Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Pittsburgh-set ‘Me and Earl’ big at Sundance, gets distribution deal
- Natural gas line explodes near Steubenville, WVa
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- Second teen charged in Jan. 1 Tarentum shooting
- Murrysville Atria’s damaged by fire
- Nor’easter threatens Northeast with up to 2 feet of snow
- Astrobotic lands $1 million Google Lunar XPRIZE
- Chips in pucks, jerseys could alter how NHL games are analyzed
- Leechburg Road to reopen after two-vehicle accident
- Small drone crashes at White House complex, origin unclear