Science, tech programs funded for Girl Scouts
Girls in Westmoreland County will benefit from a $15,000 grant to Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania to fund science and technology programming.
The $15,000 grant from Spark, a program of The Sprout Fund, will deliver the "Robot Algebra Project" to Westmoreland County girls. The project develops students' thinking and reasoning skills by blending robotics, choreographed dancing and music with problem solving.
The programming will be delivered through school-based programs and summer camps.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact
- Judge dismisses Latrobe man’s appeal in ’08 strangulation
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Ligonier man’s sentences for slayings upheld
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Ligonier man first in Pa. to own aluminum-body F-150