Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Pirates’ Polanco runs into rookie wall
- Biertempfel: First base becoming new hot corner for Pirates
- 3 wrecks Saturday keep emergency responders busy
- Starkey: Pitt does its duty
- Pirates edge Reds, 3-2, for 4th consecutive victory
- Pitt cruises past Delaware in season opener
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett’s Medicaid change expected to have little impact with voters
- Pirates minor league report: Bell concluding breakout season
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision