Newsmaker: Holly Branthoover
Noteworthy: Branthoover received the 2011 Pennsylvania Counselor Association President's Award. The association is affiliated with the American Counseling Association, a 600-member organization that promotes the growth of the counseling profession.
Residence: Belle Vernon
Occupation: Associate professor at Indiana University of Pennsylvania; associate in a private therapy practice, North Hills Psychological Services
Background: Branthoover is a past president of the state association, in addition to holding other leadership positions. She is a nationally certified counselor and a licensed professional counselor in the state.
Education: Bachelor's degree, IUP, 1993; master's degree, Duquesne University, 1998; doctorate in counselor education and supervision, Duquesne, 2005
Quote: "As a counselor, one of the things that's really important is professional identity, and one way to stay involved is professional organizations. It's helpful for my teaching, and it's helpful for my private practice. It's good for us to be visible."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- SWAT team responds to incident in Edgeworth
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- Inside the glass: Sutter takes puck to face
- Jack Reacher visits Europe in Lee Child’s latest, ‘Personal’
- Western Pa. colleges to emphasize curricula for energy, industrial fields
- Pitt blows 10-point lead as Iowa rallies for win
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Technical difficulties: Living with the angst of a digital diet
- S. Africa’s Beukes revisits America in ‘Broken Monsters’
- Pittsburgh region’s covered bridges perfect for scenic fall drives
- Every room should participate in selling home, experts say