Cedar Creek prepares for annual Fun Fest
Cedar Creek Park is set for the 2010 August Fun Fest, marking the festival's 24th year of community entertainment. It will be held on Aug. 8 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The community event features a wide variety of food, entertainment, and children's attractions making it a family affair. Admission and parking are free to the public.
The August Fun Fest Car Show and Cruise is sponsored by the Road Kings Car Club of Greensburg. More than 500 vehicles are expected in the following categories: antique, hot rod, modified, stock, commercial and motorcycle. Registration for classic cars begins at 9 a.m.
Carnival amusement rides, pony rides, petting zoo, and train rides will keep the kids busy. An all-day ride pass can be purchased for only $4. There will also be live music all day with everything from Big Band to Polka performances.
The arts and craft show has become one of the top attractions at this event, featuring over forty artists and craftsmen. The show will include a wide variety of items such as handmade wood crafts, pottery, airbrush tattoos and more.
Among other attractions at the August Fun Fest will be a flea market, Bingo, a Mon Valley R.C. Model Airplane Club display, dance team performances, old-fashioned horse drawn trolley rides, and encampments by the Western PA Native American Association and the 1st Pennsylvania Light Artillery Battery D.
The August Fun Fest is a Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation special event and is co-sponsored by the Greater Rostraver Chamber of Commerce, the Road Kings Car Club and the Valley Independent.
Cedar Creek Park is located in Rostraver Township off Route 51, one-quarter mile north of Interstate 70. For more information, call Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation at 724-830-3950.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lineup released for Greensburg concert series
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees
- Ligonier Valley YMCA marks start of 32,000-square-foot expansion
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- Dog found shot dead in cardboard box in Derry Township
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Westmoreland judge offers Court in the Classroom
- Loyalhanna mother appeals conviction in beating of 3-month-old daughter
- Geneva College student died of heart-related natural causes, coroner says
- WCCC plans 25% tuition increase for 2015-16
- Westmoreland drug task force plans fundraising efforts