Lifeguard at Rostraver fitness center rescues man from therapy pool
A lifeguard at a Rostraver fitness center saved a man from drowning in a therapy pool Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who is in his 60s, was using the 3 1⁄2-foot-deep therapy pool at the Center For Fitness and Health in Willowpointe Plaza around 10 a.m. when he went under water, said Kurt Weber, spokesman for Mon Valley Hospital.
The hospital operates the fitness center.
Weber said a lifeguard immediately got the man out of the water, and emergency crews were called to the scene. The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and was treated and released, Weber said.
"This was handled by our staff exactly the way it should have been handled," Weber said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought; alleged accomplice arrested
- Charges advance for men accused in police scuffle at Fort Ligonier Days
- Hempfield man receives long-overdue Bronze Star for World War II service
- Walker: Still time to recycle live Christmas trees in Scottdale
- New Year’s Eve sales set LCB record
- Coal truck, another hauling beer crash on Route 22
- Arnold man’s molestation conviction upheld
- Delmont man blogs about industrial history of region, exploring long-cold coke ovens
- Youngwood officials to submit drawings to state agency that orders playground work stoppage
- Hempfield votes to fill public works job with interim director Cisco
- Ligonier planners recommend approval of restaurant proposal