993; master's degree, Duquesne University, 1998; doctorate in counselor education and supervision, Duquesne, 2005
Quote: "As a counselor, one of the things that's really important is professional identity, and one way to stay involved is professional organizations. It's helpful for my teaching, and it's helpful for my private practice. It's good for us to be visible."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PixController of Murrysville honored by Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania for camera trained on Pittsburgh eagle nest
- Rossi: Pirates must land Lester
- Fallowfield Township increases road crew
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- Layoffs possible at 5 state system schools, including Edinboro, Clarion
- Fire causes Blairsville bar to collapse, flames spread to neighboring building
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Pirates notebook: Trade rumors for Red Sox pitcher Lester still swirling
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- Antiques appraiser shares expertise with Mon Valley crowd