Newsmaker: Holly Branthoover
Noteworthy: Branthoover received the 2011 Pennsylvania Counselor Association President's Award. The association is affiliated with the American Counseling Association, a 600-member organization that promotes the growth of the counseling profession.
Residence: Belle Vernon
Occupation: Associate professor at Indiana University of Pennsylvania; associate in a private therapy practice, North Hills Psychological Services
Background: Branthoover is a past president of the state association, in addition to holding other leadership positions. She is a nationally certified counselor and a licensed professional counselor in the state.
Education: Bachelor's degree, IUP, 1993; master's degree, Duquesne University, 1998; doctorate in counselor education and supervision, Duquesne, 2005
Quote: "As a counselor, one of the things that's really important is professional identity, and one way to stay involved is professional organizations. It's helpful for my teaching, and it's helpful for my private practice. It's good for us to be visible."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno dies, hospital says
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- With most starters resting, Steelers turn in lackluster loss at Heinz
- Experts warn Kane’s Haiti trip might jeopardize any case from 2014 wiretap
- Dozen injured when dump truck rear-ends Port Authority bus near Rankin Bridge
- Vick supporters, opponents demonstrate before Steelers’ game, but coexist
- Steelers notebook: Thomas, Moats only starting defensive players to see action vs. Panthers
- Gay couple receives marriage license from controversial Ky. clerk’s office
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto: Public has stake in Penguins
- Judge will not recuse himself from Scaife case
- Gorman: Friday night to be strange without Fedko