Man stabbed outside bar in Mt. Pleasant Township
State police are seeking information on a reported bar fight early Monday that left one man hospitalized with multiple stab wounds.
Trooper Stephen Limani said Joseph Biller, 29, no address available, and Jaymie McCabe, 24, of Mt. Pleasant, got into a verbal altercation with two other couples inside Vickie's Crossroads in Mt. Pleasant Township around 1:30 a.m.
Police said the couple believed the altercation had subsided and they left the bar, but the other four followed them to the parking lot.
The two women attacked McCabe, who sustained some scrapes, police said.
The two men attacked Biller, stabbing him several times in the torso, police said. He was taken to UPMC Presbyterian in Pittsburgh, police said. His condition was unavailable.
One of the men involved in the attack was about 5 feet 7-8 inches tall with a stocky build, dark hair and some facial hair, police said.
The second man was described as 5 feet 6 inches tall, with a thin build and lighter brown hair. He may have been wearing some type of head gear, police said.
Both men were white, and they wore jeans and boots.
The women who attacked McCabe were described as 5 feet 7 inches and 5 feet 8 inches tall. Both were white. One wore a brightly colored shirt.
Police are looking for patrons inside the bar at the time or people who may been aware of the alleged attackers' plans to go there Sunday night.
"You can be completely anonymous in the information you give to us," Limani said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 724-832-3288.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Expansion in works for Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum
- Harhai campaign emails from 2007 under review, Westmoreland County DA says
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Derry Twp. crash
- Ligonier Township man jailed in alleged assault of police chief
- Ligonier Township considers cellphone tower requests
- Former Pagans leader works out plea agreement
- Stewartsville principal’s comments taken out of context, district claims
- Energy company responsible for polluting Donegal well appeals state’s finding
- Southmoreland High School junior’s broken jaw ‘could have been avoided’
- Police investigate Hempfield fight
- Woman charged with assault spree in Jeannette