Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- Steelers notebook: Shoulder pads get technological boost for Ravens game
- Report: Man jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Pirates notebook: Marte to begin rehab stint at Triple-A Saturday
- First Draft: Iron City recognizes need to get crafty
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Extra cash? Andrew Carnegie’s waterfront mansion in Florida is up for grabs
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ blasts Marvel in a different direction
- Spaling, Penguins agree to $4.4 million deal
- EPA talks on pollution limits trigger protests, arrests Downtown