Newsmaker: Holly Branthoover
Noteworthy: Branthoover received the 2011 Pennsylvania Counselor Association President's Award. The association is affiliated with the American Counseling Association, a 600-member organization that promotes the growth of the counseling profession.
Residence: Belle Vernon
Occupation: Associate professor at Indiana University of Pennsylvania; associate in a private therapy practice, North Hills Psychological Services
Background: Branthoover is a past president of the state association, in addition to holding other leadership positions. She is a nationally certified counselor and a licensed professional counselor in the state.
Education: Bachelor's degree, IUP, 1993; master's degree, Duquesne University, 1998; doctorate in counselor education and supervision, Duquesne, 2005
Quote: "As a counselor, one of the things that's really important is professional identity, and one way to stay involved is professional organizations. It's helpful for my teaching, and it's helpful for my private practice. It's good for us to be visible."
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Beachum, Williams hurting but could play vs. Bengals
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Economy police release sketch of woman whose embalmed head was found in wooded area
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Penguins’ Sutter, Downie, Greiss being tested for mumps, ruled out
- Marcellus driller Vantage Energy to pay nearly $1M for Greene County well problems
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- WPIAL players named to Class AAA, A all-state teams
- Rex Energy spills flowback on Butler County wellpad, says DEP
- Steelers offense learning to slam door