Cedar Creek prepares for annual Fun Fest
Cedar Creek Park is set for the 2010 August Fun Fest, marking the festival's 24th year of community entertainment. It will be held on Aug. 8 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The community event features a wide variety of food, entertainment, and children's attractions making it a family affair. Admission and parking are free to the public.
The August Fun Fest Car Show and Cruise is sponsored by the Road Kings Car Club of Greensburg. More than 500 vehicles are expected in the following categories: antique, hot rod, modified, stock, commercial and motorcycle. Registration for classic cars begins at 9 a.m.
Carnival amusement rides, pony rides, petting zoo, and train rides will keep the kids busy. An all-day ride pass can be purchased for only $4. There will also be live music all day with everything from Big Band to Polka performances.
The arts and craft show has become one of the top attractions at this event, featuring over forty artists and craftsmen. The show will include a wide variety of items such as handmade wood crafts, pottery, airbrush tattoos and more.
Among other attractions at the August Fun Fest will be a flea market, Bingo, a Mon Valley R.C. Model Airplane Club display, dance team performances, old-fashioned horse drawn trolley rides, and encampments by the Western PA Native American Association and the 1st Pennsylvania Light Artillery Battery D.
The August Fun Fest is a Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation special event and is co-sponsored by the Greater Rostraver Chamber of Commerce, the Road Kings Car Club and the Valley Independent.
Cedar Creek Park is located in Rostraver Township off Route 51, one-quarter mile north of Interstate 70. For more information, call Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation at 724-830-3950.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Identities oftheft suspects sought by Penn Township and state police
- Grant program targets 7 Westmoreland County towns, including Greensburg, for revitalization
- Westmoreland judge: Contact with advocacy group won’t hamper fairness in drug trial
- Girl, 8, hit by truck in North Irwin, breaks leg
- 1 injured in Mt. Pleasant Twp. accident
- Latrobe-Unity parks department seeks grant; revamp to cost $112K
- Contract talks to start this week for prison union in Westmoreland
- Mt. Pleasant Scout creates drop box for flag disposal
- At 87, Rostraver man still entertaining polka fans
- Woman charged with assault spree in Jeannette
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Derry Twp. crash