Lifeguard at Rostraver fitness center rescues man from therapy pool
A lifeguard at a Rostraver fitness center saved a man from drowning in a therapy pool Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who is in his 60s, was using the 3 1⁄2-foot-deep therapy pool at the Center For Fitness and Health in Willowpointe Plaza around 10 a.m. when he went under water, said Kurt Weber, spokesman for Mon Valley Hospital.
The hospital operates the fitness center.
Weber said a lifeguard immediately got the man out of the water, and emergency crews were called to the scene. The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and was treated and released, Weber said.
"This was handled by our staff exactly the way it should have been handled," Weber said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- Miami (Fla.) gets prepared to take on ‘physical’ Pitt team
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Century Inn owner hopes to reopen Washington County landmark, gutted by fire, by end of next year
- Pittsburgh nonprofit 412 Food Rescue takes surplus food to needy
- France honors attack victims in city subdued by mourning
- Carrick crime ‘blitz’ shows early signs of success
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run