Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Southmoreland directors to seek loan info from banks as state budget impasse continues
- Youthful East Allegheny girls soccer moving in right direction
- Rep. Stefano’s 6th coffee conversation centers on budget impasse, taxes
- LaBar: Why NXT shouldn’t be compared to RAW
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Connellsville Chamber to honor Falcon Foundation, which helps district students, at Gatsby gala Oct. 24
- Charleroi deals with more road problems
- Roaches troubling to Donora residents
- Clairton man arrested on drug, weapon charges
- Manor Township considers tax break
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep