Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to retire Joe Greene’s jersey number
- Takei to host Pittsburgh Pops ‘Sci-Fi’ concerts
- Western PA Wildcatz semipro football team chasing national title
- 30 cited for trespassing at union rally
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Duquense teen to stand trial on charges he shot, killed unborn child
- Man to serve prison sentence for rock attack
- 2 sentenced for avoiding arrest after Steelers player was stabbed
- Pittsburgh braces for waves of marches, demonstrations this week
- Former IU4 director enters guilty plea to stealing from agency
- Shooting in Northview Heights leaves one man dead, another injured