Cedar Creek prepares for annual Fun Fest
Cedar Creek Park is set for the 2010 August Fun Fest, marking the festival's 24th year of community entertainment. It will be held on Aug. 8 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The community event features a wide variety of food, entertainment, and children's attractions making it a family affair. Admission and parking are free to the public.
The August Fun Fest Car Show and Cruise is sponsored by the Road Kings Car Club of Greensburg. More than 500 vehicles are expected in the following categories: antique, hot rod, modified, stock, commercial and motorcycle. Registration for classic cars begins at 9 a.m.
Carnival amusement rides, pony rides, petting zoo, and train rides will keep the kids busy. An all-day ride pass can be purchased for only $4. There will also be live music all day with everything from Big Band to Polka performances.
The arts and craft show has become one of the top attractions at this event, featuring over forty artists and craftsmen. The show will include a wide variety of items such as handmade wood crafts, pottery, airbrush tattoos and more.
Among other attractions at the August Fun Fest will be a flea market, Bingo, a Mon Valley R.C. Model Airplane Club display, dance team performances, old-fashioned horse drawn trolley rides, and encampments by the Western PA Native American Association and the 1st Pennsylvania Light Artillery Battery D.
The August Fun Fest is a Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation special event and is co-sponsored by the Greater Rostraver Chamber of Commerce, the Road Kings Car Club and the Valley Independent.
Cedar Creek Park is located in Rostraver Township off Route 51, one-quarter mile north of Interstate 70. For more information, call Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation at 724-830-3950.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Derry man jailed in scuffle with police
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Seat in 32nd District deemed crucial for Pennsylvania Senate control
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Latrobe police officer sues councilman, city for slander
- Greensburg merchants offer soup for a charitable Claus
- Hempfield Hunt Club gets waiver to speed construction in New Stanton
- North Huntingdon commissioners fill vacant board seat
- Hempfield makes hay with success of Family Night