Lifeguard at Rostraver fitness center rescues man from therapy pool
A lifeguard at a Rostraver fitness center saved a man from drowning in a therapy pool Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who is in his 60s, was using the 3 1⁄2-foot-deep therapy pool at the Center For Fitness and Health in Willowpointe Plaza around 10 a.m. when he went under water, said Kurt Weber, spokesman for Mon Valley Hospital.
The hospital operates the fitness center.
Weber said a lifeguard immediately got the man out of the water, and emergency crews were called to the scene. The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and was treated and released, Weber said.
"This was handled by our staff exactly the way it should have been handled," Weber said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Builder finds calling as chaplain at Westmoreland jail
- WCCC revises purchasing policy
- Water service restored in Derry after leaks
- Scholarship fund at St. Vincent to honor Kennametal exec
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Taxes on old Eagles building in Scottdale forgiven
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- 20 charged in Western Pennsylvania drug crackdown
- Westmoreland, Fayette towns prepare to ring in holidays
- Woman to stand trial in Jeannette tot’s death