Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kobani emerges as pivot point
- Georgia Tech runs all over mistake-prone Pitt
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Play to watch: Colts, Luck like to confuse defenses
- Motorcyclist flown to Pittsburgh hospital from Tarentum wreck
- West Virginia whips Oklahoma State for 4th straight win
- Frye: Chronic wasting disease news and hunter trends
- New rules may be in offing for some special trout streams
- Predators GM Poile: Penguins’ firing of Shero not fair
- Wolf in Leechburg: ‘Get it right this time’ in the election for Pa. governor
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment