Science, tech programs funded for Girl Scouts
Girls in Westmoreland County will benefit from a $15,000 grant to Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania to fund science and technology programming.
The $15,000 grant from Spark, a program of The Sprout Fund, will deliver the "Robot Algebra Project" to Westmoreland County girls. The project develops students' thinking and reasoning skills by blending robotics, choreographed dancing and music with problem solving.
The programming will be delivered through school-based programs and summer camps.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland community leaders discuss how to meet hunger needs
- ‘Bride’ goes on at Geyer theater in Scottdale
- Latrobe pharmacy will offer overdose antidote
- Charges filed in stolen property investigation
- Greensburg Hempfield Area Library board to consider tax referendum
- Fines against MAX Environmental up to Westmoreland judge
- 4 seek 3 nominations for Southwest Greensburg council
- Wrongful death suit against Westmoreland Manor settled
- Mt. Pleasant Township home destroyed by fire
- Playground plans in Sewickley Township on hold
- Mutual Aid plans fundraising throughout Westmoreland County to bolster member numbers