Westmoreland County Community College registers 7,000th student
On Aug. 21, Westmoreland County Community College registered its 7,000th student, Natalie Bosco of Derry Township, setting an enrollment record.
WCCC President Daniel J. Obara announced Bosco's name Wednesday at a celebration held for students, faculty and staff.
Bosco, 41, a 21-year employee of Powerex Inc., Youngwood, is a first-time WCCC student. She enrolled in the electronic instruments and measurements class to enhance her job skills as a requirement by her employer for an upgraded position as process support specialist. She and her husband, Gary Bosco, are the parents of two daughters, Ashley, 19, a student at Penn State Altoona, and Julia, 15, who attends Derry Area High School.
"I never thought that I would be in college at the same time as my daughter," Bosco said.
As of Wednesday, WCCC's enrollment stood at 7,144 students, which is a 12.5 percent increase over last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ligonier Township man jailed in alleged assault of police chief
- A Griffins great: Seton Hill soccer team supports 7-year-old honorary member
- Southmoreland student injured in school assault
- Lab results questioned in fatal Mt. Pleasant car accident
- New York fuel cell company to add another plant in Mt. Pleasant Township
- Mt. Pleasant hospital sets ‘exceptional’ example
- Latrobe Municipal Authority to replace solicitor
- Jeannette school board adds network assistant
- Greater Latrobe elevates lacrosse teams
- Judge: Former Latrobe man can proceed with civil rights action
- Gluten-Free Living Support Group meetings in Mt. Pleasant open to all