Science, tech programs funded for Girl Scouts
Girls in Westmoreland County will benefit from a $15,000 grant to Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania to fund science and technology programming.
The $15,000 grant from Spark, a program of The Sprout Fund, will deliver the "Robot Algebra Project" to Westmoreland County girls. The project develops students' thinking and reasoning skills by blending robotics, choreographed dancing and music with problem solving.
The programming will be delivered through school-based programs and summer camps.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- Purple Heart recipient Krinock to lead July Fourth parade in Latrobe
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- State Supreme Court rejects latest Foxley Farm appeal in Ligonier Township dispute
- Smithton man gets 6-12 years for robbery in Jeannette
- Independence Day events for Westmoreland County
- Group takes veterans, seniors in WWII-era planes at Unity airport