Westmoreland County Community College registers 7,000th student
On Aug. 21, Westmoreland County Community College registered its 7,000th student, Natalie Bosco of Derry Township, setting an enrollment record.
WCCC President Daniel J. Obara announced Bosco's name Wednesday at a celebration held for students, faculty and staff.
Bosco, 41, a 21-year employee of Powerex Inc., Youngwood, is a first-time WCCC student. She enrolled in the electronic instruments and measurements class to enhance her job skills as a requirement by her employer for an upgraded position as process support specialist. She and her husband, Gary Bosco, are the parents of two daughters, Ashley, 19, a student at Penn State Altoona, and Julia, 15, who attends Derry Area High School.
"I never thought that I would be in college at the same time as my daughter," Bosco said.
As of Wednesday, WCCC's enrollment stood at 7,144 students, which is a 12.5 percent increase over last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- Route 217 bridge across Loyalhanna Creek reopens early
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Southwest Greensburg man died of injuries in accident in Bell
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- Physicist found joy in family, friends, work, wine
- Mt. Pleasant man injured when tractor hit by vehicle
- Second phase of Westmoreland Airpark in Unity opens