Wecht deliberations to resume Thursday
Deliberations in the federal public corruption trial of Dr. Cyril H. Wecht will resume Thursday.
Jurors left around 2 p.m. today, after their fifth day of trying to determine a verdict.
Wecht, 77, of Squirrel Hill is accused of using his public office while Allegheny County coroner for private gain. He is charged with 41 counts of fraud and theft.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- LaBar: Kurt Angle preparing for WWE return
- Pirates notebook: Bucs to target pitching on trade market
- Seinfeld takes Irwin man’s Jaguar for a sip, spin
- State police investigating Lawrence County murder-suicide
- Scaife donates art to Brandywine, Westmoreland art museums
- All-star Watson blows late lead as Reds rally past Pirates
- Passion receiver squeezes football into hoops recruiting schedule
- Turzai calls on Corbett to take on pension reform, liquor store privatization
- Allegheny County executive, 2nd councilman included in ethics probe over Deer Lakes Park drilling vote
- Associate: Tommy Ramone, last of the original Ramones, dies
- Woman in Route 28 crash has outstanding warrants