Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Through the years: Highlands routed Franklin Regional to clinch conference title
- VND High school football notebook: Local flavor enhances Penn Hills, other playoff teams
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- How to avoid Amazon and still get deals
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- ‘Bend and dent’ store opening in Rural Valley
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- LaBar: Updated WWE Network numbers, its future
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Friends take to social media to recall Herminie teen