Science, tech programs funded for Girl Scouts
Girls in Westmoreland County will benefit from a $15,000 grant to Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania to fund science and technology programming.
The $15,000 grant from Spark, a program of The Sprout Fund, will deliver the "Robot Algebra Project" to Westmoreland County girls. The project develops students' thinking and reasoning skills by blending robotics, choreographed dancing and music with problem solving.
The programming will be delivered through school-based programs and summer camps.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Bank told to maintain Hempfield cemetery