Unity man charged in cat's fatal shooting on road
State police have filed charges of cruelty to animals against a Unity man accused of shooting and killing a cat owned by an area couple.
Michael Joseph Spychalski, 60, of 410 Marguerite Road, shot and killed a 1-year-old female cat owned by Robert and Cynthia Pische, both 51, about 11:45 a.m. June 18 along the road, according to state police Trooper Kim Zubovic.
Spychalski also faces charges of reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct, Zubovic said. Charges were filed in the office of Unity District Judge Michael Mahady.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield man receives long-overdue Bronze Star for World War II service
- Charges advance for men accused in police scuffle at Fort Ligonier Days
- Longtime Greensburg District Judge Albert will seek fifth term
- Arnold man’s molestation conviction upheld
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- 3 injured in 2-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- Woman pays $178 fine for Westmoreland courthouse conduct
- Braddock man held for trial in Jeannette assault, robbery