Unity man charged in cat's fatal shooting on road
State police have filed charges of cruelty to animals against a Unity man accused of shooting and killing a cat owned by an area couple.
Michael Joseph Spychalski, 60, of 410 Marguerite Road, shot and killed a 1-year-old female cat owned by Robert and Cynthia Pische, both 51, about 11:45 a.m. June 18 along the road, according to state police Trooper Kim Zubovic.
Spychalski also faces charges of reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct, Zubovic said. Charges were filed in the office of Unity District Judge Michael Mahady.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Woman testifies about alleged sex assault in Arnold
- Ligonier council approves design changes to Diamond
- Former Mich. lawmaker uses D.C. trip to lobby for better veterans health care
- Soccer league seeks access to borough’s field at Willows Park
- Youngwood council delays vote on rental property inspections
- Fickle weather gives pumpkin growers in Pennsylvania fits
- Mt. Pleasant Township Lions Club to host all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say
- East Deer man chastised by Westmoreland judge, paroled, released
- Officials criticize West Newton code enforcement officer