Share This Page

3rd man charged in Indiana holdup

A third man has been charged in a November armed robbery in Indiana Borough, and a warrant has been issued for the arrest of a fourth, police said.

Samuel Gooden, 20, of McKeesport and Tarique Godson, 19, of Vandergrift were charged last month in the Nov. 11 holdup at 785 Maple St., police said.

Both were charged before District Judge Guy Haberl with burglary, conspiracy, robbery and receiving stolen property.

Gooden is free on $5,000 bond. Police have not yet located Godson.

Canuel Jean-Louis, 19, of Philadelphia and Jarret T. King, 18, of Manassas, Va., were charged soon after the incident with armed robbery, burglary, terroristic threats and aggravated assault for allegedly taking clothing, wallets, cellphones and a jar of marijuana from the residence.

Trey Campman told police that on Nov. 11 he and several friends had a small party at his home, according to a criminal complaint.

He said three men who appeared to be friends of a guest arrived and "partied." After Chapman and two friends fell asleep, the three men returned uninvited, the complaint said.

Two of the men went upstairs while the third pulled out a handgun, the complaint said. The man "pistol whipped" one of Campman's friends in the head and face, turned the gun on Campman and threatened to shoot, then took numerous items from the home, Campman told police.

Jean-Louis and King were charged with aggravated assault, robbery, conspiracy, terroristic threats, simple assault and theft. They were arraigned before District Judge Susanne Steffee.

Jean-Louis remains in the Indiana County Jail on $250,000 bond. King is free on $25,000 bond.

Anyone with information on Godson's whereabouts is asked to contact police at 724-349-2121.

All four are scheduled for preliminary hearings on March 8 before Haberl.

TribLIVE commenting policy

You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.

We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.

While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.

We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers

We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.

We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.

We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.

We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.