Newsmaker: Richard Goldinger
Noteworthy: Goldinger, Butler County's district attorney, was elected to the executive board of the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association.
Family: Wife, Rebecca; daughter, Gabriella
Occupation: District attorney of Butler County since 2008
Background: Goldinger served as an attorney in private practice from 1995 to 2008. He has served on the board of directors for the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center, Butler County Family YMCA and the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Institute. He was chairman of the Butler County Criminal Justice Advisory Board and is secretary of the Butler County Drug and Alcohol Council.
Education: Bachelor's degree in economics, University of Pittsburgh, 1992; Juris Doctorate, University of Akron School of Law, 1995
Quote: "I feel both honored and privileged to be recognized by my colleagues from across the commonwealth to be nominated and elected to serve on the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association's board of directors. I look forward to working with my colleagues on the board in creating and implementing policies that assist in prosecuting crimes and protecting the citizens of our commonwealth."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Brown skipping voluntary offseason workouts
- MLB notebook: Gennett’s shower injury could put him on DL
- Pittsburgh Public Theater taking on Shakespeare’s ‘Othello’
- Penguins sell out Game 3, extend streak to 376 games
- UPMC is the target of nihilistic envy
- The gathering storm: An IRS defeat
- Deputies arrest couple, seize 45 bricks of heroin in Penn Hills
- NHL notebook: Sharks, McLellan part ways after 7 years
- Don’t watch till the race starts
- Doctors incorporate ideas for retirement planning into new book
- My takes on the news