Newsmaker: Steven Laubacher
Noteworthy: Laubacher starts Monday as the executive director of the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center in Butler. He replaces Roger Kelly, who retired Feb. 3 after 39 years at the center. Linda Geibel, clinical director, has been serving as interim director.
Residence: Relocating from Muncie, Ind., to Butler
Background: Laubacher was executive director of Community & Family Services Inc. in Portland, Ind. Previously, he was the head of Trillium Family Solutions in Canton, Ohio.
Education: Earned a master's degree in public administration from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1994; a doctorate in public policy from the University of Houston in 1990; a master's degree in sociology and psychology from Duquesne University in 1971; and a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Dayton in 1969.
Quote: "The thing I'm looking forward to most is getting to know the area and the people. We have a lot of challenges facing us, like all nonprofits do. My feeling is you have to go in and understand a place before you set objectives. I think we're all on the same page that it's time for a fresh look."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Baby makes arrival at fast food restaurant in Hazelwood
- Steelers receiver Brown attends workouts despite previous comments
- Plum officials: District won’t inhibit ‘constitutionally protected speech’
- Poland blocks pro-Putin Russian bikers at border
- Grand jury presentment: AG Kane lied, attempted to cover up leak
- State jumps in UPMC-Highmark dispute
- Man found dead in Lower Burrell
- Fire damages state Rep. Ryan Warner’s office in North Union
- McKees Rocks council president arrested after SWAT standoff
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season