Science, tech programs funded for Girl Scouts
Girls in Westmoreland County will benefit from a $15,000 grant to Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania to fund science and technology programming.
The $15,000 grant from Spark, a program of The Sprout Fund, will deliver the "Robot Algebra Project" to Westmoreland County girls. The project develops students' thinking and reasoning skills by blending robotics, choreographed dancing and music with problem solving.
The programming will be delivered through school-based programs and summer camps.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 9 miles of roads to be paved in Hempfield
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- Tenant charged in fire that destroyed Latrobe apartment house
- Ligonier Township K-9 officer home to recover from deadly collision
- Ex-Delmont man found dead in Florida
- Westmoreland County Community College trustees approve $38M preliminary budget
- A family’s flag flies again in Mt. Pleasant
- Pair of zoning requests denied by Unity board
- Theft thwarted by employee at North Huntingdon Wal-Mart
- Westmoreland jail warden pushes for full-body scanner to find drugs, contraband
- Scottdale Friends of Library, YMCA Prayer Shawl Ministry to be active