Unity man charged in cat's fatal shooting on road
State police have filed charges of cruelty to animals against a Unity man accused of shooting and killing a cat owned by an area couple.
Michael Joseph Spychalski, 60, of 410 Marguerite Road, shot and killed a 1-year-old female cat owned by Robert and Cynthia Pische, both 51, about 11:45 a.m. June 18 along the road, according to state police Trooper Kim Zubovic.
Spychalski also faces charges of reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct, Zubovic said. Charges were filed in the office of Unity District Judge Michael Mahady.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Mt. Pleasant man charged with unlawful restraint
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts
- Youngwood fire department reaches out to homeless family
- Unity name excised from Latrobe parks, recreation
- 11 Westmoreland inmates accused of setting fire put in solitary confinement
- Ligonier man first in Pa. to own aluminum-body F-150