Science, tech programs funded for Girl Scouts
Girls in Westmoreland County will benefit from a $15,000 grant to Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania to fund science and technology programming.
The $15,000 grant from Spark, a program of The Sprout Fund, will deliver the "Robot Algebra Project" to Westmoreland County girls. The project develops students' thinking and reasoning skills by blending robotics, choreographed dancing and music with problem solving.
The programming will be delivered through school-based programs and summer camps.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Reputed leader of motorcycle gang returned to Pa. to face charges
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- West Overton museum to host Civil War exhibit
- Sale date for Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette finalized by court