Armed man fends off sword-wielding 'ninja' in South Union
A Fayette County man attacked by a "ninja" with a sword quickly ended the encounter by pulling a gun.
"The only word that comes to mind is, 'seriously?'" Santino Guzzo, 29, of South Union said today. "I know this isn't a laughing matter, but how many people get attacked by a ninja• Really, a ninja?"
State police are searching for the man, who Guzzo described as wearing a "ninja outfit literally from head to toe." Police said he broke into 11 cars on Braddock Avenue and tried to stab Guzzo with his sword nearby.
Guzzo said he pulled his gun and the man broke the rear window of Guzzo's car as he ran off. Guzzo said he chased the man, who did not move with the grace typically associated with a ninja.
"He was like a gazelle that just got attacked by a lion," Guzzo said. "He got up and fell, and got up and fell. Then he jumped off a cliff."
Guzzo lost track of him after he jumped. Anyone with information was asked to call Trooper Robert Reitler at 724-439-7111.
Guzzo said he will not live in fear of the ninja's return.
"I'm a firm believer in my Second Amendment rights," he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Teen charged with firing shots in Wilkins, abducting woman
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Keystone Bakery closes Greensburg store
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Excela, Pitt-Greensburg team on legacy videos for those in twilight of lives