Westmoreland County Community College registers 7,000th student
On Aug. 21, Westmoreland County Community College registered its 7,000th student, Natalie Bosco of Derry Township, setting an enrollment record.
WCCC President Daniel J. Obara announced Bosco's name Wednesday at a celebration held for students, faculty and staff.
Bosco, 41, a 21-year employee of Powerex Inc., Youngwood, is a first-time WCCC student. She enrolled in the electronic instruments and measurements class to enhance her job skills as a requirement by her employer for an upgraded position as process support specialist. She and her husband, Gary Bosco, are the parents of two daughters, Ashley, 19, a student at Penn State Altoona, and Julia, 15, who attends Derry Area High School.
"I never thought that I would be in college at the same time as my daughter," Bosco said.
As of Wednesday, WCCC's enrollment stood at 7,144 students, which is a 12.5 percent increase over last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- Westmoreland jail guard accused of selling illegal steroids
- Allegheny Township man to serve at least 24 years for molesting 3 children
- West Newton will consider temporary road after train accident cut off neighborhood