Pantsless woman left daughter in car after Youngwood crash, police say
State police are investigating a Saturday crash in Youngwood when a woman allegedly ran from her car after an accident, wearing no pants and abandoning her 7-year-old daughter in the rear seat.
The crash occurred about 9:50 p.m. on Route 119 at Lowe Street where a Chevrolet Cavalier the woman was driving allegedly rear-ended a Jeep.
Authorities reported that before the collision, police received several calls from other motorists reporting someone driving a red Cavalier erratically south on Route 119.
"We received a report of a rear-end type collision, and the woman, who was not fully dressed, was attempting to leave the scene of the accident," said Youngwood fire Chief Lloyd Crago.
"It's my understanding several neighbors who live nearby held the woman down on the ground until state police arrived. She was not wearing any pants," he said.
Crago said the woman, who suffered facial injuries in the crash, was transported by helicopter to a Pittsburgh hospital. The woman's identity has not been released, and her condition is not known.
Trooper Steve Limani confirmed that state police are investigating the accident, but a report was not available yesterday.
Emergency responders said police retrieved two bottles of alcohol from the driver's side of the vehicle. One was empty.
"The little girl who was riding in the back told us she was not injured. We were told she was not belted into her seat," Crago said.
Authorities said the child was referred to Westmoreland County Children and Youth Services.
Crago said the driver did not have an explanation for why she was driving erratically before the crash or why she was not wearing pants.
"She wasn't talking very well," he said.
A fence along South Fourth Street at Clawson Avenue, several blocks from the accident, was damaged during the incident, authorities said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Harrison eyes stretch run
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Michigan State takes bumpy road to finale against Penn State
- HS highlight reel: Pair of title games to be on tape delay Saturday
- House fire displaces family of 6 in Somerset County
- Palestinian artist who appealed blasphemy sentence of 800 lashes, prison sentenced to execution
- Gorman: Thomas Jefferson quarterback Kelley savors run after injuries, illness
- Knoch girls seek dividends of experience