Unity man charged in cat's fatal shooting on road
State police have filed charges of cruelty to animals against a Unity man accused of shooting and killing a cat owned by an area couple.
Michael Joseph Spychalski, 60, of 410 Marguerite Road, shot and killed a 1-year-old female cat owned by Robert and Cynthia Pische, both 51, about 11:45 a.m. June 18 along the road, according to state police Trooper Kim Zubovic.
Spychalski also faces charges of reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct, Zubovic said. Charges were filed in the office of Unity District Judge Michael Mahady.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foes of South Huntingdon gas-fired plant fight approval
- Westmoreland Veterans’ Monument unveiled, rededicated in Greensburg
- Theft thwarted by employee at North Huntingdon Wal-Mart
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Man taken to hospital after New Alexandria house burns
- A family’s flag flies again in Mt. Pleasant
- Motorcyclist killed after striking pole in Penn Township
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Hempfield train crash search called off; no evidence found
- Online donors help Hempfield teen whose wallet was stolen
- ‘Dope sick’ man in custody in Mt. Pleasant stick-up