Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Police crash victim’s death ruled accidental
- Shooting guard Mason paces Dukes to win over UMass Lowell
- Powerade wrestling tourney welcomes biggest field ever
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- 3 charged in East Deer home invasion
- Defensive play fueling Mars boys basketball team
- Cal U students aid Fayette survey
- Deep roster sparks Butler boys basketball team
- Butler girls basketball team earning narrow victories