Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
By Jeremy Boren
Published: Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2012
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 73-home subdivision plan approved for Westwood Golf Club
- Forward officials announce furniture sale
- Husband-wife resignations leave Lincoln short-handed
- Indiana company gets OK to sell former West Mifflin municipal building
- Starkey: Fleury’s future at stake
- Duquesne police make drug arrest
- Five years later, Crosby wants another Cup win
- Glassport council to crack down on absentee landlords
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Legal experts question prosecuting South Fayette boy for recording bullies
- Penguins’ Malkin expects to play in Game 1