Lifeguard at Rostraver fitness center rescues man from therapy pool
A lifeguard at a Rostraver fitness center saved a man from drowning in a therapy pool Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who is in his 60s, was using the 3 1⁄2-foot-deep therapy pool at the Center For Fitness and Health in Willowpointe Plaza around 10 a.m. when he went under water, said Kurt Weber, spokesman for Mon Valley Hospital.
The hospital operates the fitness center.
Weber said a lifeguard immediately got the man out of the water, and emergency crews were called to the scene. The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and was treated and released, Weber said.
"This was handled by our staff exactly the way it should have been handled," Weber said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Belle Vernon girls showed signs of being abused, doctor testifies
- Videotaping suspect from Greensburg doesn’t show at hearing
- Greater Latrobe-Laurel Valley Community Chamber of Commerce to honor Arnie’s pal ‘Doc’
- 2 escape injury when plane slides into Westmoreland County airport
- Defense can see, not copy tape, Westmoreland County judge rules
- Trio holds up Penn couple at gunpoint in home
- Yukon kennel founder jailed for allegedly threatening workers
- Reputed leader of motorcycle gang returned to Pa. to face charges
- New Stanton breaks ground on municipal building
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Fayette County parents charged with endangering children, cruelty to animals