Westmoreland County Community College registers 7,000th student
On Aug. 21, Westmoreland County Community College registered its 7,000th student, Natalie Bosco of Derry Township, setting an enrollment record.
WCCC President Daniel J. Obara announced Bosco's name Wednesday at a celebration held for students, faculty and staff.
Bosco, 41, a 21-year employee of Powerex Inc., Youngwood, is a first-time WCCC student. She enrolled in the electronic instruments and measurements class to enhance her job skills as a requirement by her employer for an upgraded position as process support specialist. She and her husband, Gary Bosco, are the parents of two daughters, Ashley, 19, a student at Penn State Altoona, and Julia, 15, who attends Derry Area High School.
"I never thought that I would be in college at the same time as my daughter," Bosco said.
As of Wednesday, WCCC's enrollment stood at 7,144 students, which is a 12.5 percent increase over last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Greensburg man held for trial in hospital assault
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Contract with prison counselors ratified
- Latrobe couple who locked son in car trunk avoids jail
- Fire damages Derry house
- Burger named for late Greensburg VFD member star of ‘bashes’
- Murrysville police seek help to catch vandals
- Fayette City man shoots himself before police could take him into custody
- Entrapment, injury reported in Derry Township accident
- Man snatches purse behind mall
- Injured eagle in Somerset County returns to the wild