Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- Ferrante defense continues to question cyanide tests
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Woman’s body found in Mars home
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Kennametal profit, sales improve in 1Q, but forecast reduced
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Fulbright Program gives Pine woman taste of Thailand
- Clairton police rounding up street-level drug dealers