Lifeguard at Rostraver fitness center rescues man from therapy pool
A lifeguard at a Rostraver fitness center saved a man from drowning in a therapy pool Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who is in his 60s, was using the 3 1⁄2-foot-deep therapy pool at the Center For Fitness and Health in Willowpointe Plaza around 10 a.m. when he went under water, said Kurt Weber, spokesman for Mon Valley Hospital.
The hospital operates the fitness center.
Weber said a lifeguard immediately got the man out of the water, and emergency crews were called to the scene. The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and was treated and released, Weber said.
"This was handled by our staff exactly the way it should have been handled," Weber said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Murrysville woman apologizes for scholarship fund theft
- 2 charged with copper theft from Greensburg house
- Police seek public help with East Huntingdon store thefts
- Seton Hill student tells how Pa. Gov. Wolf’s tax plan will hurt her
- Donors’ generosity allows Clairview School girls to get fancy for prom
- 2 Democrats battle for Hempfield nomination for supervisor
- Hempfield bicyclist who brought rock, knives into court office charged
- Jeannette’s Monsour Medical Center demolition costs might go down
- 4 Democrats seek 3 nods for Latrobe council
- Mistaken identity leads to drug bust at Westmoreland County Courthouse