Route 22 in Murrysville reopened after accident
The eastbound lanes of Route 22 in Salem Township in Westmoreland County reopened this afternoon after being closed for nearly three hours following an accident between a tractor trailer and a box truck.
No serious injuries were reported in the accident at 11:50 a.m. that occurred between a box truck and a tractor-trailer. The crash about one mile east of the Route 819 intersection and forced the closing of both the eastbound and westbound lanes, where the crash occurred, while emergency crews cleaned up a fuel spill.
The westbound lanes were expected to reopen by approximately 4 p.m., police said.
Police said the Westmoreland County Hazardous Materials team was summoned to assist Slickville and New Alexandria firefighters at the scene. The accident occurred about one mile east of the Route 819 intersection at White Thorne Road.
Authorities at the scene reported that a second diesel fuel spill occurred near the first accident when a tractor-trailer was attempted to avoid colliding with stopped traffic from the initial accident.
State police in Kiski are investigating the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pair charged with prostitution-related offenses in South Greensburg
- Trial in Monessen homicide of drug dealer nears start
- Norvelt residents try to preserve community history’s link to Roosevelts
- Accident closes Route 22 in Murrysville
- Twin Lakes to host grand opening for expansion area that includes dek hockey rink
- Harrison City woman arrested for fighting police
- Scottdale man arrested at end of motorcycle chase
- Opening arguments set in Rostraver home invasion case
- Jeannette council to consider change in rental ordinance
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Westmoreland County on pace to surpass record for drug-related fatalities