Unity man charged in cat's fatal shooting on road
State police have filed charges of cruelty to animals against a Unity man accused of shooting and killing a cat owned by an area couple.
Michael Joseph Spychalski, 60, of 410 Marguerite Road, shot and killed a 1-year-old female cat owned by Robert and Cynthia Pische, both 51, about 11:45 a.m. June 18 along the road, according to state police Trooper Kim Zubovic.
Spychalski also faces charges of reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct, Zubovic said. Charges were filed in the office of Unity District Judge Michael Mahady.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Chief says Youngwood house fire is suspicious
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet
- Police: Charges unwarranted for Yough shop class project
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Somerset County man arrested after loaded gun found at Baltimore airport
- Greensburg artist follows unusual path to creative career
- No relief in sight for Westmoreland transit passengers
- Police: Jeannette woman tried to steal family’s safe
- Attorney seeks dismissal of charge in Salem wreck that killed mother, unborn child
- 1 injured in Mt. Pleasant Twp. accident
- Grant program targets 7 Westmoreland County towns, including Greensburg, for revitalization