Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Central Catholic holds ‘emotional’ ceremony for Marino
- Boras: Alvarez’s power is too valuable for Pirates to let him leave
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Steelers notebook: Opportunity awaits Boykin
- Pitt guard Robinson says free-wheeling offense is ‘a lot of fun’
- No shortage of offensive weapons for Aliquippa, Karns City in PIAA game
- WVU’s defensive linemen improving as pass rushers
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- Gorman: Aliquippa’s Jordan stars in any role
- House votes to thwart power plant regulations
- Official: Plum SD trying to provide better communication, training in wake of sex scandal