Lifeguard at Rostraver fitness center rescues man from therapy pool
A lifeguard at a Rostraver fitness center saved a man from drowning in a therapy pool Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who is in his 60s, was using the 3 1⁄2-foot-deep therapy pool at the Center For Fitness and Health in Willowpointe Plaza around 10 a.m. when he went under water, said Kurt Weber, spokesman for Mon Valley Hospital.
The hospital operates the fitness center.
Weber said a lifeguard immediately got the man out of the water, and emergency crews were called to the scene. The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and was treated and released, Weber said.
"This was handled by our staff exactly the way it should have been handled," Weber said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Accuser lying, rape defendant testifies in Westmoreland County trial
- Democrats go on offense in Westmoreland County commission debate
- Ohio woman will be milestone passenger to fly out of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled
- Greensburg council expected to approve fire truck purchase
- Laurel Ridge rangers on watch for sexual misconduct in park
- Westmoreland couple charged with having heroin, marijuana
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- Fire damages home in Greensburg
- Killer’s appeal rejected in Greensburg torture-murder