Lifeguard at Rostraver fitness center rescues man from therapy pool
A lifeguard at a Rostraver fitness center saved a man from drowning in a therapy pool Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who is in his 60s, was using the 3 1⁄2-foot-deep therapy pool at the Center For Fitness and Health in Willowpointe Plaza around 10 a.m. when he went under water, said Kurt Weber, spokesman for Mon Valley Hospital.
The hospital operates the fitness center.
Weber said a lifeguard immediately got the man out of the water, and emergency crews were called to the scene. The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and was treated and released, Weber said.
"This was handled by our staff exactly the way it should have been handled," Weber said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Motorcyclist killed after striking pole in Penn Township
- Hempfield train crash search called off; no evidence found
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Online donors help Hempfield teen whose wallet was stolen
- Penn Township man pleads guilty to assaulting 3 police officers
- Numerous Westmoreland communities to observe Memorial Day
- Greensburg Community Days ready to go
- Westmoreland County Blind Association building brimming with activity
- One person reportedly dies after East Huntingdon accident
- Huge compressors to leave Jeannette in late-night parade on way to Texas
- Lawyers for convicted killer Smyrnes want info about death row