Westmoreland County Community College registers 7,000th student
On Aug. 21, Westmoreland County Community College registered its 7,000th student, Natalie Bosco of Derry Township, setting an enrollment record.
WCCC President Daniel J. Obara announced Bosco's name Wednesday at a celebration held for students, faculty and staff.
Bosco, 41, a 21-year employee of Powerex Inc., Youngwood, is a first-time WCCC student. She enrolled in the electronic instruments and measurements class to enhance her job skills as a requirement by her employer for an upgraded position as process support specialist. She and her husband, Gary Bosco, are the parents of two daughters, Ashley, 19, a student at Penn State Altoona, and Julia, 15, who attends Derry Area High School.
"I never thought that I would be in college at the same time as my daughter," Bosco said.
As of Wednesday, WCCC's enrollment stood at 7,144 students, which is a 12.5 percent increase over last year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- Former Penn-Trafford student put on house arrest for drug sales
- Laurel Mountain ski plan needs more information, planners say
- One-day lane restrictions set on Route 30 in North Huntingdon
- Ligonier Township zoning officer resigns
- Greensburg driver charged after ATV struck on rail tracks
- Ligonier Township wants more info on cell tower proposal
- Greensburg seeks holiday parade marchers
- Rostraver woman, 91, injured in home invasion; 3 sought
- Make A Difference Day is Saturday
- Unity rally aims to counter negativity of KKK message in ’97