Newsmaker: Richard Goldinger
Noteworthy: Goldinger, Butler County's district attorney, was elected to the executive board of the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association.
Family: Wife, Rebecca; daughter, Gabriella
Occupation: District attorney of Butler County since 2008
Background: Goldinger served as an attorney in private practice from 1995 to 2008. He has served on the board of directors for the Irene Stacy Community Mental Health Center, Butler County Family YMCA and the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Institute. He was chairman of the Butler County Criminal Justice Advisory Board and is secretary of the Butler County Drug and Alcohol Council.
Education: Bachelor's degree in economics, University of Pittsburgh, 1992; Juris Doctorate, University of Akron School of Law, 1995
Quote: "I feel both honored and privileged to be recognized by my colleagues from across the commonwealth to be nominated and elected to serve on the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association's board of directors. I look forward to working with my colleagues on the board in creating and implementing policies that assist in prosecuting crimes and protecting the citizens of our commonwealth."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne
- Western Pennsylvania workers’ names echo different career paths
- Pitt notebook: Panthers defense responds to questions with shutout
- On the border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job