Science, tech programs funded for Girl Scouts
Girls in Westmoreland County will benefit from a $15,000 grant to Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania to fund science and technology programming.
The $15,000 grant from Spark, a program of The Sprout Fund, will deliver the "Robot Algebra Project" to Westmoreland County girls. The project develops students' thinking and reasoning skills by blending robotics, choreographed dancing and music with problem solving.
The programming will be delivered through school-based programs and summer camps.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Mt. Pleasant’s background colored by entrepreneurial spirit
- Dog found shot dead in cardboard box in Derry Township
- Police searching for man who pulled over high school student in Export
- Suspected drug dealers arrested by Westmoreland County task force
- Lawyer: Ligonier Township ethics ruling inconclusive
- Arnold man admits to stealing former football star’s identity
- Greensburg police officer Zulisky to run for district judge
- Rostraver woman with cancer, family raise thousands for fighting disease
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- Loyalhanna mother appeals conviction in beating of 3-month-old daughter