Unity man charged in cat's fatal shooting on road
State police have filed charges of cruelty to animals against a Unity man accused of shooting and killing a cat owned by an area couple.
Michael Joseph Spychalski, 60, of 410 Marguerite Road, shot and killed a 1-year-old female cat owned by Robert and Cynthia Pische, both 51, about 11:45 a.m. June 18 along the road, according to state police Trooper Kim Zubovic.
Spychalski also faces charges of reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct, Zubovic said. Charges were filed in the office of Unity District Judge Michael Mahady.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- Tax fight brews among Southwest Greensburg business owners, landlords
- Greensburg native runs unique catering service in California
- Work planned for Route 711 in Ligonier
- Red Onion reunion possibly the last for Hempfield coal mining village
- Monessen home invasion ‘ringleader’ denied leniency
- Motorcyclist injured in Sewickley Township
- Kecksburg celebrates its UFO history with annual festival
- Unity zoning hearing board OKs addition to Adelphoi home
- Police: Greensburg man had heroin, stolen gun
- Latrobe police to host National Night Out