Westmoreland County Community College registers 7,000th student
On Aug. 21, Westmoreland County Community College registered its 7,000th student, Natalie Bosco of Derry Township, setting an enrollment record.
WCCC President Daniel J. Obara announced Bosco's name Wednesday at a celebration held for students, faculty and staff.
Bosco, 41, a 21-year employee of Powerex Inc., Youngwood, is a first-time WCCC student. She enrolled in the electronic instruments and measurements class to enhance her job skills as a requirement by her employer for an upgraded position as process support specialist. She and her husband, Gary Bosco, are the parents of two daughters, Ashley, 19, a student at Penn State Altoona, and Julia, 15, who attends Derry Area High School.
"I never thought that I would be in college at the same time as my daughter," Bosco said.
As of Wednesday, WCCC's enrollment stood at 7,144 students, which is a 12.5 percent increase over last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Hempfield man dies in single-vehicle accident
- Land costs for New Stanton turnpike interchange project reach $4.2M
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Murrysville woman apologizes for scholarship fund theft
- Donors’ generosity allows Clairview School girls to get fancy for prom
- Seton Hill student tells how Pa. Gov. Wolf’s tax plan will hurt her
- 4 Democrats seek 3 nods for Latrobe council
- 2 charged with copper theft from Greensburg house
- Jeannette police say 5 people caught trespassing on grounds
- 2 Democrats battle for Hempfield nomination for supervisor