Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt upsets No. 8 Notre Dame to snap losing streak
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- Ambridge fire brought quickly under control
- Nation sick of Obama blunders, Perry tells state Republicans
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Conductor Krzysztof Urbanski shines in Heinz Hall debut
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Route 19 accident in Mt. Lebanon injures five people
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Dungy, Greene represent more Steelers ties in hall of fame voting