Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Robbery, other counts held against Glassport suspect
- Rain plays havoc with American Legion teams
- Pirates come back to take series from Padres
- East Deer police chase ends in arrest
- Starkey: Is this Huntington’s best Bucs team?
- Pirates notebook: Kang settling in to comfort zone
- Mt. Pleasant Borough councilwoman swaps role to deliver ‘apology’
- Mother of Wilkinsburg toddler found dead in ravine charged with her murder
- 92-year-old Rostraver home invasion victim questioned by suspect in court
- Saltlick officials search for proof of post-Prohibition ordinance that made township ‘dry’
- ‘Sherlock’s Last Case’ at Charity Randall Theatre produces intriguing death threat