Newsmaker: Holly Branthoover
Noteworthy: Branthoover received the 2011 Pennsylvania Counselor Association President's Award. The association is affiliated with the American Counseling Association, a 600-member organization that promotes the growth of the counseling profession.
Residence: Belle Vernon
Occupation: Associate professor at Indiana University of Pennsylvania; associate in a private therapy practice, North Hills Psychological Services
Background: Branthoover is a past president of the state association, in addition to holding other leadership positions. She is a nationally certified counselor and a licensed professional counselor in the state.
Education: Bachelor's degree, IUP, 1993; master's degree, Duquesne University, 1998; doctorate in counselor education and supervision, Duquesne, 2005
Quote: "As a counselor, one of the things that's really important is professional identity, and one way to stay involved is professional organizations. It's helpful for my teaching, and it's helpful for my private practice. It's good for us to be visible."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Perry: Guardsmen needed at Mexican border to handle criminals
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Rossi: Roethlisberger staging big comeback
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- Rockies’ 7-run 7th-inning dooms Pirates in 8-1 loss
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Tri-state Tea Party group aims to broaden its appeal to conservatives
- Report blames pilot for 2011 Hawaii crash that killed Pittsburgh couple
- Motorcycle runs off road in Butler County, kills Shaler man
- Monroeville oxycodone dealer to spend 10 years in prison