Lifeguard at Rostraver fitness center rescues man from therapy pool
A lifeguard at a Rostraver fitness center saved a man from drowning in a therapy pool Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who is in his 60s, was using the 3 1⁄2-foot-deep therapy pool at the Center For Fitness and Health in Willowpointe Plaza around 10 a.m. when he went under water, said Kurt Weber, spokesman for Mon Valley Hospital.
The hospital operates the fitness center.
Weber said a lifeguard immediately got the man out of the water, and emergency crews were called to the scene. The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and was treated and released, Weber said.
"This was handled by our staff exactly the way it should have been handled," Weber said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Arnold man sentenced for armed robbery
- Murrysville man draws on experiences in starting SAT prep academy
- Geyer helps revive Scottdale theater that bears family name
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Latrobe couple who locked son in car trunk avoids jail
- Man snatches purse behind Westmoreland Mall
- Bookkeeper accused of stealing nearly $140K from Latrobe funeral home
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Westmoreland celebrates Americans with Disabilities Act’s anniversary
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board suspends in-store tastings