Lifeguard at Rostraver fitness center rescues man from therapy pool
A lifeguard at a Rostraver fitness center saved a man from drowning in a therapy pool Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who is in his 60s, was using the 3 1⁄2-foot-deep therapy pool at the Center For Fitness and Health in Willowpointe Plaza around 10 a.m. when he went under water, said Kurt Weber, spokesman for Mon Valley Hospital.
The hospital operates the fitness center.
Weber said a lifeguard immediately got the man out of the water, and emergency crews were called to the scene. The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and was treated and released, Weber said.
"This was handled by our staff exactly the way it should have been handled," Weber said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees
- Westmoreland County Transit Authority to buy 12 minibuses
- Lineup released for Greensburg concert series
- Budget work ahead for Southmoreland School District
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Technology, teaching style set district apart, Mt. Pleasant Area administrators say
- Everson, Scottdale leaders optimistic about future for boroughs
- Suspected drug dealers arrested by Westmoreland County task force
- Loyalhanna mother appeals conviction in beating of 3-month-old daughter
- Ligonier Valley YMCA marks start of 32,000-square-foot expansion