Lifeguard at Rostraver fitness center rescues man from therapy pool
A lifeguard at a Rostraver fitness center saved a man from drowning in a therapy pool Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who is in his 60s, was using the 3 1⁄2-foot-deep therapy pool at the Center For Fitness and Health in Willowpointe Plaza around 10 a.m. when he went under water, said Kurt Weber, spokesman for Mon Valley Hospital.
The hospital operates the fitness center.
Weber said a lifeguard immediately got the man out of the water, and emergency crews were called to the scene. The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and was treated and released, Weber said.
"This was handled by our staff exactly the way it should have been handled," Weber said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Mt. Pleasant man charged with unlawful restraint
- Bus used at World Trade Center on 9/11 revamped in East Huntingdon
- Judge dismisses Latrobe man’s appeal in ’08 strangulation
- Penn Township homemaker to seek district judge position
- Greensburg woman charged with stabbing husband
- Salvation Army’s red kettle campaign in Westmoreland County lags in donations, volunteers
- Westmoreland County judge denies appeal of convicted wife killer