Westmoreland County Community College registers 7,000th student
On Aug. 21, Westmoreland County Community College registered its 7,000th student, Natalie Bosco of Derry Township, setting an enrollment record.
WCCC President Daniel J. Obara announced Bosco's name Wednesday at a celebration held for students, faculty and staff.
Bosco, 41, a 21-year employee of Powerex Inc., Youngwood, is a first-time WCCC student. She enrolled in the electronic instruments and measurements class to enhance her job skills as a requirement by her employer for an upgraded position as process support specialist. She and her husband, Gary Bosco, are the parents of two daughters, Ashley, 19, a student at Penn State Altoona, and Julia, 15, who attends Derry Area High School.
"I never thought that I would be in college at the same time as my daughter," Bosco said.
As of Wednesday, WCCC's enrollment stood at 7,144 students, which is a 12.5 percent increase over last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect in custody
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Offense continues to click as Panthers hold off Kent State, 85-76
- As historic breakup nears, Alcoa works to redefine its ‘advantage’
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Indiana Twp. liver transplant recipient, 2, takes steps toward normal life