Lifeguard at Rostraver fitness center rescues man from therapy pool
A lifeguard at a Rostraver fitness center saved a man from drowning in a therapy pool Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who is in his 60s, was using the 3 1⁄2-foot-deep therapy pool at the Center For Fitness and Health in Willowpointe Plaza around 10 a.m. when he went under water, said Kurt Weber, spokesman for Mon Valley Hospital.
The hospital operates the fitness center.
Weber said a lifeguard immediately got the man out of the water, and emergency crews were called to the scene. The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and was treated and released, Weber said.
"This was handled by our staff exactly the way it should have been handled," Weber said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Westmoreland crash
- Sutersville principal’s comments taken out of context, district claims
- Southmoreland High School junior’s broken jaw ‘could have been avoided’
- Former Pagans leader works out plea agreement
- Woman charged with assault spree in Jeannette
- Jeannette purse-snatching suspects to stand trial in 5 incidents
- 2 suspects charged with second robbery in Hempfield
- Scottdale Fall Festival marks 40th year
- Jeannette pleads for more state help
- Treatment ponds for mine drainage planned for Unity
- Donegal Township families fight driller to get clean water