Somerset inmate charged with throwing feces at guard
A Somerset prison inmate accused of throwing his feces at a corrections officer has been charged with aggravated harassment, state police at Somerset said.
The incident occurred about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday when the guard was collecting used dishes from a restricted housing unit at the State Correctional Institution-Somerset.
Inmates in this unit typically slide their dishes through a hole in their cells, police said.
But instead, Elizah Christopher McDonald, 21, threw a cup of his feces at the officer, then tossed his food tray through the slot, police said. Trooper Todd Sherle said the officer, who was not injured, "walked away, reported it to his supervisor, changed his clothes and showered about three times."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- South Fayette again defeats Aliquippa to defend WPIAL Class AA title
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Stock market logs 5th straight week of gains as Dow hits record high
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- Sonata exudes class
- ‘Hunger Games’ salute leads to arrests
- MLB notebook: Rays’ managerial search narrowed to 3 finalists
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Kids give first lady sarcastic ‘thanks’ on Twitter
- Ignoring expired ‘mandate’