Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Kennedy man shot in home, medical examiner’s office says
- Paterno son, another ex-football assistant coach suing PSU
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases
- Chrysler recalls up to 792K Jeep SUVs for ignition switch defect
- NFL notebook: Dungy clarifies Sam comments
- Earnings mood turns more upbeat, gives stock market a boost
- St. Pius to host church festival on Sunday
- Man shot and killed in Homewood
- Stricter tailgating rules in place for Aldean show at PNC Park