Lifeguard at Rostraver fitness center rescues man from therapy pool
A lifeguard at a Rostraver fitness center saved a man from drowning in a therapy pool Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who is in his 60s, was using the 3 1⁄2-foot-deep therapy pool at the Center For Fitness and Health in Willowpointe Plaza around 10 a.m. when he went under water, said Kurt Weber, spokesman for Mon Valley Hospital.
The hospital operates the fitness center.
Weber said a lifeguard immediately got the man out of the water, and emergency crews were called to the scene. The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and was treated and released, Weber said.
"This was handled by our staff exactly the way it should have been handled," Weber said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Extremes in weather hurt crops in Westmoreland
- Hempfield man serving life without parole for killing wife tells judge he’ll pay restitution when he’s released
- Police: Scottdale man had child porn on computer
- Man charged with hitting girlfriend with car in East Huntingdon reaches plea agreement
- Hempfield joins county land bank
- Sutersville ready to sell former church
- Sewickley Twp. man who received food stamps didn’t disclose gas royalties
- Kecksburg celebrates its UFO history with annual festival
- Scottdale chamber’s Community Yard Sale to be held Saturday
- Fairfield Township resident honored by Loyalhanna Watershed Association
- Firefighters respond to West Newton chemical leak