Westmoreland County Community College registers 7,000th student
On Aug. 21, Westmoreland County Community College registered its 7,000th student, Natalie Bosco of Derry Township, setting an enrollment record.
WCCC President Daniel J. Obara announced Bosco's name Wednesday at a celebration held for students, faculty and staff.
Bosco, 41, a 21-year employee of Powerex Inc., Youngwood, is a first-time WCCC student. She enrolled in the electronic instruments and measurements class to enhance her job skills as a requirement by her employer for an upgraded position as process support specialist. She and her husband, Gary Bosco, are the parents of two daughters, Ashley, 19, a student at Penn State Altoona, and Julia, 15, who attends Derry Area High School.
"I never thought that I would be in college at the same time as my daughter," Bosco said.
As of Wednesday, WCCC's enrollment stood at 7,144 students, which is a 12.5 percent increase over last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman foils robbery attempt in Pleasant Unity
- Greensburg man, out on bond, ID’d in robbery
- Cancer fundraiser pays tribute to Donegal man
- 33 from Westmoreland County inducted into state’s Voter Hall of Fame
- Irwin class helps recovering addicts, families find peace through art
- Monessen man gets long prison term, then gets married
- Unity day care operator loses appeal of sentence
- New Geyer Choir hopes to hit high note at Scottdale theater
- Medical center ‘monstrosity’ near end in Jeannette
- 3 men held for trial in Jeannette assault
- Foxley Farm owners claim unfair treatment by Ligonier Township