Unity man charged in cat's fatal shooting on road
State police have filed charges of cruelty to animals against a Unity man accused of shooting and killing a cat owned by an area couple.
Michael Joseph Spychalski, 60, of 410 Marguerite Road, shot and killed a 1-year-old female cat owned by Robert and Cynthia Pische, both 51, about 11:45 a.m. June 18 along the road, according to state police Trooper Kim Zubovic.
Spychalski also faces charges of reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct, Zubovic said. Charges were filed in the office of Unity District Judge Michael Mahady.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Training sessions to administer heroin overdose antidote to begin in Derry
- Student violinist,Valley School of Ligonier reach settlement
- Rostraver man pleads guilty in 2012 deadly wreck on I-70
- Greensburg torture slaying participant Marinucci makes second appeal of sentence as unconstitutional
- Study shows Ligonier Borough might save if police consolidate
- Tenaska agrees to provide pollution information on proposed South Huntingdon plant
- Unity planners recommend OK of church plans
- Man wields knife in convenience store robbery near Herminie
- Ruffsdale family loses daughter, 9, to cancer but gives back in her name
- Youngwood officials consider taking over building inspections
- Derry Township sponsors hazardous-waste drop