Newsmaker: Holly Branthoover
Noteworthy: Branthoover received the 2011 Pennsylvania Counselor Association President's Award. The association is affiliated with the American Counseling Association, a 600-member organization that promotes the growth of the counseling profession.
Residence: Belle Vernon
Occupation: Associate professor at Indiana University of Pennsylvania; associate in a private therapy practice, North Hills Psychological Services
Background: Branthoover is a past president of the state association, in addition to holding other leadership positions. She is a nationally certified counselor and a licensed professional counselor in the state.
Education: Bachelor's degree, IUP, 1993; master's degree, Duquesne University, 1998; doctorate in counselor education and supervision, Duquesne, 2005
Quote: "As a counselor, one of the things that's really important is professional identity, and one way to stay involved is professional organizations. It's helpful for my teaching, and it's helpful for my private practice. It's good for us to be visible."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- PA Cyber Charter School employees to vote on union representation
- NHL notebook: Former Penguin Despres gets $18.5 million deal from Ducks
- Backlash against Merkel over migrant flow grows
- MLB notebook: Mariners fire McClendon after 2 seasons as manager
- Pittsburgh VA finds more Legionella bacteria in O’Hara campus
- Nobel Peace Prize goes to Tunisia groups united to foster political diaglogue
- Yatesboro teen died from artery anomaly
- Homeless shelter alleges Allegheny County blocked its federal funding
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game